Start by marking “Dr Siri Paiboun Mystery Collection: The Merry Misogynist, Love Songs From A Shallow Grave, Curse Of The Pogo Stick, Anarchy And Old Dogs, Disco For ... Thirty Three Teeth, The Coroner's Lunch” as Want to Read:
Preview

Dr Siri Paiboun Mystery Collection: The Merry Misogynist, Love Songs From A Shallow Grave, Curse Of The Pogo Stick, Anarchy And Old Dogs, Disco For ... Thirty Three Teeth, The Coroner's Lunch (Dr. Siri Paiboun #1-7)

4.55 of 5 stars 4.55  ·  rating details  ·  69 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Paperback
Published March 24th 2011 by Zatpix

To ask other readers questions about Dr Siri Paiboun Mystery Collection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dr Siri Paiboun Mystery Collection

Jo Sullivan
I just reread this series (in order this time instead of as I could
get my hands on them). I love how the author captures the feeling of being in Laos (sounds, weather, food, dust, environment). His description of Vientiane and the more rural places the various books take the reader to are a travelogue through Laos. I also really liked the historical perspective of this moment, Laos post revolution and post-Vietnam War, as experienced through this marvelous cast of characters. I want to eat noodl
Jeffery
I have read the first and the sixth installment in this series. The first felt a bit clunky and patched together. Anarchy and Old Dogs, on the other hand, was a delightful romp that nearly put Daeng's noodles in my mouth and made me want to read up on the history of Laos. These books are fun, quirky summer reads.
Rachel
I loved this series. The way Colin Cotterill describes Laos makes the stories easy to follow, despite the enormous cultural differences between newly communist Laos in the 70's and the UK in 2013.
Sometimes in books that are set in a county or era very different to my own I can find it a little bit difficult to 'get in to' the story, but with these I was gripped from the start!
The characters are engaging- Dr Siri is the lovable yet truly infuriating central character, and a whole cast of people a
Jeannette
Jun 19, 2012 Jeannette marked it as to-read
I love Dr. Siri Paiboun and his insights into life in Laos. My first book was the "Coroner's Lunch" and I think I'll read them all. The descriptions, settings, the humor and writing style are all winning aspects. The plots can sometimes be intricate and are true mystery stories. The gentle but sarcastic hero and his companions remind me of the Alexander McCall Smith books - The Number 1 Ladies Detective Agency and the old Don Camillo books by Giovannino Guareschi. All these books pit a strong ch ...more
Elizabeth Mcintire
Tore through this series once I stumbled upon the first one in the library. Charming protagonist Dr Siri, the reluctant coroner of Laos. Off-beat plots full of observations on politics and the spirit world that he is learning to manage. Like McCall-Smith, the attraction is the characters , and there is very little current time violence.
Rebecca Lobb
Absolutely love this author. I love the subtle humour.
Enjoyed reading a mystery set in a particular time & place unfamiliar to me. Dr. Siri is a good lead character in that he is complex even to himself & is reluncantly curious. These books made me think about broader viewpoints rather than just a who dunit tale.
Lisa
Great series- filled with likable characters, detailed descriptions of food, culture, politics, and geography. Dr. Siri is no ordinary detective. Perfect books for a summer read.
Karen Murphy
I have read only the "Coroner's Lunch" and I'll probably read more of them. I loved the wicked humor and the insights into life in Laos.
Mary Ahlgren
Can't find Thirty-three Teeth, but if the rest of the collection is as good as this title, I can't wait to read them all.
Gill Mclauchlan
Loved this series. Easy reads and if you have been to Laos, easy to visualise
Ann Beardshear
Ann Beardshear marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
JoAnn
JoAnn added it
Mar 03, 2015
Asma Fedosia
Asma Fedosia marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Wentworth
Wentworth marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Ann Hart
Ann Hart marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Erica
Erica marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Tom
Tom marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Smb
Smb marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Deb
Deb marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Colin Cotterill was born in London and trained as a teacher and set off on a world tour that didn't ever come to an end. He worked as a Physical Education instructor in Israel, a primary school teacher in Australia, a counselor for educationally handicapped adults in the US, and a university lecturer in Japan. But the greater part of his latter years has been spent in Southeast Asia. Colin has tau ...more
More about Colin Cotterill...

Dr. Siri Paiboun (10 books)
  • The Coroner's Lunch (Dr. Siri Paiboun, #1)
  • Thirty-Three Teeth (Dr. Siri Paiboun, #2)
  • Disco For The Departed (Dr. Siri Paiboun, #3)
  • Anarchy and Old Dogs (Dr. Siri Paiboun, #4)
  • Curse of the Pogo Stick (Dr. Siri Paiboun #5)
  • The Merry Misogynist (Dr. Siri Paiboun, #6)
  • Love Songs From A Shallow Grave (Dr. Siri Paiboun, #7)
  • Slash and Burn (Dr. Siri Paiboun, #8)
  • The Woman Who Wouldn't Die (Dr. Siri Paiboun, #9)
  • Six and a Half Deadly Sins
The Coroner's Lunch (Dr. Siri Paiboun, #1) Thirty-Three Teeth (Dr. Siri Paiboun, #2) Disco For The Departed (Dr. Siri Paiboun, #3) Anarchy and Old Dogs (Dr. Siri Paiboun, #4) Curse of the Pogo Stick (Dr. Siri Paiboun #5)