Start by marking “Crisis Hospital: Dark Tales from the Ward, the World, and the Bedside” as Want to Read:
Crisis Hospital: Dark Tales from the Ward, the World, and the Bedside

Crisis Hospital: Dark Tales from the Ward, the World, and the Bedside

The Fence
A dying woman and her grieving husband struggle with an arrogant, nuisance of a neighbor. All her husband wants to do is to let her pass in peace. In this macabre tale of death and dismemberment, good fences really do make good neighbors.

Bitter
An abduction. A possible murder. The perpetrator burned beyond recognition lands in the care of a physician who fights to
Published April 7th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Crisis Hospital, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crisis Hospital

Ashton
Jan 12, 2012 Ashton rated it it was amazing
Delightfully creepy! After reading Belinda's novel 'Dead Spell' (an except is included at the end of this novel - and I can't say enough about how much I loved it!), I was excited to see something else from this very talented lady! The stories range from the suspenseful, to the twisted, to the down right macabre. Some of which, really did send chills down my spine. I particularly liked The Fence and was completely unnerved by the first story The Look-alike. Again, Belinda delivers in this powerf ...more
Cindy
Feb 22, 2012 Cindy rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
I really enjoyed reading these stories. It was perfect, not too scary for me but just enough to give you a lot of think about! Will definitely look up more from this author. Lots of surprising twists to make the stories interesting!
Lorrie Schumacher
Aug 13, 2012 Lorrie Schumacher rated it really liked it
Great little collection of short horror stories!
Jaime Horio
May 14, 2011 Jaime Horio rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror, short-stories
This is an excellent collection of short stories. The stories range from the creepy (The Airman) to the disturbing (The Fence) to the just plain twisted (The Look-Alike). The stories flow quickly, and I could not put it down until I had finished everything in one sitting.
One of my favorite aspects was how the stories kept me thinking. Her characters are put into terrible situations, and I often wondered what I would do in their situation.
If you're a fan of horror, you'll enjoy these stories. Als
James Everington
May 28, 2011 James Everington rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good collection, if uneven. What the author is best at is plot - even the weakest stories had enough twists to keep me reading. The prose style is simple but occasionally clunky, and sometimes the characterisation was a bit 'broad brush'. The best stories were The Airman (genuinely creepy) and The Fence, which had an emotional undertow (the central character is caring for his dying wife) that was moving, and showed a different side to the author's writing...
Angelle
Sep 14, 2013 Angelle rated it really liked it
This is a collection of 5 unique short stories. Each story is interesting, well written, and suspenseful. I enjoyed how Ms. Frisch was able to introduce you to each character and pull you into the story in just a few pages.. Looking forward to reading many more books by Ms. Frisch.
Tulsa
Jul 11, 2011 Tulsa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book-fiction
creepy!!!!
Amanda
Mar 25, 2012 Amanda rated it liked it
Great collection of freaky, horrific, and twisted stories. I get a great kick out of authors that can tell an amazing story in so few words. That is an art form.
Kimberly
Feb 26, 2012 Kimberly rated it it was ok
2 1/2 stars. Very quick, very light reading. Not bad, but not great either.
Kathy Clark
Kathy Clark rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2015
Not Now...Mommy's Reading
Not Now...Mommy's Reading rated it did not like it
Dec 07, 2011
Sarah King
Sarah King rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2012
Wothbora
Wothbora rated it liked it
May 17, 2016
Catherine
Catherine rated it liked it
Jul 23, 2013
Shelly
Shelly rated it it was amazing
Oct 13, 2011
Julie adams
Julie adams rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2014
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2013
Jonny Berg
Jonny Berg rated it did not like it
May 30, 2014
Louise BDGG
Louise BDGG rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2014
Steven Shroyer
Steven Shroyer rated it really liked it
Feb 21, 2013
Anahid H. Isberian
Anahid H. Isberian rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2016
thomasmoore
thomasmoore rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2015
Randy L Jones
Randy L Jones rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2014
Elizabeth Warrick
Elizabeth Warrick rated it liked it
Sep 27, 2013
sharon cooper
sharon cooper rated it it was amazing
Feb 09, 2014
Debbie
Debbie rated it it was ok
Jun 03, 2014
Nicole
Nicole rated it liked it
Oct 29, 2015
Adam Ickes
Adam Ickes rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2015
Barbara Thomas
Barbara Thomas rated it did not like it
Jan 18, 2016
Stephen Si
Stephen Si rated it did not like it
Aug 19, 2012