Special Delivery

Special Delivery

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Contemporary RomanceLarge Print Edition* #1 Waldenbooks BestsellerWhen Roxanne Murdoch took the place of an absent employee to deliver a belly-gram, she never expected to spend New Years Eve locked in a bank with the vice president shed been sent to surprise. Yet here she was, a respectable businesswoman, dressed like a harem girl, barricaded against a howling blizzard wit...more
Published by Elaine Raco Chase (first published October 1st 1997)

willaful
Apr 08, 2012 willaful rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of banter
This story about two snowbound near-strangers might have made a great romantic comedy with Carole Lombard and Fred MacMurry, but I'm just not that crazy about banter in books. It did make me laugh a few times, and is kind of charmingly dated, with references to Gloria Steinem and astrology, and an almost self-consciously sensitive hero.
Gaele
Audio Book Review!
Elaine Raco Chase’s work is perfectly suited to the audiobook form, her conversation is so alive, so quick witted and responsive that you will feel as if you are overhearing the interaction from your seat. This book flips the traditional “romance” feel on its ear: Bram is the one who is open, direct and first to admit to being smitten with Roxanne. While Roxanne is more reserved, dragging her Pullman car of baggage and fear from her last relationship forward.

Bram is the vice p...more
Kim (Wistfulskimmies Book Reviews)
This is the story of Roxanne who is the successful boss of a greetings-gram company. As a result of one of her staff breaking an ankle, she finds herself filling in and delivering a belly-gram to the Vice President of a prestigious bank. Due to a blizzard she finds herself stuck in the bank with only him for company all over New Years...........

This was a super little romance with just a wee bit of heat thrown in. I loved the slow burn of the relationship between Roxanne and Bram. The bickering...more
WiLoveBooks
Pure fun. First, Roxanne has to dress as a harem girl to deliver a message because her employee gets hurt. Then she and the recipient of the message get snowed in and it is just the two of them, lots of funny banter, steam, and the question: How long does it take to fall in love with someone? The two characters were great and this was just a fun, entertaining story.
The audio was very well done. The two narrators were entertaining to listen to and the music and sound effects were a nice touch.
Jennifer Gallagher
Of all of Elaine Raco Chase's books that I have read this is the funniest one yet. I could not put this book down just had to read until the end.. If I had met a banker like Bram I would have been praying for a snow storm... This book had me laughing all the way to the end... It Also had some great love scenes... A beautiful.. charming book that will convince you that there is such a thing as love at first sight.I highly recommend this book to everyone
Emma
Special Delivery is a fun & sexy read by Elaine Raco Chase.
It's the story of Roxanne (owner of a message delivery service!) & Bram (newly appointed bank VP) and what happens when a snow storm traps them together.
Sweet, witty, sexy and even, at times, laugh out loud.
This book may be set in the dead of winter but it will warm your heart as these two characters discover each other and the chemistry that has developed between them.
Annie ashbaugh
This book was so cute and amazing! The whole belly-gram idea was adorable, and I think it's hilarious how Roxanne tried to act highly independent, and she fell so hard for Bram. I loved how his "vacation" ended up, and I believe I could read this book over and over again!
Stacy Juba
This was an enjoyable read with likeable characters who had definite chemistry. I loved the cozy winter setting. Elaine Raco Chase is a fresh voice in contemporary romance and I'll be getting more of her books for some fun escape reading.
Maggie Lane
Loved, Loved, Loved this book..Great Characters lots of sexual tension and just all out fun...I recommend this quick read!
Mayas
This is a fun book, once I got finished with it. Bram was no card shark but he knew how to get Roxy to admit her love.
flower
flower added it
May 31, 2014
Autumn
Autumn added it
Mar 19, 2014
Dora Theo
Dora Theo marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2014
Batool
Batool marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2014
Caro
Caro marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2014
Karen ♐
Karen ♐ marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2013
Renee
Renee added it
Oct 08, 2013
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Audio Book now available! 2 4 Dec 30, 2012 11:08AM
Elaine Raco Chase is the award-winning author of seventeen paperback novels with over 3 million books in print. She is published in 25 countries and 15 languages.

As a romance writer, Chase has won two sales awards for top romance novels of the year, Romantic Times Lifetime Achievement Award for romantic suspense, and the Affaire de Coeur Silver Pen Award for writing excellence. Her non-fiction deb...more
More about Elaine Raco Chase...
Double Occupancy (Candlelight Ecstasy, #56) Best Laid Plans Calculated Risk Rules Of The Game (Five Star Romance) Partners in Crime