Start by marking “The Burning Season (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #18)” as Want to Read:
The Burning Season (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #18)

The Burning Season (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation #18)

It’s a hot, early autumn evening in the small resort town of Mount Charleston, NV, where six firefighters are battling a massive blaze that threatens expensive homes . . . a blaze that will cost them their lives. Initially, the police determine that the fire was human-started, and the state wants to prosecute to the fullest extent of the law with six counts of homicide. No ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 336 pages
Published June 28th 2011 by Pocket Star

To ask other readers questions about The Burning Season, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Burning Season

Laura Martinelli
I hate to sound like I’m flogging a dead horse each time that I review one of the CSI tie-ins that I have in the pile (and there’s still at least one of these left. Well, for this show, anyway), but these are pretty much my literary palate cleansers. Easy reads, don’t require too much thinking on my part, and I’ve never had the sense of “Oh dear God, I gotta slog through this because of my own personal reasons” while reading them. (Kinda like why CSI rerun marathons were the preferred background ...more
William Bentrim
May 31, 2011 William Bentrim rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-for-swap
CSI Crime Scene Investigation, The Burning Season By Jeff Marriotte\

This book reads like a script for the TV show CSI. If you like the TV show you will love the book. You find characters you already know immersed in fast paced action.

I happen to like the TV show CSI so I was predisposed to like the book. I was not disappointed. I think that someone who isn't familiar with the show might have a little difficulty because there is not a lot of background data on the characters.

There are multiple s
Dan Beaver
Mar 17, 2012 Dan Beaver rated it really liked it
Shelves: friends, mystery
I've lost touch with the CSI TV series in recent years, so the tie-ins by Jeff are pretty much my only connection. I find these to be much more enjoyable than the show itself, but it you love the show, you will love the books as well. It's also a great way to get some younger readers introduced to reading since they are already familiar with the characters.
Chrissy
Mar 07, 2014 Chrissy rated it it was ok
While it stands to reason that a book that is written before a movie is usually better, sadly I don't think the same can be said for a book based on a TV Show....

Honestly, I felt like I was reading a book that was written for teenagers. I remember reading books with more substance than this when I was 12 (I always did read at a high level).
Margaret
Jan 26, 2015 Margaret rated it really liked it
Nice, snappy little CSI tie-in novel. Unlike many tie-ins this one slotted quite well into the established canon, even harking back to an extremely early case. Anyone else remember the scuba diver up a tree?

Well written, fast paced and enjoyable.

Recommended.
Wenny
Aug 03, 2011 Wenny rated it it was amazing
I love love love this one so much!! So good!! The cases are interesting. The way the author connected the book with the tv show is brilliant. And, the twist at the end, I completely did not see that coming!!
David
Oct 12, 2011 David rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, csi
A decent book, but it tries too hard to toe the middle line politically and goes way overboard in the "CSI Speak," with long explanations of why CSIs have to be as careful and meticulous as they are. That got tedious after a while.
Annemieke
Feb 04, 2013 Annemieke rated it it was ok
I liked this book for the characters from the show and their relationships. A peak in their head. found the plot somewhat dissapointing. it did not interest me very much.
Robin
Jul 01, 2011 Robin rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2011
Utter utter brain garbage. Don`t know why I`m reading these since I don`t even watch the T.V. show anymore but like my need to read Star Trek novels they seem to serve a purpose. Mindless junk food. ...more
Stephanie A.
May 18, 2012 Stephanie A. rated it it was ok
Slightly better than Brass In Pocket, especially with all the talk of Grissom and Sara peppered in, but still took me days to finish.
Madeline
Oct 25, 2013 Madeline rated it it was amazing
I really like this book and it seemed very real. This is a book for mature kids because the book is very bloody and gory. That's what makes it a good book.
Rachel Donegan
Apr 28, 2013 Rachel Donegan rated it liked it
Was very much like a csi episode on crack! Kept my head spinning jumping around but twisting together. Overall a decent book.
Mita
Mita rated it liked it
Apr 08, 2011
Frankie Fong
Frankie Fong rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2016
Kathryn Safrany
Kathryn Safrany rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2015
Amber
Amber rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2013
Linda Hamby
Linda Hamby rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2015
Guera25
Jan 17, 2013 Guera25 rated it it was ok
Better than Brass in Pocket, but that's not saying much.
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2011
G.D. Vidrine
G.D. Vidrine rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2011
Pgsamuel
Pgsamuel rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2015
Claire
Claire rated it really liked it
Nov 17, 2013
Anne
Anne rated it liked it
Jun 03, 2014
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2014
Suzanne
Suzanne rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2016
Rebecca Jade
Rebecca Jade rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2015
Laura rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2012
Erin
Erin rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2013
Books-fly-to-me
Books-fly-to-me rated it really liked it
May 30, 2016
Talasilverwind
Talasilverwind rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Shock Treatment (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #17)
  • Skin Deep (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #16)
  • Dark Sundays (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #15)
  • In Extremis (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #9)
  • Snake Eyes (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #8)
  • Deluge (CSI: New York, #3)
  • Four Walls (CSI: New York, #4)
Also writes as Jeff Mariotte

Jeffrey J. Mariotte is the bestselling, award-winning author of more than fifty novels, including thrillers Empty Rooms and The Devil's Bait, supernatural thrillers Season of the Wolf, Missing White Girl, River Runs Red, and Cold Black Hearts, horror epic The Slab, tand the Dark Vengeance teen horror quartet. His newest novel--written with wife and writing partner Marsh
More about Jeffrey J. Mariotte...

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Double Dealer (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #1)
  • Sin City (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #2)
  • Cold Burn (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #3)
  • Body of Evidence (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #4)
  • Grave Matters (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #5)
  • Binding Ties (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #6)
  • Killing Game (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #7)
  • Snake Eyes (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #8)
  • In Extremis (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #9)
  • Nevada Rose (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #10)