Blood on the Water (Vampire Files, #6)

Blood on the Water (Vampire Files #6)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  535 ratings  ·  10 reviews
As a journalist in Capone-controlled Chicago, Jack Fleming is used to blood--even though it's from a vampire's perspective. When the new mob boss decides to rid the city of its friendly vampire, Fleming's thirst for the red stuff gets in the way of his safety.
Published by Ace (first published January 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Blood on the Water, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood on the Water

Amanda
Aug 17, 2008 Amanda rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of BOTH Rachael Morgan and Nero Wolfe
Susan
I always enjoy reading books in Elrod's Fleming series, and Blood on the Water was no different. However it has been a while since I had read the previous book in this series so I found myself a little lost trying to remember what had happened. Regardless of that I really enjoyed seeing Fleming and Escott take on Kyler who was getting suspicious of Jack's abilities as well as getting in the middle of a mob war. Elrod does a great job with her Fleming character, and in this book Jack really tests...more
Kati
Better than the previous book. It was interesting to find out that Jack's powers had their limits and what would happen if he crossed them. Also, I like it when the books focus more on the friendship between Jack and Escott, their banter is always hilarious. The ending felt too open, though. Yes, Jack's situation was partially resolved with Kyler's death but it wasn't the end of it. I hoped for a more permanent solution with a shift to new plots in the next book.

Olivia
P.N. Elrod can write a heck of a novel but this one... it wasn't as good as the others in this series. Well, I kinda take that back, it was just as good until the last chapter. There just seemed to be something lacking from the ending.
Kimberly
One of the best vampire stories I've read. There's a little romance (it's really hard to find a vampire story that doesn't), but it is 90% very entertaining story line. If you like this genre, I would not pass these novels up.
Kevin Connery
Vampire Files #6 Back to serial form, with a lot of back-references to the first book--the only one I missed so far. :(
Nessa Stubblefield
The story is starting to slow down.
Helen
This one is great
Beth
Beth added it
Aug 23, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Corey C.
Corey C. marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Scott
Scott marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Kemy
Kemy marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Sandmancpp
Sandmancpp marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Karen Humphreys
Karen Humphreys marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Missyhouse
Missyhouse marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
John Lynch
John Lynch marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
  • A Hundred Words for Hate (Remy Chandler, #4)
  • Shattered Glass (Austra Family, #1)
  • Smoke and Ashes (Tony Foster #3)
  • Angel Souls and Devil Hearts (Shadow Saga #2)
  • Tempting Fate (Saint-Germain, #5)
  • Vampire Junction
  • Haunted (Anna Strong Chronicles, #8)
  • An Old Friend of the Family (Dracula Series, #3)
  • The Ultimate Dracula: New Stories by Some of the World's Leading Authors
  • The Dead Travel Fast: Stalking Vampires from Nosferatu to Count Chocula
  • Of Truth and Beasts (Noble Dead, Series 2, #3)
  • In the Blood (Sonja Blue, #2)
  • Those Who Hunt the Night (James Asher, #1)
Patricia Nead Elrod is an American fantasy writer specializing in novels about vampires. Her work falls into areas of fantasy and (in some cases) mystery or historical fiction, but normally not horror, since her vampires are the heroes. -Wikipedia
More about P.N. Elrod...
My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding (There Be Pirates, #1; Kit and Olivia, #2; Nightcreature, #5.5; Sookie Stackhouse, #6.1; The Dresden Files, #7.5; Dark-Hunter, #6.25) Strange Brew My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon Dark and Stormy Knights Hex Appeal (Phoenix Chronicles; The Shadowfae Chronicles, #4.5; Kate Daniels, #5.6; The Dresden Files, #11.9)