Stranger In Black

Stranger In Black

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Christian wants closure on his relationship with a closeted cheater, so he dons a disguise to see the evidence for himself. He attends the annual masquerade ball on the arm of his friend, looking for the Stranger in Black. But when he finds him, the farewell encounter in a back room doesn't quite go as planned

Jarrod goes undercover, wearing the black and gold mask to ferre...more
Published May 22nd 2011 by Amber Quill Press (first published May 21st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Stranger In Black, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stranger In Black

Chris
Very good m/m romance about a guy who realizes his boyfriend is cheating on him, so arranges to attend a masquerade ball incognito to see the proof for himself and help himself move on.
Honey
This is the second book I've read by Devon Rhodes and she is fast becoming one of my favourite authors. The premise was a little far-fetched but it's fiction after all and it worked for the purpose of the story.

If I have to read a book with cheating in it I want it to be handled exactly the way it was handled in this story. I want the character who is cheated on to act like Christian (Mira in this aspect was dissapointing to say the least) and say "I lost a lot of respect for you when I learned...more
Janna
Loved this sexy story. It has great characters, a solid plot, emotional depth and hot action. A satisfying, sweet read, 4.5 stars.
Gbook
It was too short!! I really want a sequel. >.< I give it a 4.5.
Adara
I think the best way to describe this story was "neat and tidy". It could have been so messy with all of the duplicity going on, but no one really got all that mad or upset or broke down in a hot mess, like you would expect. Everyone was completely understanding. It was very anti-climactic at the end. Even to the point of making fun of "the Big Misunderstanding" element in order to avoid it.

It was a pleasant story for what it was.
Laura M
Interesting story with a little cross dressing, some cheating and lots of twists and turns. A short, emotional but fun read.
Ter
3.5 - 4
Carl got off a little too easy.
dx
Apr 16, 2011 dx rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: have
2.5
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Anna Goerlitz
Anna Goerlitz marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
texasmoocow
texasmoocow marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Maggie Simms
Maggie Simms marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2014
Jessica Hale
Jessica Hale marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2013
FlibBityFLooB
FlibBityFLooB marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2013
Ashlee
Ashlee added it
May 07, 2013
Skye Blue
Skye Blue marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2013
Viv Ross
Viv Ross marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2013
Rom-addict
Rom-addict marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2013
Erichae
Erichae marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
I have always had my nose in a book and my head in the clouds!
Now I'm finally doing what I love as a career.
When I'm not lost in my imagination, you can find me in beautiful Oregon and at:

My Website: http://www.devonrhodes.com/
My Blog: http://devonrhodes.blogspot.com/
Blog with TA Chase: http://devoandtata.blogspot.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/devon.rhodes
More about Devon Rhodes...
Making His List Silver and Gold A Pint Light (Vampires & Mages & Weres, Oh My!, #1) His Last Resort One Wild Wish (One Wish #1)