Start by marking “Deal with This” as Want to Read:
Deal with This

Deal with This (Mercenary/Goddard Project #7)

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  448 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Lucy Monroe is one of my favorite writers." --Lora LeighWhen reporter Alan Hyatt is assigned to investigate a case of high-tech espionage in the Vancouver film industry--and meets sizzling actress Jillian Carlyle--he finds a perfect reason to work in bed. But Jillian is also his landlady--and she doesn't date her renters. When Jillian suggests he play a background actor on ...more
Published May 1st 2011 by Kensington Publishing Corporation (first published December 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Deal with This, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deal with This

Miss Kim
Nov 10, 2008 Miss Kim rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Miss Kim by: continuation of a series
I really liked the hero, Alan, but the heroine, Jillian...eh not so much. Alan is an undercover agent posing as a reporter, sent to a film set in the hopes of finding who is selling technological secrets at a high price including murder. Jillian is an actress on the set, and also coincidentallly his lanlady. There is instant attraction for both of them, however his view is 'I'm on the case', and she's 'I don't sleep with my boarders'. This whole situation seems to drag on through 2/3 of the book ...more
Jane Stewart
I did not like this at all -- too much pondering --too much telling not showing.

The first 90 pages consisted primarily of his and her thoughts about wanting each other but not having each other. After that, too much of the book was spent on the two characters pondering their feelings and wondering about each other. Toward the end, after Jillian realizes that she is in love with Alan, she gives him the silent treatment. Because she is doing it, he does the same thing in return. Soon after that, m
Sandi Whipple
This was my first book of Lucy Monroe’s.

Jillian, well, not only couldn’t I connect with her, but she really wasn’t a very nice person. I couldn’t understand her hatred for any relationship, once her past came to light. The two didn’t seem to mesh. She takes in roommates (boarders if you will), and swears to never get involved or have sex with a roomie! Alan, investigating a case of espionage, goes undercover as a reporter, and becomes a roomie. He’s good at what he does, he’s a hunk, and a real
Celia Lewis
This comedy-suspense-romance book made me snort and laugh out loud! I picked it up partly because of the promo quote on the front cover by Debbie Macomber, and partly because I read on the back cover that it was set in Vancouver BC [my home town], related to the city's film industry. I loved the incredible characters Lucy Monroe peopled this novel with - they were so believable, even when somewhat caricature-like. I could see them, hear them, smell them. I began to care about each one of them as ...more
Nikki Brandyberry
What’s funny about this book is that I liked the secondary characters more than the main ones. I just never connected with Jillian and Alan. Alan is smart, looks like a God and is great at his job sure…but I just didn’t see him and Jillian together. Perhaps it was because Jillian spends the majority of the book swearing her and Alan aren’t going to hook up because he is a boarder (undercover) at her house and her main rule is no sex with the room mates. I mean, how many times can one girl say th ...more
Kathy
Lovetoread47
I picked this book up from the library because of the male model's torso. I was not about to pass this book up. Well, it was erotic and the ending was a happy one with a side of captured culprit. This is the first Lucy Monroe book I have read and maybe I should not have started it with this. Nonetheless, there are a few of her novels I have read the synopsis on and marked as want to read.
LaFleurBleue
My first book from Lucy Monroe.
I might read some others but will not specifically try to look for it.
It was a quick and light reading, bordering on the too-light and too-easy. I liked the hero, Alan, who's undercover on an investigation relating to technology spying. His behaviour seemed very normal and not really like a super-hero, like it often happens in romantic suspenses. However he seemed real and nice.
The heroine, Jillian, however, was not so real and not so nice either. I did not fully b
Lady
I am sooooo in love with this hero it's funny.

Both hero and heroine start at a "I ain't gonna love nobody" attitude and they shake it off as the book developes but in a credible way wich is very satisfying.

When they finally realize their feelings they manage quite well to accept them and find a way to make things work, they don't hurt each other through out the story wich is good and they have a very good relationship.

We get to see Simon and Amanda from "The Real Deal" again and it is too cute f
Hilly
Feb 06, 2013 Hilly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who already read The Real Deal by same author
3 stars. Rounded up half a star because it ties in with The Real Deal The Real Deal by Lucy Monroe, which I also liked.

I've been skimming and dropping many of Lucy Monroe's books, but this was engaging. I would recommend these two books together for a sample of what L.Monroe can (but doesn't always) do.
July
Alan goes undercover to do this job. His landlady Jillian rents out rooms to quirky actors, grips or like him a reporter (well so he his job is to act like one). He must get close to Jillian and all the people that will be his flatmates.
Jillian and Alan's relationship grows while his investagation continues.
This story has lots of humor. I enjoyed it. You will also meet back up with characters from an older book by Lucy Monroe "Real Deal". I Loved that Book too!
Deanna also on Leafmarks because I miss Marco
Not my favorite of Monroe's books. I liked Alan but Jillian irated me. For two people who did not believe in love and forever, they did not fight it. Jillian was supposed to be all about truth and honesty in all matters, no exceptions but she accepted Alan's lies and false name with a bat of an eye. I loved Perry and Gavin and would love to have more of them. The so called mystery was not much of one. Still it was a fun and quick read.
Stacie
Dec 17, 2007 Stacie added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance
This is a story about an FBI agent going undercover to discover what is going on at a production company. He falls in love with the main actress for the company. She is very independent and owns a house that she has converted into a boarding house. One of her main rules is that no boarders can mess around. But then she finds herself wanting to break her own rule with the FBI agent who has moved in.
Colleen
I could not get into the plot on this one. The entire story just made my eyes glaze over. The love scenes were hot though and for that alone I'm giving it 3 stars. Otherwise, the story deserves 2 stars. I did also enjoy the story of Alan and Jillian. It was nice to see Alan finally get the girl.
Lychee
I'm very curious about this author. Strong feminist take on female heterosexuality and sexual empowerment in many ways, but other of her novels have included a pro-life version of unplanned pregnancies. Better sex scenes than Suzanne Brockmann but not as absorbing stories.
Angie
I was glad to see they made a book with Alan. Although they made him into kind of a jerk in the book prior, it turns out he just hadn't found a girl to make work 2nd in his life. Good story line and great chemistry with the girl.
Sara
I really should have tried reading this series in order because i'm trying to make comparisons to characters that i'm not even sure i've met
Was a little disappointed with this one. The romance part was a little on the boring side and the sub plot was not interesting at all.
Charlene
I liked the secondary characters more than Alan and Jillian. I was kind of disappointed because I really loved the mercenary trilogy.
Crystal S
I didn't like it as much as Ms. Monroe's previous book, Satisfaction Guaranteed, but it was still a good book.
Modesty_b
The heroine has so many (stupid) rules that it's exhausting. Man, she's one of a kind. enjoyed it!!
Leisa Prater
Loved it....I loved the story with a strong female...loved her entire attitude
Robin Covington
Liked the book - but not the heroine as much as the other characters.
Stefany
Loved it! Everything about the Chernichenkos Family is amazing!
Tasha Dickens
I didn't even finish it... I just couldn't get into it...
Sneha
Deal with this,seriously! Very hot!! :))
Kathrynn
Ordered March 20, 2008
Celebrating A New Harlequin Showcase Release For Lucy Monroe 1 3 May 11, 2010 07:56AM
Cyber Launch Party Today For Lucy Monroe's MOON CRAVING 1 2 Feb 05, 2010 06:34AM
  • Always Look Twice (Callahan Brothers, #3)
  • Too Wilde to Tame (Wilde Series, #3)
  • Time to Run (SEAL Team 12, #3)
  • Larger Than Life (Smithson Group SG-5, #6)
  • All About Men
  • Star Quality
  • Crazy Love (Steele Street, #5)
  • The Black Sheep and the English Rose (Unholy Trinity, #3)
  • First You Run (Bullet Catcher, #4)
  • Slow Hands
Award winning author Lucy Monroe had her first book published in September 2003. Since then she has sold more than 50 books to four publishers and hit national bestsellers lists in the US and England. She writes sexy category romance for Harlequin Presents including her own ongoing mini-series, The Royal Brides. If you prefer a longer book, but want to keep it steamy, try her Mercenary trilogy or ...more
More about Lucy Monroe...
Moon Awakening (Children of the Moon, #1) Ready Moon Craving (Children of the Moon, #2) The Billionaire's Pregnant Mistress Willing