Start by marking “Daffodils in Spring” as Want to Read:

Daffodils in Spring

3.39  ·  Rating Details  ·  124 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
More Than Words

Bestselling authors & Real-life heroines

Each and every one of us has the ability to effect change--to make our world a better place. The key is to begin in our own backyards, look at needs within our communities and then decide to do something about them. The dedicated women selected as this year's recipients of Harlequin's More Than Words award have cha
Published April 1st 2011 by Harlequin Special Releases

To ask other readers questions about Daffodils in Spring, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daffodils in Spring

Hope Flynn
Oct 04, 2011 Hope Flynn rated it it was ok
Way too short. Ok Story. Another Nook Freebie. Not really excited about it. I actually just wanted to read it and check it off my list.
Drusilla
Apr 05, 2013 Drusilla rated it it was amazing
The story itself was not that well written but absolutely loved the subject matter. It is a fictional story to promote www.literatureforallofus.org. Literature for All of Us brings the rewards of reading and writing through book group discussions to teen parents and other young people in underserved neighborhoods. They create communities of readers, poets, and critical thinkers and develop family literacy by providing children’s literature and child development resources to teen parents.

Speaking
Jenny
Apr 17, 2014 Jenny rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
A short story about Calla, a single mother, who struggles with her son's wayward girlfriend. Fortunately the principal of the alternative school is also her neighbor (& quite attractive) and involves her the school's book club which reaches out to troubled teens. A predictable read, but a good diversion.
Jackie
This story is one after my own heart as it shows the power books have to help heal, to help build self esteem, to help like minded readers make friends and most importantly it proves that the written word can be a catalyst for Hope.
Sruthi
Mar 23, 2015 Sruthi rated it it was amazing
I love to read. But I didn't reading could make this much difference in people's lives. I appreciate Harlequin and Pamela Morsi for honoring the women for making such a difference in people's lives.
Shanu
Oct 08, 2015 Shanu rated it did not like it
Reading this compares to walking in the middle of a public meeting and feeling out of place. Public, but not for all.

Short and sweet (too sweet perhaps?) but insignificant.
Alexis Villery
Dec 06, 2012 Alexis Villery rated it really liked it
Daffodils in Spring almost made me change all my assumptions and skepticism about novellas. The theme of this short new read is new beginnings. New beginnings in romance and new beginnings in life. This story is a complete story in itself. It doesn't tackle too many issues and the conflict isn't superficial. It handles time well so it is easy to forget that it is quite short. The characters were believable and surprisingly well-developed. It's a little too PG for my tastes. I wanted a bit more s ...more
Priscilla
Dec 29, 2014 Priscilla rated it it was amazing
Very touching story!
 Gigi Ann
Apr 30, 2013 Gigi Ann rated it liked it
"Daffodils in Spring" is another Novella that was a freebie from 'Harlequin More Than Words'. The theme of this short story is new beginnings in romance, and new beginnings in life. The story is a complete story in itself. It doesn't deal with too many issues and the characters grow as the story unfolds . It moves right along, over about an 8 or 9 month period, making it is easy to forget that it is a short novella. It has light "G" rated romance.

I enjoyed this story and awarded it 3*** It is a
Sherry Mcmahan
May 30, 2016 Sherry Mcmahan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What we don't know can hurt all of us…

When we do the best we can, trust can be our reward. And even then trust is not necessarily easy.

This is a story that would touch my heart no matter who I was…

I always appreciate a story well told and that I learned something from on top of that!

I enjoy the stories told by Pamela Morsi and yet this is probably my very favorite!
Michele
Jan 20, 2014 Michele rated it really liked it
Great story... Just too short
Beth
Oct 13, 2011 Beth rated it really liked it
Harlequin More Than Words... a novella inspired by a real life woman.

Just goes to show you that reading is always important.
I feel that this story could've been written into a full length novel. So much was just cut short.
Ended a tad quickly for my tastes.

Overall still a good read.
Samhy
Dec 30, 2013 Samhy rated it liked it
Shelves: english, ebook
Cute story, great subject but nothing more.
Tammy
Feb 11, 2012 Tammy rated it really liked it
This was a great short story, I wish that it would have been longer and we would have gotten to know the characters alot better. I loved the whole story in general.
Donnajo
Mar 01, 2013 Donnajo rated it liked it
Cute short story. again took awhile to get into then it was over. showed compassion, uplifting without judgemen
Stacie
Nov 19, 2011 Stacie rated it liked it
Good story. Short, more detail would have made it better. For a free book it was worth reading for an hour.
Tina
Sep 30, 2011 Tina rated it it was amazing
Perfect short story of inspiration and a little romance. Very happy to read this story.
Lea
May 09, 2013 Lea rated it liked it
Shelves: chicklit-romance
Short but sweet story shedding light on the Literacy For All of Us program.
Nancy
May 31, 2011 Nancy rated it liked it
Cute short story. Kept me interested, enjoyed the chharacters..
Dee Gray
Dee Gray marked it as to-read
May 24, 2016
Madai Chardon
Madai Chardon rated it really liked it
May 19, 2016
Nur Amal Beck
Nur Amal Beck marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
Madeline
Madeline marked it as to-read
May 08, 2016
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Georgann
Georgann rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2016
Amy Wade
Amy Wade rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2016
Kari Merlington-goodrich
Kari Merlington-goodrich marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2016
Autumn♥♥☽
Autumn♥♥☽ marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2016
Sherry Mcmahan
Sherry Mcmahan rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Grace (Virtue, #1)
  • Man Law (Private Protectors, #2)
  • Landing in Love (Born to Fly, #1)
  • Public Affair, Secretly Expecting (Harlequin Presents #2906)
  • Love a la Carte (prequel to "the orchard")
  • Heart of the Witch
  • The Value of Life
  • Colorado Abduction (Christmas at the Carlisles, #1)
  • Rampant
  • Heart Of A Cowboy
  • Like None Other
  • Last Night's Kiss (Clayton Family, #5)
  • Temptation (Texas Cattleman's Club: The Showdown #5)
  • By Design
  • Suddenly a Spy
  • SEALed with a Kiss (SEALed, #1)
  • Truth and Consequences (Hearts of the South, #1)
  • Mia and the Powerful Greek (The Balfour Brides, #1)
Pamela Morsi is a USA Today, Waldenbooks, and Barnes & Noble bestselling author of romance. She broke into publishing in 1991 with Heaven Sent and has been gracing readers with at least a book a year ever since. Two of her novels, Courting Miss Hattie (1992) and Something Shady (1996), won the Romance Writers of America's RITA Award, the highest honor in romance publishing, and others have bee ...more
More about Pamela Morsi...