Start by marking “Encyclopedia of Mystics, Saints & Sages: A Guide to Asking for Protection, Wealth, Happiness, and Everything Else!” as Want to Read:

World-class spell collector, fortune teller, psychicpractitioner, spirit worker as well as independent scholar, writer, and teacher,Judika Illes offers acomprehensive encyclopedia of the sacred, helpfulmystics, saints, andsagesfrom a largevariety of religious traditions who can, whenvenerated,produce miracles for the reader. Illes,author of The Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells ...more
Published October 11th 2011 by HarperOne

To ask other readers questions about Encyclopedia of Mystics, Saints & Sages, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Encyclopedia of Mystics, Saints & Sages

Mikki Ibarra
Jul 20, 2012 Mikki Ibarra rated it it was amazing
This is actually one of my favorite books. Because many of my clients are Catholic, I often need saints to recommend to them and although I am a frequent visitor to the Catholic websites and I am familiar with many of the more common saints, Illes offers more in depth information which is not limited to the traditional Catholic connections to these spirits. I recommend the book for anyone who enjoys researching some of the more unknown veneration of saints, or even some of the more unknown or ...more
Wench
This is certainly a good starter point for many saints, including finding specific saints for specific needs. It's heavy on Roman Catholic saints, perhaps not surprisingly. What I would have loved to see is a pronunciation guide for EVERY saint, not just some of the more "exotic" ones, as well as more modern detail, and more emphasis on saints not from Europe.
Barbm1020
Jun 06, 2012 Barbm1020 rated it really liked it
She is thorough in her introductions and her writing is readable, but the Roman Catholic vocabulary gest in the way for me. Also I was looking for something more contemporary; this is mostly the classic legends of centuries gone by. Still a good introduction to he subject, even if, like me, you're not into the magical aspects.
Domi Holle
Sep 21, 2012 Domi Holle rated it it was amazing
A most Excellent read for an informative study. I highly recommend Ms. Illes book to those starting out on the search for knowledge on various Mystics, Saints & Sages and their connection to magnetizing what you want or need.
Colette Flanigan
Colette Flanigan rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2015
Samuel Hain
Samuel Hain rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2014
Ria Dc
Ria Dc rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2013
Neeraj Sharma
Neeraj Sharma rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2016
Tamara
Tamara rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2013
Jenn Hodgson
Jenn Hodgson rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2014
Klaudia
Klaudia rated it liked it
Jun 20, 2014
Rosa
Rosa rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2014
Nausicaä  Nausicaä
Nausicaä Nausicaä rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2013
Kirk Edwards
Kirk Edwards rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2014
Kristen Jett
Jan 24, 2014 Kristen Jett rated it it was amazing
Review to come. <3
Tressa Evans
Tressa Evans rated it it was amazing
Nov 22, 2016
Alyson
Alyson rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2014
Kenneth Smoot
Kenneth Smoot rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2014
Debra Van
Debra Van rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2014
Hilary
Hilary rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2014
Alyne Winter
Alyne Winter rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2012
Libby  Webber
Libby Webber rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2014
Jo Settle
Jo Settle rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2016
Levka
Levka rated it really liked it
May 08, 2012
Petra Devereaux-gallagher
Petra Devereaux-gallagher rated it it was amazing
Oct 07, 2013
Kristina Smith
Kristina Smith rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2014
Mistress_k
Mistress_k rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2013
Carolina Dean
Carolina Dean rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2013
Andrea Kiss
Andrea Kiss rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2014
Denise Dupree
Denise Dupree rated it really liked it
Oct 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Llewellyn's Complete Book of Correspondences: A Comprehensive & Cross-Referenced Resource for Pagans & Wiccans
  • Element Encyclopedia Of Secret Signs And Symbols The Ultimate A Z Guide From Alchemy To The Zodiac
  • Mansions of the Moon for the Green Witch: A Complete Book of Lunar Magic
  • Gothic Grimoire
  • Book of Pagan Prayer
  • The Master Book of Candle Burning
  • The Magical Power of the Saints: Evocation and Candle Rituals
  • Cunning Folk and Familiar Spirits: Shamanistic Visionary Traditions in Early Modern British Witchcraft and Magic
  • Travels Through Middle Earth: The Path of a Saxon Pagan
  • The Encyclopedia of Magickal Ingredients: A Wiccan Guide to Spellcasting
  • Utterly Wicked: Curses, Hexes & Other Unsavory Notions
Born in New York City, my metaphysical career began early: My first encounter with tarot cards at age six was also my first experience of love at first sight! That passion still burns true. Although I do practice other forms of divination, tarot remains the foundation of my practice.

A lifelong pursuit of metaphysical wisdom followed and continues: astrology, mythology, Kabbalah, the Egyptian myst
More about Judika Illes...