Start by marking “Star (Wildflowers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Star (Wildflowers, #2)

Star (Wildflowers #2)

3.73  ·  Rating Details ·  2,688 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
In the second volume in the Wildflowers quartet, Star hides her nightmarish secrets from the other girls in her therapy group, until she gradually reveals her story to Dr. Marlowe and the others, allowing her to finally confront the horrors of her past.
Published August 1st 2000 by Pocket (first published December 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star

Kimberly
Jan 03, 2013 Kimberly rated it it was ok
VC Andrews has always been a favorite of mine since my childhood days. I have read (and re-read) all of her books, and although I am much older now and find that some of her work is better than others, I still enjoy the twists and turns, strangeness and mystery that continues to captivate my interest.
With that being said - it might also explain why I find the ghostwriter's quality of work lacking and less memorable than Andrews true writing, especially with the newer, more modern series.

If your
Jessica Dillon
This is the second story from the Wildflowers series (or the Orphans with Parents as the ladies call themselves). This book revolved around Star and her upbringing and young life. Her father was a deadbeat who walked out on her younger brother and her and her Mother was an alcholic, who was more interested in her job at a bar, her new boyfriend and drinking to look after her teenage daughter and toddler son. Poor Stars life was very messy and her Granny was a lovely character to read about. Poor ...more
Misty
Feb 09, 2017 Misty rated it it was amazing
Star's story was different from Misty's, but just as important. I'm looking forward to reading Jade and Cathy's story. Divorce is never easy for anyone, but the effort it has on a child can be ever lasting.
Sonja
Dec 03, 2012 Sonja rated it liked it
Star is de dochter van gescheiden ouders. Haar moeder is alcoholiste en verwaarloost haar twee kinderen. Haar vader kan de zorgen om het gezin niet meer aan en verdwijnt zonder een spoor achter te laten. Star wordt geregeld door haar moeder mishandeld en draagt de zorg voor haar jongere broertje. Hierdoor verwaarloost ze haar school en spijbelt regelmatig. Als haar moeder tenslotte met een nieuwe vriend vertrekt, komen Star en haar broertje bij hun oma terecht.

Op school leert ze een jongen kenn
Kris - My Novelesque Life
When I read these novels back in the day I would have given them 3-3.5 STARS and now would say about one Star

I started reading VC Andrews books in the 1991 and stopped about 2003.

I have read:
-Hudson Series
-Shooting Stars Series
-DeBeers Series
-Broken Wings Series

As a preteen reading these novels was a rebellion and the gothic theme also seemed cool. I stopped reading this author because
Keshia
Jan 29, 2013 Keshia rated it liked it
Second in the series of Wildflowers and I mostly have the same thoughts as the first. It was simply written and what special something it did have was repeated until it was worn out. Not a great book but a good one.

I will say that I liked Star's story much more than Misty's, simply because her pain seemed so much more amplified than Misty's. And because I've seen stories like Star's all over the place. It really hits home when you can look at a sotry of pain and know something like that happens
Sue Lauzon
Jun 25, 2016 Sue Lauzon rated it liked it
Second book in the Wildflowers miniseries. This one centers on the main character named Star. The premise of the first four books is that each girl has been in therapy to deal with problems arising from their parents divorces. Up to this point their doctor has had one on one therapy but decides it would be a good idea to have four group sessions so the girls each have time to tell their own individual stories to the others. These books are a quick read (as they are fairly short - read this one i ...more
Mal
Dec 13, 2011 Mal rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
This book made me shiver. It was terriably sad and how her mother oes about her children is just wrong, down right WRONG! It made me think about my parents, reading two books in a row. My stomach churned around at the thought of my own parents splitting, and this book just made me realize how quick anyting of the sort could happen. Of course, Misty's nd/or Star's parents dont remind me anything of mine, thank the lord, but again... powerful, is what I can say.
Angie (Mind Malfunction)
Star is book two in the Wildflowers series by VC Andrews. This series is about group therapy for four teenage girls, who call themselves OWP's Orphans with Parents. Each book focuses on the tragic story of their lives. The second book is about Star's life with her alcoholic mother, deadbeat father. This book is much more tragic than book one and I found myself crying through the majority of the book.
Joshua
Jul 14, 2015 Joshua rated it it was ok
Shelves: v-c-andrews
I liked this a lot more than the previous book "Misty", it was a lot better in both plot and character developement.
I found Star to be very likeable, and I would have given this an extra star, except for the fact that Star's character is built on racist stereoypes.
I appreciate having a black female protagonist, but when her experiences are based on stereotypes and harmful potrayals, it really bothers me.
Ashley
This was my first encounter with V.C. Andrews work, not "Flowers in the Attic". I later found out that this wasn't even actually V.C but rather a ghost writer. I have seen read another of these "4 small books, one group book" series and to be honest, I can't tell you which is which. I recall simply zipping through all four small books in a night and then the larger one the next but nothing sticks out after 10 years. I liked them enough to keep reading but that was about the extent of it.
Billie
Jul 27, 2011 Billie marked it as stopped-reading
Shelves: 2011, library-book
Didn't like, seemed very preteen like to me, I only read a few pages but decided not to finish because of what i thought of the first in the Wildflowers series (Misty) and as I started reading this one I figured all four would be all about the same but just a little different. Not gonna waste my time on this one, moving on...
Sara
Feb 06, 2011 Sara rated it liked it
Honestly , I really don't remember the plot line because it was so long ago. However, I do know I wasn't
over enthused or really disgusted by it. V.C. Andrews books have a common theme to them , which is a girl that suffers through a tragedy and ends up being abused by a relative or guardian. It did keep
me entertained when I was in my teens.
M Strawberry Reviews
Oct 27, 2012 M Strawberry Reviews rated it it was ok
Shelves: andrew-neiderman
Star's not really better or worse than her predecessor, Misty. Her story isn't VCA caliber, but it's not a bad book for teens to read. It seems that Neiderman was relying on stereotypes for this book, but by itself it isn't a horrible read, just a lite teen book. Compared to the other books in this series, it's so-so.
Irene
Feb 14, 2016 Irene rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
Star was a great book. I liked it so much because some things that happend to her could also happen in real life to more people then you might hink. I mean you have Misty which actually could also be a real sotry, but Jade and Cat where less. With Jade that she walks away and get tied up was a bit wierd and then you have the weird family of Cat.
COnclusion I like books with real life problemns
Leslie Edwards
Jan 28, 2015 Leslie Edwards rated it it was ok
I remember sneaking these books from my moms book collection when I was 11 or 12. The storyline to all the ones that I have read were pretty terrible but I couldn't stop my 12 year old self from reading them! I can't say I do not like these books because I use to love them! I think I may read one at 26 and see how I feel about them.
Kaitlyn Rose
Jan 29, 2015 Kaitlyn Rose rated it it was amazing
I read this book on one day. I loved it. Stars story is so tragic, but it made me keep wanting to read to see what happened to her. by far the best Wildflower book. I can not wait to hear the other stories of the girls
Nico
Dec 04, 2014 Nico rated it it was amazing
one of the best, most loved series/authors of all time. V.C. Andrews books are something so easily recognizable and new books continue to evolve to go with the times and bring in a whole new generation of loving readers
Zara Shepherd
V.C. Andrews' books are always good to make you feel better about your life because they can't be as bad as what her characters go through. This is the same with Star.
White Witch
Nov 23, 2012 White Witch rated it really liked it
I feel sad for what she had to go through, but it seems like she'd be able to move on with her life.
Amanda Morgan
Dec 31, 2012 Amanda Morgan rated it it was ok
I read this as a teen and at that time, the characters felt so real, so relatable.
Melissa
Feb 20, 2012 Melissa rated it did not like it
This is the second book in Andrews' disappointing Wildflowers series. If you enjoy Andrews' books, I would recommend skipping this series.
Nikki Marie
Nov 28, 2014 Nikki Marie rated it it was amazing
v.c. andrews books are all absolutely amazing and very easily distinguishable from any other authors. i love the darkeness, secrets, lies, very addicting, i have almost every single book!
Marie Pallan
Mar 14, 2014 Marie Pallan rated it really liked it
good makes you reflect on your own troubles and realize there is a way to handle it
Asia Davis
this is the story of Star, a teenage girl who suffers from the irresponsible and abusive actions of her parents. The pain she has endured haunts her and even re
Nicole Mathias
Oct 01, 2014 Nicole Mathias rated it it was amazing
Adriana
Its amazing wha all these parents do to their children!! Stars family was no exception.
Patricia Atkinson
Jan 05, 2014 Patricia Atkinson rated it it was amazing
star tells her story of how her father left and what happened to her mom.than she and her brother went to live with her grandmother.the things that happened for her to end up in the group...
Jenn
Jun 04, 2008 Jenn rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-owned
I don't have much to say about V.C. Andrews's books. I just love them all.
Sasha
Sasha rated it it was amazing
Nov 09, 2012
  • Comfort from a Country Quilt: Finding New Inspiration and Strength in Old-Fashioned Values
  • V.C. Andrews: Her Life and Books
  • Galgenmeid
  • Karen's Pizza Party (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #42)
  • Dead Wrong (T*Witches, #4)
  • Homecoming at Hickory Ridge (Hickory Ridge, #5)
  • The Candy Corn Contest
  • Meester Pluim en het praatpoeder
  • The Treasure of Skeleton Reef (Wishbone Mysteries, #1)
  • The Snowman (Point Horror, #21)
  • Back (Black, #2)
  • Blood Roots
  • Let's Party (Two of a Kind, #8)
  • Walt Disney: Young Movie Maker
  • The Case of the Logical I Ranch (The New Adventures of Mary-Kate & Ashley, #23)
  • Hamster Hotel (Animal Ark Pets, #4)
  • Dream Holiday (Sweet 16, #12)
  • Sable
Books published under the following names - Virginia Andrews, V. Andrews, Virginia C. Andrews & V.C. Endrius. Books since her death ghost written by Andrew Neiderman, but still attributed to the V.C. Andrews name

Virginia Cleo Andrews (born Cleo Virginia Andrews) was born June 6, 1923 in Portsmouth, Virginia. The youngest child and the only daughter of William Henry Andrews, a career navy man
More about V.C. Andrews...

Wildflowers (5 books)
  • Misty (Wildflowers, #1)
  • Jade (Wildflowers, #3)
  • Cat (Wildflowers, #4)
  • Into the Garden (Wildflowers, #5)