Start by marking “The Power of Simple Prayer: How to Talk with God about Everything” as Want to Read:
The Power of Simple Prayer: How to Talk with God about Everything

The Power of Simple Prayer: How to Talk with God about Everything

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  872 ratings  ·  51 reviews
Prayer transforms lives every day.
But for those who pray, how many
truly understand its power? In her
straightforward and profound style
beloved by millions worldwide,
Joyce Meyer reveals the incredible
force that comes through the simple
act of prayer. By explaining the
keys to unanswered prayers, the
hindrances to prayer's effectiveness,
and the Bible's role in prayer,
Joyce gives
Published April 3rd 2007 by FaithWords (first published January 1st 2007)

Kevin
When I started my study on prayer - I figured I would have to learn latin, chanting and possibly learn how to flog myself. I was very relieved to find out how simple it is to just talk to God. Joyce does an amazing job outlining the simplicity of prayer and then discussing the things behind the scenes e.g. why we don't get a response from God, what we are doing that prevents the full power of our prayers from making things happen.
Ki
The great points--This book is good at inspiring people to pray often, pray meaningfully, and pray now. It talks about the value of set-aside prayer sessions, and fast call-outs to God. I personally believe that combination really leads to a dynamic prayer experience.

I love how she went through the different types of prayer we can offer. There were times Meyer wrote profound ideas and concepts, which got me thinking.

She forced the idea that we have to live good lives and work with God in order
Yunita1987
Buku ini benar-benar mengajarkan dirimu bagaimana berdoa.

Dari buku ini, aq mendapatkan pelajaran yang sangat berarti. Bahwa jika kita ingin meminta sesuatu kepada Tuhan, sebelumnya selidik dulu dari dirisendiri, apakah hidup kita sudah benar? Jangan mengharapkan Tuhan akan menjawab doa kita, jika hidup kita sendiri belum benar. dan juga mengajarkan kepadaQ, agar jangan egois. Maksud egois dalam hal ini adalah kita hanya mendoakan dirikita sendiri atau keluarga kita saja, yuk mulai belajar untuk
Shelly
This book is amazing if you are an overthinker and perfectionist like I am. It has brought an amazingly fresh new perspective on the power of prayer and truly how simple it can be. I am totally guily of overcomplicating this part of my walk in faith and have gained so much new perspective from this book. I am actually re-reading to jot down some notes for reference and am finding just as much the second time through. Definitely recommend this for anyone needing a little encouragement in the area ...more
Sandy Sandmeyer
An excellent, easy-to-read book about prayer. It's a good book to read if you need to pick it up at intervals, like I did, or to read right through. I underlined as I went along because there are very good points to note. Certainly this is a book that you'll want to read through multiple times so that you can strengthen your prayer life and continue to learn. I highly recommend this book for new and not-so-new Christians. It's a good book for you wherever you are in your walk with Christ.
Monica
Loving this...reminds me how much more I should be communicating with God. After all, this is what I was created for. This really opens my mind to all the times throughout the day that I should be communicating with Him, and what I should be teaching my children...

So far, I love this!
Jenny
Joyce Meyer is a truly inspiring person.The Power of Simple Prayer is a wonderful book for anyone that wants to learn how to talk to God. Joyce makes it easy to understand and backs up her knowledge with the Truth. Definitely recommend.
Grace Metcalfe
I really wanted to get something out of this book but when I looked into the authors personal life and finances I felt this wasn't the journey for me
Sary Fairchild
Excellent text about the power of prayer for peole who tend to underestimate its power. A good reminder of a very basic Christian concept.
Shelly Ann Haselden
Good ways to really communicate to God. I believe all things were covered!
Amy Sjoquist
didn't get to finish. Need to buy. Very good book.
J. Allen
Wonderful teaching on it's topic, prayer.
Inspirational and motivating.
Mom
Apr 02, 2010 Mom is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Good..
Cierra Seay
This book was profound for me. As someone who's still fairly new at living this Christian life I've always had tons of questions regarding prayer. Joyce Meyer couldn't have laid it out any better. I had no idea that simple sayings and sentences such as "Thank you Jesus" or "Lord help me" were considered prayers as long as they are sincere. I will definitely be taking the principles learned and applying them immediately as well as using this book as a reference whenever I get discouraged about my ...more
Andrew
Providing more insights for prayers, and remind us reasons why we pray! A recommended for one who wants to increase his/her level of prayer, and may answer questions why one prayer aren't answered by HIm
Lacey
I hate giving this a 3 but I don't think I'm quite up to "really liked it". However, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to anyone who would like to develop their prayers.
My eyes landed on this title in the library after talking with God about prayer - some will see the magic of this. Anyway... Some of the points in this book were common sense for me but there are things in here that served as reminders and thinking points. If anyone needs to strengthen their prayers or wants to build on praye
Anusha Atukorala
Great book on prayer. Simply expressed but lots of practical suggestions on developing our prayer lives. I would recommend it both to new Christians and to mature Christians - to anyone who wants to develop their prayer life and their walk with God.
Robert Eby
The Power of Simple Prayer by Joyce Meyers; having just read 40 pages of it, yet I am enthralled with this book. Giving me a power of simplicity and encouragement, I quite enjoy what I have read. An easy read, yet a powerful and useful technique.

I enjoy the way it is laid out and her style of writing, so far. I would recommend this book because of the mindset when praying, I have adopted, from reading this book. She is very clear and precise.

Well done.
Lisa
This book was in fact simple and powerful!! It forever changed how I think about prayer..and how I pray. The enemy of our soul is endlessly trying to complicate God...and make you think you are praying "wrong" or God is not hearing you... This book is stuffed full of the Word of God, and really equips you with the truth about prayer!
Traci
Love this book! I asked God to teach me to pray. He responded in so many ways, but this is the most recent. I rated this five stars, because it is a book that I will read again and again. (have read it twice so far)
Courtney Stockstill
Very powerful book. It is packed with excellent information about prayer. It definitely gives you things to think about. This is one book I will plan to re-read sometime in the future.
Joe
If Meyers knows anything, she knows how to motivate a believer to pray; this practically written, word specific book will totally change your view of prayer.
Filomena Maduro
This book really thought me how to pray, it was an eye opener for me, it thought that praying
wassomething very simple to do, thanks Joyce.
Kamryn Adams
I enjoyed this book. I like Joyce Meyer's relaxed style and I totally agree with the principal of the book: Praying is simply talking to God.
Lori
Apr 26, 2008 Lori rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Looking for a deeper understanding of prayer.
Shelves: religious
So far this book has answered many questions I've had from the time of being a young child. I really like Joyce Meyer and her teaching style.
Susan McClary
Joyce Meyer brings living the Christian life down to our everyday experinces. Enjoy hearing her speak as well as reading her books.
Kahri Lynn
Amazing book. Although I am quite a pray-er, I learned a lot from this book and it has some wonderful concepts.
Tracey
Just how powerful prayer really is and really is simple. It doesnt have to be as complicated as we make it to be.
  • Spiritual Madness: The Necessity of Meeting God in Darkness
  • For Married Women Only: Three Principles for Honoring Your Husband
  • Becoming the Woman God Wants Me to Be: A 90-Day Guide to Living the Proverbs 31 Life
  • Fasting: Opening the Door to a Deeper, More Intimate, More Powerful Relationship With God
  • 30 Thoughts for Victorious Living
  • Who You are When No One's Looking: Choosing Consistency, Resisting Compromise
  • A Love Worth Giving: Living in the Overflow of God's Love
  • Lord, Teach Me to Pray in 28 Days
  • Psychic Intelligence: Tune In and Discover the Power of Your Intuition
  • Just Enough Light for the Step I'm On
  • Living Beyond Yourself: Exploring the Fruit of the Spirit - Member Book
  • Reposition Yourself: Living Life Without Limits
  • Story Structure: The Key to Successful Fiction (Red Sneaker Writers Series #1)
  • I Would Die for You: One Student's Story of Passion, Service, and Faith
  • He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
  • 100 Days of Favor: Daily Readings From Unmerited Favor
  • Living the Extraordinary Life: Nine Principles to Discover It
JOYCE MEYER is one of the world's leading practical Bible teachers. A #1 New York Times bestselling author, she has written more than seventy inspirational books, including The Confident Woman, Look Great, Feel Great, and the entire Battlefield of the Mind family of books. She has also released thousands of audio teachings as well as a complete video library. Joyce's Enjoying Everyday Life® radio ...more
More about Joyce Meyer...
Battlefield Of The Mind: Winning The Battle In Your Mind Me and My Big Mouth!: Your Answer is Right Under Your Nose The Confident Woman: Start Today Living Boldly and Without Fear Approval Addiction: Overcoming Your Need to Please Everyone The Penny