Start by marking “Pharaoh's Son” as Want to Read:
Pharaoh's Son

Pharaoh's Son (Memphis Cycle #3)

The crash of Pharaoh's colossal statue into a throng of worshippers brings the festival of the good god Ptah of Memphis to a sudden, bloody end. Prince Khay, the High Priest, barely escapes being killed, himself. He finds clues in the wreckage that show that the disaster was deliberately set. Now he is confronted with questions that grow more alarming with every answer he ...more
Paperback, First Edition
Published 1999 by Authorhouse

To ask other readers questions about Pharaoh's Son, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pharaoh's Son

James Hockey
May 06, 2012 James Hockey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story is a conundrum in a setting that to many is already mysterious, that of ancient Egypt.

Diana Wilder peels back the veil shrouding this society of 3000 years ago. She peoples it with a royal household inhabited by engaging, understandable and believable characters.

Many mystery novels are predictable; the solution broadcasts itself in a way that is a spoiler from quite early on. This is not such a novel. The mystery here is a page-turner where overlapping layers of the unexplained unfold
Lee Holz
Jun 03, 2012 Lee Holz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pharaoh’s Son is a first rate historical mystery. When I saw the description of this book my first reaction was who needs another murder mystery set in ancient Egypt? God knows there are a lot of them available, but this is like asking who needs another first rate mystery period, and the answer is me and every lover of good mysteries, which is just what this book is – a terrific mystery with a satisfyingly complex plot. The setting is a major plus because the Egypt of Ramasses II is laid out in ...more
Kelsea (Miz. Reader)
(May Contain Spoilers Towards the End) This book was hard for me to get into at first. Maybe I was having a hard time concentrating, but I don't know, it just took me a while to get there. But when I did I really liked it.

On of the confusing things for me in the beginning was the names. So many of the names sound the same, but as I got further into the book it became easier to tell the characters apart.

You know in history class you always hear that Ramses II had tons and tons of kids, but it re
James
May 25, 2012 James is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I received this through the Goodreads giveaways, but am quite keen to start it. It's meant to be based in the world of Ramesses the Great and as a fan of Valerio Massimo Manfredi, who also likes to shape ancient tales into his own, it looks to be a cracking read for people who have an interested in ancient history. I've got another book to read, but have started this one and so far so good. So I will try and get through this fairly soon and I'll update you on what I think of it then.
D.S. Taylor
Aug 23, 2013 D.S. Taylor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Two brothers struggle to uncover a plot that threatens to bring death and destruction to all they love ... Set in the sands of Ancient Egypt, Pharaoh's Son is a tale of honor, loyalty, death and treachery. Diana Wilder knows how to use her prose to paint a picture that will stay with you long after you've closed the covers. Sit back, snuggle up with a mug of hot choc and enjoy!
Sekhar N Banerjee
Feb 01, 2016 Sekhar N Banerjee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An interesting mystery story....

Set in the days of Ramessis II, this is a very enjoyable mystery story. It definitely will be liked by all interested in ancient Egypt.
Barbara
Oct 20, 2012 Barbara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
2 books in one: death and intrigue with separate spiritual text interspersed among the main storyline.
Kerry Amburgy-Dickson
I enjoyed this book very much. While some liberties were taken, that's to be expected when dealing with a time period where there are so few solid details.
Herneith
Herneith rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2013
Anna Jean
Could not get into the story. Each character had at least five names or titles.
Charles A.
Charles A. rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2017
Frieda Tieder
Frieda Tieder rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2015
Dianne
Dianne rated it it was ok
Oct 18, 2012
Carissa
Jun 05, 2013 Carissa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012, egyptian
Gave up on this one. That doesn't happen often.
David Thierry
David Thierry rated it liked it
Nov 27, 2015
Ann Eder
Ann Eder rated it really liked it
Dec 24, 2015
Dana White
Dana White rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2013
Karens
Karens rated it really liked it
Sep 09, 2016
Steven L. Yount
Steven L. Yount rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2015
Jeff
Jeff rated it really liked it
May 12, 2014
Becky Kurtenbach
Becky Kurtenbach rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2016
Laura rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2012
Ysobel
Ysobel rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2014
Ružica
Ružica rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2016
Billcwy
Billcwy rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2015
Athenenike
Athenenike rated it liked it
Mar 18, 2016
Toni Murzi
Toni Murzi rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2016
Christina
Christina rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2016
Therese
Oct 18, 2012 Therese marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
$0.0
Michelle Fedele
Michelle Fedele rated it really liked it
Aug 19, 2012
  • The Parthian (The Parthian Chronicles, #1)
  • Jezebel's Ladder (Jezebel's Ladder, #1)
  • Chained to the Barbarian (Palace Brides #2)
  • Snap
  • Strategos: Born in the Borderlands (Strategos, #1)
  • House of Corruption
  • Brambleman
  • The Glass Books of the Dream Eaters, Volume Two (Miss Temple, Doctor Svenson, and Cardinal Chang #1.2)
  • Bone Wires
  • The Devil's Concubine
  • Seer of Egypt (The King's Man, #2)
  • I Know Not (The Legacy of Fox Crow, #1)
  • Blood Zero Sky
  • Slab City Blues: The Ballad of Bad Jack (Slab City Blues ,#4)
  • Three John Silence Stories
  • Jade
  • The Fortunes of Captain Blood
  • Blood Rush (Demimonde, #2)
I grew up all around the United States courtesy of a very mobile family. Perhaps because of the Irish in me, I love to weave stories for my own enjoyment about the people I meet and the places I've seen during my travels. I graduated with a degree in ancient and medieval history and experience in journalism.

I started writing novels in graduate school, and have produced four set in New Kingdom Egy
More about Diana Wilder...

Memphis Cycle (4 books)
  • The City of Refuge (Memphis Cycle, #1)
  • Mourningtide (Memphis Cycle, #2)
  • A Killing Among the Dead