Start by marking “Mrs. Patty Is Batty! (My Weird School, #13)” as Want to Read:
Mrs. Patty Is Batty! (My Weird School, #13)

Mrs. Patty Is Batty! (My Weird School #13)

Something spooky is going on!

Mrs. Patty, the secretary, gives out the best Halloween candy in the history of the world! But her house is haunted! People say she's a witch and her husband is a ghost. Is it worth A.J.'s risking his life for the best candy ever?
Published August 1st 2006 by HarperTrophy (first published July 25th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Mrs. Patty Is Batty!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mrs. Patty Is Batty!

Anna Nguyen
Anna Nguyen rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2008
Jul 08, 2008 Cynthia rated it it was amazing
This is one is about Halloween and gave my youngest daughter the creeps until we got to the conclusion. It in no way traumatized her.
Sep 05, 2009 Colleen rated it did not like it
I would, if I could, give this book a -10 rating. If you are a parent trying to teach your child morals and good behavior in life, do not read this book to them!

These children are horrid and there are NO CONSEQUENCES for their terrible behavior. The lesson taught in this book are 1)hate school & extra education is stupid 2) feel free to lie whenever you want 3)Its fine to make fun of people 3)There is no loyality in friendship 4)Its ok to destroy property 5)Its fine to "hate" people and call
Jan 19, 2015 Shelli rated it really liked it
Dan Gutman understands young reader’s humor and has created a fantastic book formula to draw in even the most reluctant of readers. The My Weird School series is perfect for students to practice their reading skills with its repetitive yet hysterical narrative and story lines. But don’t mention that part to your kiddos, they might run away in fear they could learn something. A must have collection for any grade school library or classroom!
Elias Fung
Elias Fung rated it it was ok
Dec 10, 2009
Samantha Garlock
Oct 30, 2010 Samantha Garlock rated it really liked it
Shelves: sydney
We loved this one so much that Syd now has another series to look into. It was a great Halloween season read. Syd loved the way the story was written as if she was just one of the characters in the story. We actually read it in one sitting or while in the vertical position...bedtime story.
Marcus Lintott
Marcus Lintott rated it it was amazing
Nov 13, 2010
Jun 10, 2011 Abigayl rated it it was amazing
Mrs. Patty is batty is a great book I think you might like it. I love Dan Gutman be sure you read my next review of Mr. Krup cracks me up.
Andrew rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2011
Feb 16, 2012 Sweetles rated it really liked it
this book was really funny becuase they had a halloween parade and AJ accidentally stepped on Emily's costume and it ripped and she was standing in the playground in her underwear.
Feb 12, 2012 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
We started reading the books in the My Weird School series by Dan Gutman and Jim Paillot together during storytime, but our girls have been reading them independently, which is fine with me. The books are silly and somewhat redundant, but have a clever theme that is similar to the books in the Black Lagoon series by Mike Thaler.

This story has a Halloween theme and has a few suspenseful moments, but is not too scary. Our girls liked this story and I'm sure we'll be finishing this series in no tim
Cheryl rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2012
Nov 21, 2012 Adam rated it it was amazing
Jun 27, 2012 Zack rated it it was amazing
Shelves: summer-2012

Well, Mrs.Patty is batty is about when AJ,Michael,Ryan,Emily
and Andrea Go "Trick-or-treating" At Mrs.patty's house and when
they are done they run into Mrs.Patty's Dead husbend Marvin
Who is holding his own severed head.
Joshua Chen
Nov 08, 2013 Joshua Chen marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2013 Sydney rated it really liked it
they think miss batty is a witch. they go her house and get trapped in a dungeon. when miss batty comes back she throws candy at them and figures out she's not a witch.
Nov 20, 2013 Ben rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I liked the book. It's about Halloween and that's what time it is now. I liked it because AJ eats all the candy and stays up all night.

My favorite part of the book is when the kids find the candy room. Mr. Klutz the principal saves them by battling this guy Marvin who is dressed like a mummy. My least favorite part is when they do the school parade it's kind of boring to read about their Halloween costumes. I think kids who like funny books would like this. There are funny jokes in it.
Lindsey Hawkins
Apr 28, 2014 Lindsey Hawkins rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lindsey
Mrs. Patty Is Batty!I want to read it I don't know how to
Arezu Wishka
خیلی کتاب خوبی بود. با خواهرم بلند بلند خندیدیم و حتی از تماشای ترسیدن خفیفش از تاریکی لذت بردم. :))
Oct 20, 2014 Liz added it
Fun Halloween-time read in the My Weird School series. I love this series for reluctant readers and kids who want to read chapter books but aren't quite ready for the fourth grade stuff. The books are redundant but the predictability of the pattern is good for readers.
Jan 17, 2015 Janna rated it really liked it
Children's book about a teacher and students on Halloween trick or treating. Funny and obvious book. I actually read this book only because I needed two more points to reach my AR goal but I'm glad I chose this book because it was amusing and only 100 pages.
Jan 29, 2015 Kelly rated it really liked it
This was a simple and Halloween-themed book that definitely entertained my 5 1/2yr old twin boys. They enjoyed the Halloween-filled suspense as definitely identified with the strong feelings for candy! We started with Gutman's Halloween-themed Weird School books last Fall and haven't stopped yet.
Sep 13, 2015 Austin rated it it was amazing
This book was really good. I have read four of them because that is all I got. I recommend people to read this. If they like mystery then this the book for you.
Dec 01, 2015 Kaytee rated it it was amazing
it was awsome i liked the part where billy scares aj with his werewolf costume and the part where marvin and mr. klutz fighted and i like the part where marvin and mr. klutz fight and the other part i like is when they throw a candy party and then i like the picture where he is in bed and chcolate on his mouth and candy is scattered on his bed from the candy party
Dec 29, 2015 Samantha rated it did not like it
This is one of the worst books I have ever read. I'm 21, so automatically I am not the target audience, but that doesn't mean that I have never been a kid who once enjoyed kid books. I still love kids' books and read a lot of them. Go through my shelves and there is plenty of evidence for it, from Diary of a Wimpy Kid to anything by Dr. Seuss, Mo Willems to Lemony Snicket to C. S. Lewis to Beverly Cleary. Rick Riordan to Dav Pilkey, Geronimo Stilton and Jigsaw Jones and Goosebumps, and hundreds ...more
Dec 30, 2015 Jnase1 rated it liked it
The second and third graders at my school love these books. They like that they are funny and use words like "shut up", "dumbhead," and "butt" as well as the exaggerated humor, some of which they don't always get. What I like about these books are the many idioms contained within each. It might be fun to make a class book about all the idioms and their meanings contained within each book...and you can also use this time, if you so choose, to address why using the words "shut up," "dumbhead," and ...more
Scarlett Sweeney
Jan 16, 2016 Scarlett Sweeney rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-class-books-2
I think this book was funny because A.J thought Mrs. Patty killed her husband Marvin. I think you should read this hilarious book. I also liked when Billy jumped out, and A.J thought it was the Halloween monster.
Read this book today!!
Little Book Station
Feb 10, 2016 Little Book Station rated it it was amazing
read by my 7 year old. and I asked what he thought of it and he replied "it was cool and I really enjoyed it"
Neha Azhar
Feb 12, 2016 Neha Azhar rated it it was amazing
My little brother brought this book from his school library for me. He just knows how much I love books so it didn't get to him that it was for kids and I'm an eighteen year old. Nevertheless, I really liked reading it. I am too much stressed out because of my upcoming final exams and I needed some relaxation so when he gave it to me to read, I decided to go for it. I like Horrid Henry books so I liked reading this one too.
Aug 13, 2016 Theresa rated it liked it
Shelves: 3rd, 2nd
This book is a hard one to give a rating to. I had some issues with it BUT I really think the 2nd and 3rd graders at school with eat this up. The main character is bratty, selfish, lies and gets away with it. They call each other names throughout the book. I can see students really getting into this though.
CHILL and STILL f...: BOTM 6 12 Oct 12, 2014 07:49AM
I love this book 1 10 Feb 20, 2009 12:54PM
  • Ticket Trouble (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #10)
  • The Power of the Parasite (Squish, #3)
  • The One Hundredth Day of School! (Ready, Freddy!, #13)
  • Horrible Harry at Halloween
  • Trouble at the Arcade (The Hardy Boys: Secret Files, #1)
  • The Case of the Great Sled Race (Jigsaw Jones, #8)
  • Frankie Pickle and the Pine Run 3000 (Frankie Pickle, #2)
  • Moonlight on the Magic Flute (Magic Tree House, #41)
  • House of Danger (Choose Your Own Adventure, #15)
  • Gauge (The Dragons of Wayward Crescent, #2)
  • The Ninth Nugget (A to Z Mysteries, #14)
  • Lara the Black Cat Fairy (Rainbow Magic: Magical Animals Fairies, #2)
  • Da Wild, Da Crazy, Da Vinci (Time Warp Trio #14)
  • Bad Kitty Meets the Baby
  • Attack Of The Tyrannosaurus (Dinosaur Cove, #1)
  • Summer Vacation from the Black Lagoon
The author of over 80 books in a little over a decade of writing, Dan Gutman has written on topics from computers to baseball. Beginning his freelance career as a nonfiction author dealing mostly with sports for adults and young readers, Gutman has concentrated on juvenile fiction since 1995. His most popular titles include the time-travel sports book Honus and Me and its sequels, and a clutch of ...more
More about Dan Gutman...

My Weird School (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Miss Daisy Is Crazy! (My Weird School, #1)
  • Mr. Klutz Is Nuts! (My Weird School, #2)
  • Mrs. Roopy Is Loopy! (My Weird School, #3)
  • Ms. Hannah Is Bananas! (My Weird School, #4)
  • Miss Small Is off the Wall! (My Weird School, #5)
  • Mr. Hynde Is Out of His Mind! (My Weird School, #6)
  • Mrs. Cooney Is Loony! (My Weird School, #7)
  • Ms. LaGrange Is Strange! (My Weird School, #8)
  • Miss Lazar Is Bizarre! (My Weird School, #9)
  • Mr. Docker Is Off His Rocker! (My Weird School, #10)

“Let’s T.P. Andrea’s house!” I” 0 likes