I Saw Heaven: A Remarkable Visit to the Spirit World

I Saw Heaven: A Remarkable Visit to the Spirit World

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  66 ratings  ·  9 reviews
On September 19, 1972, when Larry Tooley's scaffold fell and he plunged to the concrete floor below, one of the most remarkable near-death experiences ever recorded began. I Saw Heaven! is the complete account of his accident and his extensive tour beyond the veil. As Larry's spirit left his body and journeyed upward, he passed through a foreboding fog and witnessed agoniz...more
Published March 1st 1997 by Horizon Publishers & Distributors

To ask other readers questions about I Saw Heaven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Saw Heaven

Tim Malone
This is one of those Duane Crowther specials. His editing is evident in the presentation of the story and the checklist at the end. I’m not knocking what we got. In fact, I would say this is Crowther at his finest. But because of the editing, I’m not sure that we got Larry’s story as he remembered it but as Duane discovered it. I know it’s a small distinction, but an important one, at least for me. In any event, the story is well told, especially because we have multiple viewpoints – Larry and h...more
Monica
It's hard for me to read books like this and not be at least a little skeptical. But I tried to be open minded about it and actually found it very interesting. Whether this account, or accounts like it, are completely factual, partially factual, or even completely fabricated (which I personally don't believe this one is), it definitely provokes thought and forces you to think about what life might be like when we leave this one.
Kim
A wonderful story about real events. A man who had a near death experience and gets the chance to come back to set things right, or to continue living and growing. It makes me wonder how many people out there have had these experiences, and how many have seen beyond the veil. I believe that the way one lives here on earth can bring them closer to God, and the viel is thinner....that they are revealed more.
Sarah Stevens
I got this book for my dad, who is very interested in life after death accounts. He liked it quite a bit and recommended that I read it as well. While not particularly well-written from a literary sense, it is definitely thought-provoking and inspiring from a spiritual and intellectual standpoint. It was a quick, enjoyable read.
Kathryn
Interesting near death experience book. I believe there are many near death experiences in the Book of Mormon - where people were laid to the ground for 3 days who saw God and were taught by God - and then returned to their bodies on earth and finished their life.
Marissa
I read this book in one day and I really liked it. It was about a man who died but he was not meant to die so he went the the spirit world and got a second chance and came back to Earth.
Quinton Baran
I really enjoyed this personable account of a horrible accident and the experiences that happened afterwards. I found it to be faith promoting and entertaining.
Denise
I enjoyed this book. One of the better narratives on a near-death experience.
Wayne
Not sure that I agreed with all of it.
Susan Del
Susan Del marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
J
J marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Elissa A.
Elissa A. marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Alice Ambrose
Alice Ambrose marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
maria e garcia
maria e garcia marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2014
Cathy
Cathy added it
Jan 30, 2014
Lynjay Kone
Lynjay Kone marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2014
Chris Castelluccio
Chris Castelluccio marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2014
Valerie Doherty
Valerie Doherty marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Teddy
Teddy marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2013