HBR's 10 Must Reads on Change Management (Including Featured Article "Leading Change," by John P. Kotter)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  90 ratings  ·  10 reviews

Most company's change initiatives fail. Yours don't have to.
If you read nothing else on change, read these 10 articles. We've combed through hundreds of Harvard Business Review articles and selected the most important ones to help you spearhead change in your organization.
HBR's 10 Must Reads on Change will inspire you to:
- Lead change through eight critical stages
- Est...more
Published February 24th 2011 by Harvard Business School Press

Carolina Esteves de Andrade
I just invested in myself with the HBR’S 10 Must Reads Collection by Harvard Business Review Press. This series is really good because each book has 10 of the best articles published by Harvard University on each topic. I think it is a must read for any ambitious manager, new or experienced leader.

It is easy to read, each book has approximately 300 pages. Each chapter is an article from great authors such as Peter F. Drucker, Theodore Levitt, Robert S. Kaplan, David P. Norton and others. One of...more
Anshul Thakur
They are definitely a good read if you are looking for guidance. While some articles (mainly collaborations or case studies of how the programs devised by the authors worked wonders) did beat around the bush, it is the veterans like Christensen Clayton, Kaplan and Norton, Kotter, Peter Drucker and many others who moved my heart through beautiful prose in argument. A real story is often more influential than those with ‘A construction company in America’ type of themes and yet some researchers ha...more
Ryan
Excellent book. Provides several papers on effective change management. There are a few standouts (The Real Reason People Won't Change, Why Change Programs Dont Produce Change) and a few that are a little less so (A Survival Guide for Leaders). Some of the papers in this book skip around the really hard issue of change that results in loss of headcount- so obviously in parts that its kind of annoying.

The best way to approach the lessons in this book is by imagining you dont currently do anything...more
James
Instead of reading one author's take on change management, the reader was exposed to ten articles that serve to give the reader exactly the viewpoints he needs. Some articles clashed and others agreed and complemented one another and that is the beauty of HBR's collection and most representative of what reality is.
Sue Blanchard
I bought and read this book last year for an MBA paper I was writing. It repeats Kotter's steps for making change happen; otherwise, the book focuses on the findings of academic papers published by the authors who contribute to the book.
Playhead
It's a pretty good summary of articles. I liked it and I thought it had many different perspectives on change. But I'm anal and therefore like to read more on each point of view. But it's a good starting point.
Saikrishna Chaitanya
Good book for the people who wants to know about change management.

Gives insight on the change that modified the organization structure of big companies.
Dave
No one does meaningless business jargon and multi-step process management tools like the Harvard Business Review! That's pretty much all I can say about that.
محمود بركات
ملخصات جيدة جداً من كلية هارفارد لادارة الأعمال لمجموعة من افضل الكتب القيمة فى ادارة التغيير
Thomas McGuire
Quite helpful. Read this for ideas on my thesis.
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Beatrice Cavalleri
Beatrice Cavalleri is currently reading it
Jun 25, 2014
Zaher Alhaj
Zaher Alhaj marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Keith Svetlik
Keith Svetlik marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Rutger
Rutger marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Matt Mccoy
Matt Mccoy marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Gruntel Schnitzel
Gruntel Schnitzel marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Andrew Hill
Andrew Hill marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Marco
Marco marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Quinten Lockefeer
Quinten Lockefeer marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
HBR's 10 Must Reads on Managing Yourself (with bonus article "How Will You Measure Your Life?" by Clayton M. Christensen) HBR's 10 Must Reads on Leadership (with featured article �What Makes an Effective Executive,� by Peter F. Drucker) HBR's 10 Must Reads on Strategy (including featured article �What Is Strategy?� by Michael E. Porter) HBR's 10 Must Reads on Managing People (with featured article �Leadership That Gets Results,� by Daniel Goleman) HBR Guide to Getting the Right Work Done