Start by marking “My Name is Grace” as Want to Read:
My Name is Grace

My Name is Grace

3.93  ·  Rating Details  ·  15 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Amazing Grace or dis-Grace? Begun in WWII Scotland, Grace's diary chronicles her tragic life, becoming a road map to the Canadian runaway who finds it. Brimming with details of tenement life in wartime Glasgow and Canada's 1970s counterculture, this novel spans continents, generatiions, and cultures.
Published February 25th 2011 by Infinity Publishing

To ask other readers questions about My Name is Grace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Name is Grace

Ruthie
Nov 18, 2014 Ruthie rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
I have mixed feeling about this book - the novel is told in two parts; Jude, a troubles runaway in the 1970's, finds a diary written beginning in 1940 wartime Glasgow. The novel bounces back and forth between the two narratives. For most of the novel I was fascinated by Grace's story and felt that Jude's tale was poorly fleshed out. Throughout I was annoyed by abrupt plot changes that came out of nowhere, as well as huge leaps in time. Characters behaviour changed so rapidly and without explanat ...more
Amy
Jan 27, 2012 Amy rated it really liked it
[Review of giveaway copy]

Accustomed to reading lengthy historical books, I wasn't expecting more than a "fluff" read, and while I read almost all of it in a day it is certainly anything but that. This isn't a book for people who want a happy story, though it does end on a hopeful note.

Told from two differing view points, Grace and Jude have such personalities that it is if two different authors wrote them. They seem so much like real people, with real flaws, that I found myself thinking "don't d
Holly
Jan 17, 2012 Holly rated it really liked it
Saxon Adair
Sep 19, 2011 Saxon Adair rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was amazing!

It took me a little bit to get into it (like with a lot of books) but once I did I couldn't put it down. I read it in two days, I usually pace myself so the experience lasts longer but I just couldn't, I wanted to know everything right that second.

I'm very bad at re-capping and I don't want to accidentally spoil it for someone so I'll just leave it here : Read it!

Much Love x
Sara Rines
Jan 15, 2012 Sara Rines rated it liked it
Jude discovers Grace's diary, and Grace--through the diary--helps save Jude. The writing style was engaging, but a bit rushed. I truly enjoyed the stories, but I kept waiting for something good to happen...and it never did. But I guess that's how some people view their lives--one disaster after another.
Crystal
Mar 01, 2012 Crystal rated it really liked it
I won this on GoodReads, and wasn't really sure how much I'd like it. I ended up loving the first 80% or so, and just liking the last 20%. The author does a great job of giving the two different narrators entirely different voices.
Sue
May 08, 2015 Sue rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Wonderful story.
Teresa
Apr 14, 2013 Teresa rated it really liked it
Enjoyed the flawed & realistic characters in this book. Lots of suffering & loss, seem to propel individuals. Suggested read for my book club, glad I did.
Denise
Denise rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2016
Wendy Peters
Wendy Peters marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2015
Lane Kuypers
Lane Kuypers rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2015
Alex Oman
Alex Oman rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2016
Lizabeth Carmichael
Lizabeth Carmichael rated it liked it
Sep 11, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2013
Janet
Janet marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2013
Katherine Woods
Katherine Woods marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2012
Cindi
Cindi marked it as to-read
Holly Herriott
Holly Herriott marked it as to-read
Sarita Johnston
Sarita Johnston marked it as to-read
Jodi Boulier
Jodi Boulier marked it as to-read
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Destiny
Destiny marked it as to-read
Susan Hupp
Susan Hupp marked it as to-read
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »