Start by marking “Pharaoh's Son” as Want to Read:
Pharaoh's Son

Pharaoh's Son (Memphis Cycle #3)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  12 reviews
The crash of Pharaoh's colossal statue into a throng of worshippers brings the festival of the good god Ptah of Memphis to a sudden, bloody end. Prince Khay, the High Priest, barely escapes being killed, himself. He finds clues in the wreckage that show that the disaster was deliberately set. Now he is confronted with questions that grow more alarming with every answer he...more
Paperback, First Edition
Published 1999 by Authorhouse

To ask other readers questions about Pharaoh's Son, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pharaoh's Son

James Hockey
This story is a conundrum in a setting that to many is already mysterious, that of ancient Egypt.

Diana Wilder peels back the veil shrouding this society of 3000 years ago. She peoples it with a royal household inhabited by engaging, understandable and believable characters.

Many mystery novels are predictable; the solution broadcasts itself in a way that is a spoiler from quite early on. This is not such a novel. The mystery here is a page-turner where overlapping layers of the unexplained unfold...more
Lee Holz
Pharaoh’s Son is a first rate historical mystery. When I saw the description of this book my first reaction was who needs another murder mystery set in ancient Egypt? God knows there are a lot of them available, but this is like asking who needs another first rate mystery period, and the answer is me and every lover of good mysteries, which is just what this book is – a terrific mystery with a satisfyingly complex plot. The setting is a major plus because the Egypt of Ramasses II is laid out in...more
Kelsea (Miz. Reader)
(May Contain Spoilers Towards the End) This book was hard for me to get into at first. Maybe I was having a hard time concentrating, but I don't know, it just took me a while to get there. But when I did I really liked it.

On of the confusing things for me in the beginning was the names. So many of the names sound the same, but as I got further into the book it became easier to tell the characters apart.

You know in history class you always hear that Ramses II had tons and tons of kids, but it re...more
Tom
On another site, a reviewer wonders, "How many Egyptian mysteries do we need?" I would maintain that there can never be enough. I love reading anything about ancient Egypt... histories, novels... and I love mysteries. So, Pharaoh's Son satisfied me on both levels. I can't speak to historical accuracy, but as a novel and a mystery, it utilized the Egyptian backdrop wonderfully. The characters are well-developed, and their histories are revealed through excellent plot development.

The story itself...more
Rachel
Very good story. I enjoyed it from beginning to end.
James
May 25, 2012 James is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I received this through the Goodreads giveaways, but am quite keen to start it. It's meant to be based in the world of Ramesses the Great and as a fan of Valerio Massimo Manfredi, who also likes to shape ancient tales into his own, it looks to be a cracking read for people who have an interested in ancient history. I've got another book to read, but have started this one and so far so good. So I will try and get through this fairly soon and I'll update you on what I think of it then.
D.S. Taylor
Two brothers struggle to uncover a plot that threatens to bring death and destruction to all they love ... Set in the sands of Ancient Egypt, Pharaoh's Son is a tale of honor, loyalty, death and treachery. Diana Wilder knows how to use her prose to paint a picture that will stay with you long after you've closed the covers. Sit back, snuggle up with a mug of hot choc and enjoy!
Kerry Amburgy-Dickson
I enjoyed this book very much. While some liberties were taken, that's to be expected when dealing with a time period where there are so few solid details.
Barbara
2 books in one: death and intrigue with separate spiritual text interspersed among the main storyline.
Anna Jean
Could not get into the story. Each character had at least five names or titles.
Carissa
Gave up on this one. That doesn't happen often.
Therese
Oct 18, 2012 Therese marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
$0.0
Wanda
Wanda marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
kiraniumbra
kiraniumbra marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Nichole
Nichole marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Lianne
Lianne marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Aeokie
Aeokie marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Nancy  W'f
Nancy W'f marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Hope Dee
Hope Dee marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Laurie
Laurie marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Stacey
Stacey marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Ella-Liessa
Ella-Liessa marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Strategos - Born in the Borderlands (Strategos, #1)
  • Jezebel's Ladder (Jezebel's Ladder, #1)
  • House of Corruption
  • Seer of Egypt (The King's Man, #2)
  • Cleopatra
  • I Know Not (The Legacy of Fox Crow, #1)
  • The Devil's Concubine
  • Markland: The Landing (The United States of Vinland, #1)
  • The Glass Books of the Dream Eaters, Volume Two (Miss Temple, Doctor Svenson, and Cardinal Chang #1.2)
  • The Prophet: A Shepherd Thriller
  • Jade
  • The Lives of Rachel
  • The Fortunes of Captain Blood
  • Blood Zero Sky
  • A Kingdom's Cost (The Douglas Trilogy, #1)
  • Kings, Queens, Heroes, & Fools (The Wardstone Trilogy, #2)
  • City of the Dead
  • Asenath
I grew up all around the United States courtesy of a very mobile family. Perhaps because of the Irish in me, I love to weave stories for my own enjoyment about the people I meet and the places I've seen during my travels. I graduated with a degree in ancient and medieval history and experience in journalism.

I started writing novels in graduate school, and have produced four set in New Kingdom Egy...more
More about Diana Wilder...
The City of Refuge A Killing Among the Dead Mourningtide (Memphis Cycle, #2) The Safeguard: A Novel of Georgia in 1864 The Orphan's Tale (Book I)