Start by marking “The Cheap Bastard's® Guide to San Francisco, 2nd: Secrets of Living the Good Life--For Less!” as Want to Read:

liked it 3.0  ·  Rating Details ·  2 Ratings  ·  1 Review
Cheap Bastard's Guide to San Francisco details endless free and inexpensive opportunities available in the City by the Bay from theater, concerts, and museums to wine tastings, yoga classes, haircuts, and massages––for native and visiting cheapskates alike. Written in a fun, humorous tone, this unique guide offers sound advice on how to live the good life on the cheap!
Published November 8th 2011 by GPP Travel (first published October 18th 2011)

Be the first to ask a question about The Cheap Bastard's® Guide to San Francisco, 2nd

Lisa Vegan
May 15, 2012 Lisa Vegan rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: all San Franciscans and most visitors to the city, with the caveat that some entries are out of date
Wow! This book is great. Every time I was thinking a place or attraction was left out, it eventually appeared. The content feels very comprehensive.

I’d have given this 5 stars for sure but, as with virtually all printed guidebooks, so much was out of date. Places have closed entirely, prices have risen, offers have been discontinued, etc.

But, I’m tempted to buy this book for a friend who’s about to buy a house in the city, and I’m even tempted to get a copy for myself. I actually wish this was a
Caelie
Caelie rated it it was ok
Jul 09, 2012
James Murphy
James Murphy marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2012
Bryan Glosemeyer
Bryan Glosemeyer marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2012
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2012
Denika Clay
Denika Clay marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2013
Meghan
Meghan marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2013
Stephen
Stephen marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Dax J
Dax J added it
Aug 16, 2014
Dane
Dane marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2015