Start by marking “I Saw Heaven: A Remarkable Visit to the Spirit World” as Want to Read:
I Saw Heaven: A Remarkable Visit to the Spirit World

I Saw Heaven: A Remarkable Visit to the Spirit World

On September 19, 1972, when Larry Tooley's scaffold fell and he plunged to the concrete floor below, one of the most remarkable near-death experiences ever recorded began. I Saw Heaven! is the complete account of his accident and his extensive tour beyond the veil. As Larry's spirit left his body and journeyed upward, he passed through a foreboding fog and witnessed agoniz ...more
Published March 1st 1997 by Horizon Publishers & Distributors

To ask other readers questions about I Saw Heaven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Saw Heaven

Tim Malone
Jul 30, 2013 Tim Malone rated it liked it
This is one of those Duane Crowther specials. His editing is evident in the presentation of the story and the checklist at the end. I’m not knocking what we got. In fact, I would say this is Crowther at his finest. But because of the editing, I’m not sure that we got Larry’s story as he remembered it but as Duane discovered it. I know it’s a small distinction, but an important one, at least for me. In any event, the story is well told, especially because we have multiple viewpoints – Larry and h ...more
Monica
Jan 23, 2009 Monica rated it really liked it
It's hard for me to read books like this and not be at least a little skeptical. But I tried to be open minded about it and actually found it very interesting. Whether this account, or accounts like it, are completely factual, partially factual, or even completely fabricated (which I personally don't believe this one is), it definitely provokes thought and forces you to think about what life might be like when we leave this one.
Kim
Sep 27, 2009 Kim rated it really liked it
Shelves: inspirational
A wonderful story about real events. A man who had a near death experience and gets the chance to come back to set things right, or to continue living and growing. It makes me wonder how many people out there have had these experiences, and how many have seen beyond the veil. I believe that the way one lives here on earth can bring them closer to God, and the viel is thinner....that they are revealed more.
Sarah Stevens
May 17, 2010 Sarah Stevens rated it liked it
I got this book for my dad, who is very interested in life after death accounts. He liked it quite a bit and recommended that I read it as well. While not particularly well-written from a literary sense, it is definitely thought-provoking and inspiring from a spiritual and intellectual standpoint. It was a quick, enjoyable read.
Kathryn
Mar 28, 2008 Kathryn rated it liked it
Interesting near death experience book. I believe there are many near death experiences in the Book of Mormon - where people were laid to the ground for 3 days who saw God and were taught by God - and then returned to their bodies on earth and finished their life.
Marissa
Feb 12, 2008 Marissa rated it it was amazing
I read this book in one day and I really liked it. It was about a man who died but he was not meant to die so he went the the spirit world and got a second chance and came back to Earth.
Quinton Baran
Aug 20, 2013 Quinton Baran rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this personable account of a horrible accident and the experiences that happened afterwards. I found it to be faith promoting and entertaining.
Denise
Feb 11, 2011 Denise rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book. One of the better narratives on a near-death experience.
Wayne
Mar 14, 2010 Wayne rated it it was ok
Not sure that I agreed with all of it.
Sheryl Jones
Sheryl Jones marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2016
Ramona
Ramona added it
Jan 25, 2016
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2015
Yolanda Morris
Yolanda Morris rated it liked it
Aug 02, 2015
Lindenfielda1gmail.Com
Lindenfielda1gmail.Com marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
Micah Fagre
Micah Fagre marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Ellen Jeskey
Ellen Jeskey marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Gorli Sreenivasa
Gorli Sreenivasa marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Brenda Julian
Brenda Julian rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2015
Sam Phillips
Sam Phillips rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2015
Hilary Hartwell
Hilary Hartwell marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Misty
Misty rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2014
Peter
Peter marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Susan Del
Susan Del marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014