Start by marking “Arthur and the Lost Diary” as Want to Read:
Arthur and the Lost Diary

Arthur and the Lost Diary (Arthur Chapter Books #9)

Arthur and the Lost Diary — Sue Ellen confides everything to her trusty diary. But when she loses it in the library, the hunt is on. The problem is, will someone else find it?
Audio, Unabridged edition
Published October 9th 2007 by Listening Library (Audio) (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Arthur and the Lost Diary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Arthur and the Lost Diary

Sara C
Summary: This book is about Sue Ellen and her diary. While Sue Ellen was in the library, she lost her library and was fearful that somebody took it. All of her friends find out that the diary is gone and wonder what is so private about it. They instantly think it is because Sue Ellen wrote about them so they daydream of all the stories they believe are wrote about them. When the diary is found by Sue Ellen's friends, they have to fight the temptation to read it or not and Sue Ellen figures out w ...more
Karsyn Konecny
Feb 19, 2017 Karsyn Konecny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: el-230
This book is about what Arthur and his friends imagine what Sue Ellen has written about them in her diary after she loses it the library. Arthur eventually finds the diary and returns it to Sue Ellen. This is a good book for readers who are ready to read shorter chapter books on their own such as second or third grade. I liked this book because it shows the readers a sense of good character and responsibility. I would use this in my classroom if children were wanting to get into a series by them ...more
Jasmine
I thought this book was great for an Arthur book. The book is a typical Arthur book but I think the message that boys can have diaries too is a good message. The typical Arthur book stylistically appeals to me, but adding the other level of Arthur having a diary I thought was a good lesson for students. That all genders should be allowed to have the freedom to write and express their personal thoughts and feelings.
Dolly
Jul 18, 2016 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
Listened to Mark Linn-Baker narrate this story as part of a 4-story Anniversary collection audio CD.

Arthur and his pals are as entertaining as ever and it kept the six-year-old traveling with us engaged for the entire trip. We enjoyed listening to this CD together.
Monica
Aug 11, 2011 Monica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just needed to read an easy book today. Cute story about a girl that looses her diary while at the library and she is afraid that someone will read it and all her secrets will be revealed.

When Arthur and her friends discover the diary is missing they all daydream about what she has written about them. They were interesting stories and you can see how when we are young we have wild imaginations. Some adults can still do that and I think I am one of them.
Maryllette havana
well sue ellens friends are thinking only about themselves because they wanted to read the book and sue ellen said that they are in it ... everyone. so sue ellen doesnt know about the diary and they found it not telling sue ellen. i learned that dont think of yuorselves but think of others fellings too... dont
be selfish
Brittney
Sue Ellen loses her diary, but Arthur finds it. Arthur returns it to Sue Ellen, but she often wonders if Arthur read it. This would be a great story to read to a class dealing with issues on trust and friendship.
Rose Goodwin
When my children were little, they really liked watching Arthur on television. I think that this book is a great tool to use to teach about doing the right thing. Arthur has to decide what to do when he finds the lost diary.
Grace
Jul 03, 2009 Grace rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was kinda cool. I learned that if you find something, you HAVE to give it back to the person it belongs to. And then there was also things like you had to keep away your diary from people.
Ashwini Baranwal
Sep 06, 2016 Ashwini Baranwal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tiny
My daughter read it and says she liked it and it was because she got curious to know if Arthur can't resist the urge to take a little peek into Sue Ellen's private diary.
Hollee Young
Jan 31, 2015 Hollee Young rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: transition-books
Good book to explain honesty. Good book to set up a writing prompt for students.
Leigha
Feb 16, 2008 Leigha rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not my favorite Arthur book
Kimberly Adams
Kimberly Adams rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2016
Heather Brown
Heather Brown rated it liked it
Apr 09, 2009
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2010
Western Allegheny
Western Allegheny rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2011
Bella
Bella rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2017
Liz
Liz rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2010
Jose Enrique
Jose Enrique rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2013
Lauren Iuppa
Lauren Iuppa rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2014
Benjamin Elliott
Benjamin Elliott rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2016
Andd Becker
Andd Becker rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2013
Eric
Eric rated it really liked it
Nov 25, 2012
Lori
Lori rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2012
Nanhee Ryu
Nanhee Ryu rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2013
Juliana Rogers
Juliana Rogers rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2014
Sarah Joseph
Sarah Joseph rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2017
Cecilia
Cecilia rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2011
Kiahn Taylor-jean
Kiahn Taylor-jean rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2015
Teresa
Teresa rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Case of the Christmas Snowman (Jigsaw Jones Mystery, No. 2)
  • Never Swipe a Bully's Bear (Roscoe Riley Rules, #2)
  • Save the Earth! (Ready, Freddy!, #25)
  • The Bunny Years: The Surprising Inside Story of the Playboy Clubs: The Women Who Worked as Bunnies and Where They Are Now
  • Canto for a Gypsy
  • Reach for the Stars (Fame School, #1)
  • How to Train Your Dragon: The First Collection (How to Train Your Dragon, #1-3)
  • Follow the Dream: The Story of Christopher Columbus
  • Cam Jansen and the Tennis Trophy Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #23)
  • The Boy Who Ate Fear Street (Ghosts of Fear Street, #11)
  • Return Of Santa Paws (Santa Paws, #2)
  • Almost Starring Skinnybones
  • Amelia Bedelia and the Baby
  • Genies Don't Ride Bicycles (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #8)
  • Run for the Hills, Geronimo!
  • Dear Austin: Letters from the Underground Railroad
Marc Tolon Brown is perhaps best known for his Arthur series of children's books.

He lives on Martha's Vineyard and in New York City with his wife, Laurie Krasny Brown. He has three children, sons Tolon and Tucker, and daughter Eliza. The names of his two sons have been hidden in all of the Arthur books except for one: Arthur's Tooth.
More about Marc Brown...

Arthur Chapter Books (1 - 10 of 32 books)
  • Arthur's Mystery Envelope (Arthur Chapter Book, #1)
  • Arthur and the Scare-Your-Pants-Off-Club (Arthur Chapter Book, #2)
  • Arthur Makes the Team (Arthur Chapter Book, #3)
  • Arthur and the Crunch Cereal Contest (Arthur Chapter Book, #4)
  • Arthur Accused (Arthur Chapter Book, #5)
  • Locked in the Library! (Arthur Chapter Book, #6)
  • Buster's Dino Dilemma (Arthur Chapter Book, #7)
  • The Mystery of the Stolen Bike (Arthur Chapter Book, #8)
  • Who's in Love with Arthur? (Arthur Chapter Book, #10)
  • Arthur Rocks with Binky (Arthur Chapter Book, #11)