Start by marking “The Art of iPhoneography: A Guide to Mobile Creativity” as Want to Read:
The Art of iPhoneography: A Guide to Mobile Creativity

The Art of iPhoneography: A Guide to Mobile Creativity

The world's most popular cameras today are the ones on a cell phone--and this guide will help iPhone owners get the best photos possible from their equipment. Not only does The Art of iPhoneography explain how to choose, load, and use the best of the apps, it also focuses on the specific techniques that define this genre of picture-taking, and the skills photographers need ...more
Published April 5th 2011 by Pixiq (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Art of iPhoneography, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Art of iPhoneography

Caitlín (Ink Mage)
I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it looked good from flipping through it at the library. Not really worth much to me--it should be titled something along the lines of "Photo Apps for iPhones" because it goes into great detail about how to use those. And honestly, it seems most apps--with the exception of tiltshiftfocus--offer the same exact filters and options. So I guess I thought the iPhone had more capabilities for taking pictures without downloading any apps and that this book would sh ...more
Michelle
Jul 11, 2012 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2012
I have enjoyed going through this little book. There's no real earth shattering new information - I have a number of the photo apps on my iPhone already, but it's nice to have all this information in one place.

Also, this book has inspired me to really think about the pictures I take with my iPhone, and to try to be more creative with them. The main reason I bought the book was all of the suggestions/things to think about when taking pictures. I probably won't go through every one of them, but I
Rick
Feb 02, 2012 Rick rated it liked it
As an instructional guide, it's very basic, so if you're experienced with using your iPhone camera you won't learn a lot that is new. What I really enjoyed, though, were the pages and pages of different pictures people had taken. There's a lot of neat shots and great ideas for your own work. I enjoyed simply flipping through and seeing the creativity of other photographers.
Greta
Jun 21, 2013 Greta rated it liked it
A good little book, mostly on how to use various apps to edit photos on your phone. With how quickly new apps are introduced, I suspect there are many other apps nowadays that may surpass the ones listed (and it also appears to have been written pre-Instagram), but the photos by the author are sure to spark some creative ideas.
Sharon
Apr 28, 2011 Sharon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: iphone photographers
Shelves: photography
I am so excited I discovered this book through a blog. Just perfect for those of you with iPhone and take lots of pictures that you love to put through photography apps. Well written, concise, easy-peasy to follow. She has done an outstanding job with this one tiny point of view when it comes to photography. She is also a co author of Shutter Sisters.
Amadeus
May 18, 2013 Amadeus rated it did not like it
This would be a great book for someone who had absolutely no idea that a smart phone can take pictures. It's like a 20 second commercial for iPhone photography. No useful technique information here and you can pretty much learn everything in this book by playing around with a smart phone and some photography apps.
Melissa
Not quite a tbr-grower per se, but an app collection grower. A very handy instructional and inspirational book for iPhone photography (the iPhoneography of the title). The more common picture taking/manipulating apps are profiled: hipstamatic, photoshop express, photo fx, etc. The author has a very encouraging tone and the sections on finding inspiration are very well-thought out.
Alee
Oct 20, 2012 Alee rated it liked it
This book was inspirational in terms of providing examples, exercises, and website information. There's a lot of basic Apple information and many of the apps cost money. (You can find free versions of similar apps and so just look around a bit.)
Marcy
May 27, 2011 Marcy rated it really liked it
I wouldn't say this book is a MUST READ but it was fun to read. I discovered several new apps (some of which became favorites) thanks to the book's recommendations, and reading about other "iphoneographer"s styles provided some inspiration.
Paulo
Jun 03, 2012 Paulo rated it it was ok

Meh, nothing new or usefull
Emme
Feb 25, 2012 Emme rated it really liked it
Very helpful, practical guide, and just plain fun!
David
Jan 30, 2013 David rated it liked it
I'm an Android guy, but a lot of what was in here is useful for phone photography in general, not just the iphone. Weird that it didn't mention Instagram at all.
Jessica
Dec 28, 2013 Jessica rated it liked it
3.5. As with many tech books, The Art of iPhoneography is already dated. The book still has useful app recommendations as well as photo prompts and tips.
Doan
Feb 23, 2013 Doan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining...nothing too mind blowing. But enjoyable.
Sh Ah
Oct 05, 2015 Sh Ah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great price and free delivery! http://amzn.to/1OhcInp
James
Aug 27, 2012 James rated it it was ok
Shelves: photography
I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. The author includes hundreds of great photos, but I didn't feel inspired, I felt overwhelmed!
Nicky
Sep 14, 2013 Nicky rated it it was ok
Some interesting concepts. I liked the walk through of the apps.
Hasan
Sep 16, 2011 Hasan added it
lool book
Aaron
Aaron rated it it was ok
Feb 10, 2013
Liz Behm
Liz Behm rated it it was amazing
May 31, 2014
Margaret
Margaret rated it did not like it
Feb 16, 2014
Ilex Press
Ilex Press rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2013
Rhonda
Rhonda rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2014
Marcus
Marcus rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2015
AJ
AJ rated it really liked it
May 22, 2015
Mandy
Mandy rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2012
Nick Rykey
Nick Rykey rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2016
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2012
Cmf
Cmf rated it did not like it
Sep 20, 2013
Kate Green
Kate Green rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2013