Start by marking “Crisis Hospital: Dark Tales from the Ward, the World, and the Bedside” as Want to Read:
Crisis Hospital: Dark Tales from the Ward, the World, and the Bedside

Crisis Hospital: Dark Tales from the Ward, the World, and the Bedside

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  52 ratings  ·  9 reviews
The Fence
A dying woman and her grieving husband struggle with an arrogant, nuisance of a neighbor. All her husband wants to do is to let her pass in peace. In this macabre tale of death and dismemberment, good fences really do make good neighbors.

Bitter
An abduction. A possible murder. The perpetrator burned beyond recognition lands in the care of a physician who fights to
Published April 7th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Crisis Hospital, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crisis Hospital

Ashton
Delightfully creepy! After reading Belinda's novel 'Dead Spell' (an except is included at the end of this novel - and I can't say enough about how much I loved it!), I was excited to see something else from this very talented lady! The stories range from the suspenseful, to the twisted, to the down right macabre. Some of which, really did send chills down my spine. I particularly liked The Fence and was completely unnerved by the first story The Look-alike. Again, Belinda delivers in this powerf ...more
Cindy
Feb 22, 2012 Cindy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
I really enjoyed reading these stories. It was perfect, not too scary for me but just enough to give you a lot of think about! Will definitely look up more from this author. Lots of surprising twists to make the stories interesting!
Lorrie Schumacher
Great little collection of short horror stories!
Jaime Horio
This is an excellent collection of short stories. The stories range from the creepy (The Airman) to the disturbing (The Fence) to the just plain twisted (The Look-Alike). The stories flow quickly, and I could not put it down until I had finished everything in one sitting.
One of my favorite aspects was how the stories kept me thinking. Her characters are put into terrible situations, and I often wondered what I would do in their situation.
If you're a fan of horror, you'll enjoy these stories. Als
James Everington
This was a good collection, if uneven. What the author is best at is plot - even the weakest stories had enough twists to keep me reading. The prose style is simple but occasionally clunky, and sometimes the characterisation was a bit 'broad brush'. The best stories were The Airman (genuinely creepy) and The Fence, which had an emotional undertow (the central character is caring for his dying wife) that was moving, and showed a different side to the author's writing...
Angelle
This is a collection of 5 unique short stories. Each story is interesting, well written, and suspenseful. I enjoyed how Ms. Frisch was able to introduce you to each character and pull you into the story in just a few pages.. Looking forward to reading many more books by Ms. Frisch.
Amanda
Great collection of freaky, horrific, and twisted stories. I get a great kick out of authors that can tell an amazing story in so few words. That is an art form.
Kimberly
2 1/2 stars. Very quick, very light reading. Not bad, but not great either.
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Larren
Larren marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
sherry
sherry marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
May 28, 2015
Emily Potisk
Emily Potisk marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Brooke
Brooke marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2015
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Christina  Torretta
Christina Torretta marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Vix
Vix marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Dan Anderson
Dan Anderson marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Michelle McCoy
Michelle McCoy marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Jayne Capps
Jayne Capps marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Paul Motsuk
Paul Motsuk marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
*Runner-up Halloween Book Festival 2012 and optioned for film, Cure
*Honorable Mention New York Book Festival 2014, Better Left Buried
*Acquired for summer 2015 re-release by Thomas & Mercer, Fatal Reaction

After the author's fifteen years of working in health care, Belinda Frisch's stories can't help being medicine influenced. A writer of dark tales in the horror, mystery, and thriller genres, B
More about Belinda Frisch...
Cure (Strandville Zombie Series, #1) Dead Spell Afterbirth (Strandville Zombie Series, #2) Fatal Reaction Better Left Buried