Start by marking “Special Delivery” as Want to Read:
Special Delivery

Special Delivery

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  37 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Contemporary RomanceLarge Print Edition* #1 Waldenbooks BestsellerWhen Roxanne Murdoch took the place of an absent employee to deliver a belly-gram, she never expected to spend New Years Eve locked in a bank with the vice president shed been sent to surprise. Yet here she was, a respectable businesswoman, dressed like a harem girl, barricaded against a howling blizzard wit ...more
Published by Elaine Raco Chase (first published October 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Special Delivery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Special Delivery

willaful
Apr 08, 2012 willaful rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of banter
This story about two snowbound near-strangers might have made a great romantic comedy with Carole Lombard and Fred MacMurry, but I'm just not that crazy about banter in books. It did make me laugh a few times, and is kind of charmingly dated, with references to Gloria Steinem and astrology, and an almost self-consciously sensitive hero.
Gaele
Feb 01, 2013 Gaele rated it it was amazing
Audio Book Review!
Elaine Raco Chase’s work is perfectly suited to the audiobook form, her conversation is so alive, so quick witted and responsive that you will feel as if you are overhearing the interaction from your seat. This book flips the traditional “romance” feel on its ear: Bram is the one who is open, direct and first to admit to being smitten with Roxanne. While Roxanne is more reserved, dragging her Pullman car of baggage and fear from her last relationship forward.

Bram is the vice p
Kim (Wistfulskimmies Book Reviews)
This is the story of Roxanne who is the successful boss of a greetings-gram company. As a result of one of her staff breaking an ankle, she finds herself filling in and delivering a belly-gram to the Vice President of a prestigious bank. Due to a blizzard she finds herself stuck in the bank with only him for company all over New Years...........

This was a super little romance with just a wee bit of heat thrown in. I loved the slow burn of the relationship between Roxanne and Bram. The bickering
WiLoveBooks
Jan 25, 2013 WiLoveBooks rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pure fun. First, Roxanne has to dress as a harem girl to deliver a message because her employee gets hurt. Then she and the recipient of the message get snowed in and it is just the two of them, lots of funny banter, steam, and the question: How long does it take to fall in love with someone? The two characters were great and this was just a fun, entertaining story.
The audio was very well done. The two narrators were entertaining to listen to and the music and sound effects were a nice touch.
Jennifer Gallagher
Jul 15, 2013 Jennifer Gallagher rated it it was amazing
Of all of Elaine Raco Chase's books that I have read this is the funniest one yet. I could not put this book down just had to read until the end.. If I had met a banker like Bram I would have been praying for a snow storm... This book had me laughing all the way to the end... It Also had some great love scenes... A beautiful.. charming book that will convince you that there is such a thing as love at first sight.I highly recommend this book to everyone
Annie ashbaugh
Oct 18, 2012 Annie ashbaugh rated it it was amazing
This book was so cute and amazing! The whole belly-gram idea was adorable, and I think it's hilarious how Roxanne tried to act highly independent, and she fell so hard for Bram. I loved how his "vacation" ended up, and I believe I could read this book over and over again!
Stacy Juba
Jun 29, 2011 Stacy Juba rated it it was amazing
This was an enjoyable read with likeable characters who had definite chemistry. I loved the cozy winter setting. Elaine Raco Chase is a fresh voice in contemporary romance and I'll be getting more of her books for some fun escape reading.
Maggie Lane
Sep 16, 2012 Maggie Lane rated it it was amazing
Loved, Loved, Loved this book..Great Characters lots of sexual tension and just all out fun...I recommend this quick read!
Mayas
May 02, 2013 Mayas rated it really liked it
This is a fun book, once I got finished with it. Bram was no card shark but he knew how to get Roxy to admit her love.
Felicia
Nov 09, 2014 Felicia rated it it was amazing
This was define lay a sweet fun read! I love the banter between Bram and Roxanne. What a way to be snowbound huh! They just warmed my heart.
Deb Vamosi
Deb Vamosi is currently reading it
Feb 05, 2016
Scarlet Darkwood
Scarlet Darkwood marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
E.G. Fox
E.G. Fox rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2015
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Terry Trahan
Terry Trahan marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Electra Hellkat
Electra Hellkat marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2015
Greenprarie
Greenprarie marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Grahambots
Grahambots rated it it was ok
Mar 16, 2015
Genelle Thew
Genelle Thew marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Chelsea Langston
Chelsea Langston marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Kaye
Kaye rated it it was ok
Jan 24, 2015
jean broughton
jean broughton rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2014
KH
KH added it
May 14, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Latochia Bell
Latochia Bell marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
flower added it
May 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Audio Book now available! 2 5 Dec 30, 2012 11:08AM
Elaine Raco Chase is the award-winning author of seventeen paperback novels with over 3 million books in print. She is published in 25 countries and 15 languages.

As a romance writer, Chase has won two sales awards for top romance novels of the year, Romantic Times Lifetime Achievement Award for romantic suspense, and the Affaire de Coeur Silver Pen Award for writing excellence. Her non-fiction deb
More about Elaine Raco Chase...