Start by marking “Jesse James, My Father: The First and Only True Story of His Adventures” as Want to Read:
Jesse James, My Father: The First and Only True Story of His Adventures

Jesse James, My Father: The First and Only True Story of His Adventures

This is a pre-1923 historical reproduction that was curated for quality. Quality assurance was conducted on each of these books in an attempt to remove books with imperfections introduced by the digitization process. Though we have made best efforts - the books may have occasional errors that do not impede the reading experience. We believe this work is culturally ...more
Published April 4th 2010 by BiblioLife (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Jesse James, My Father, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jesse James, My Father

Vaishali Joglekar
Only interesting for the first half, where Jesse James’ son narrates colorful, highly surprising stories. The other half is a boring telling of the son’s life. No young Skywalker, noooooooo! Your dad Vader is the rockstar.

Anywho, some neat factoids :
-------------------------

“In none of the thousands of newspaper articles… have I seen him credited with … the human attributes of kindness, charity or honesty of purpose.”

“This is because these writings were done by those who never knew my father.”

Sean McLachlan
What an odd book.

The son of the famous outlaw, Jesse James Jr., spends the first half of this book trying to exonerate his father, and the second half trying to exonerate himself for an 1898 train robbery. After much media hype, Jesse James Jr. was found innocent.

In between the mythologizing of his father and himself we get interesting tidbits, like Jr.'s earliest memory being of a shooting at their home. There are also some rollicking good tales (wildly exaggerated) of his father's time fightin
Machelle
May 28, 2015 Machelle rated it really liked it
Very interesting telling of the life of Jesse James. I have always had an interest in him as my grandfather told a story of when he and Frank James came through TN on their way to Nashville they spent the night at my great grandparents farm. This book brings to light a whole different side of his life as seen by his son. Makes one wonder how often reality and stories are opposite in truths.
Fernanda
May 29, 2015 Fernanda rated it it was ok
There's nothing as pathetic as a grown man who uses the story of his father in order to get some recognition of his own. I really, really thought I'd learn more about Jesse, but his son didn't abound much into the topic and didn't say anything new.
Carolyn Ann Howard
Mar 01, 2013 Carolyn Ann Howard rated it really liked it
Excellent read but of course with a slanted viewpoint, as should be expected from a proud son. Only about half the book is devoted to Jesse James, Sr. It appears the other half is about the life of his son, also named Jesse.
Bruce A. Chambers
Fair

Somewhat difficult to read. This book was just as much about the trial of Jesse James' son as it was about Jesse James.
Linda
Dec 10, 2015 Linda rated it liked it
An interesting book. Makes me want to read more about Jesse James to see if the truth can be deciphered. Not sure what to think about it.
Dawn
Dawn rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2016
judy smith
judy smith rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2016
S.E.
S.E. rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2014
John & Sue Glaus
John & Sue Glaus rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2016
Marty
Marty rated it liked it
Feb 12, 2016
Kate Joekel
Kate Joekel rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2016
Matthew Poole
Matthew Poole rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2012
MG SCHREDL
MG SCHREDL rated it it was amazing
Nov 20, 2016
Anthony L. Guardino
Anthony L. Guardino rated it liked it
Sep 16, 2015
Bob Kelly
Bob Kelly rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2015
Jack Eberhart
Jack Eberhart rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2016
Potomacwill
Potomacwill rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2011
Maria Wroblewski
Maria Wroblewski rated it liked it
May 01, 2016
Jeanette
Jeanette rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
May 15, 2015
Dolores
Dolores rated it liked it
Sep 30, 2014
Linda Scott
Linda Scott rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2016
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
Sep 11, 2016
Debbie
Debbie rated it liked it
Jul 24, 2012
Matthew
May 03, 2016 Matthew rated it liked it
I read it for the novelty but clearly Jesse James is a questionable historian and very biased.
Brandi Coons
Brandi Coons rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2015
Dimitris
Dimitris rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2013
Jeanine
Jeanine rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2012