Start by marking “Are We Living in the End Times?” as Want to Read:
Are We Living in the End Times?

Are We Living in the End Times?

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  963 ratings  ·  33 reviews
In the updated and expanded edition of this classic title, noted scholar Dr. Tim LaHaye gives reasons for believing that the Rapture and the Tribulation could occur during our generation. Ours is the first generation that has the technology and opportunity to fulfill many of the prophecies of Revelation. Understanding prophecy can be difficult and confusing. This book take ...more
Published April 1st 2011 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published November 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Are We Living in the End Times?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Are We Living in the End Times?

Jay Miklovic
Jul 18, 2011 Jay Miklovic rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: nobody.
Shelves: super-lame
I have always been dead set against burning books... this book might make me rethink that position

After around 200 pages I finally just had to set this one down. I've finished a number of bad books, but this is the worst book I have read in a long long time. I mean that.

In the first four pages LaHaye essentially undermines all pastors by planting seeds of doubt in the readers regarding their pastor's seminary training. He insinuates that the reason there is disagreement with his position on prop
I started reading it because of all of the world events. I bought it years ago, but felt the need to read it recently.
I do believe we are nearing Christ's return!
Joe Caplinger
Really enjoyed this book. It brings to light how the end of times could really come at any time. And points to technology advances we are seeing today as moving right along in the same direction that will lead to several of these prophecies being fulfilled. Things such as cashless systems and microchips to track health records and locate pets who may get lost we all think are awesome today but is only one step closer to the events that have been said will occur at the end of time.
I read this book after reading the entire (prequels and all) Left Behind Series. I found the outline of the book easy to follow. I didn't use any other reference guides to help, but followed the chapters-slowly. I am usually a speed reader so I deliberately slowed down and digested each chapter before moving on. I found the information fascinating, the charts clarified a lot, and I was anxiously awaiting the end.
Dianne Sagan
This is well written and shows us things about our times that show how they conincide with prophecy and how it is presented in the Left Behind series. Well worth the read.
G Ream
very good - scary for those who do not believe in Christ and His salvation
Every time I read a book by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins, I learn something new. Based on their best~selling Left Behind series, Are We Living in the End Times is a three~part book that examines today’s culture to determine if we are the generation who will see Christ’s return. The second part of the book takes a step~by~step look at what will happen to those who are left behind after the Rapture and the last section examines the personalities who will shape end time events.

After discussing w
Omnipotent Dystopian Now
Straight Christian propaganda. If you're a Christian, I recommend it. Otherwise, don't waste your time, unless you're curious about cults and what not like I am. Although, this book doesn't contain as many contradictions and inconsistencies as the Bible. Wait, did I just contradict myself?
What a shocker to read! This book is VERY thought provoking. I must say this series has changed my life.
I don't like it when dispensational theology is presented as inarguable, undisputable, and self-evident.
A good look at end time prophecy. Matched up with what the Bible foretells.
Victoria Neely
It does a good explaination of the books and what is going to happen
Clear and easy to understand
Jul 28, 2011 Dillon marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
morbid curiosity
I think that I would have enjoyed this book far more if I had been reading the updated version. The version that I read was from 1999. This means that it did not include 9/11 and also had predictions that have already past (they weren't specific predictions but they did mention that they thought it would occur by a certain time). It was very interesting and informative. I didn't finish it because I was having a hard time with some of the comments about everything in prophecy being so obvious. I ...more
Raised as a Catholic, I had NO IDEA what the Book of Revelations had to say. This book was amazing at breaking it down. I highly recommend it if you are curious about what the end looks like.
Shirley Kummer
WOW! Lots to think about, talk to God about and lots of scripture to study on my own. Gave this book 5 stars because of the ALMOST endless research done to write what the authors trust to be acurate. Some pages I had to read twice to try and understand it all. Worth the read!!!
Charles M.
Author's purview of what the Bible has to say about our times and the end of the World. Although, he has some points; does not appear to be all that convincing...
What I thought to be some solid information that mostly lines up with other books I have read on this topic. I agree with other reviewers though who said his tone was a little much. Especially in the part where he talked about how sinful the world is becoming...his attitude on gays especially is a doozy. I'm a pretty conservative Christian myself, but I think I could safely qualify his words as spewing hate. And apparently the U.S. is a nation of obese, entertainment driven, amoral couch potatoe ...more
Damien Vasseur
Worst book ever. I'm serious. I wish I had the energy to write a book going into detail everything that is wrong with this book. Neither author understand history. No editor who reviewed it has any concept of academic research. They come up with a conclusion and searched long and hard for "facts" to fit their reality. If you want to understand people who truly believe the second coming and rapture...then read this. You will realize that you cannot argue with their beliefs because logic and REAL ...more
Matthew Broman
interesting book about the end of times from a biblical standpoint. I dunno if we are living in the last days but with all the insanity going on like never before it's hard to imagine sometHing big isn't coming soon
Oct 16, 2015 Jessica rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jessica by: me
Very interesting and thought provoking.
Amazing reading. Alot of History (that I wasn't interested in when I was in school). Really tells how things in this time come together with prophesies from the bible.

Read and tell me what you think!!
Wrong. We are not living in the end times. LaHaye totally ignores what Jesus says in the gospels about the timing of his Parousia (Second Coming).
Anne Hawn Smith
This a sample book I got from Amazon. I am going to try to get it through the library. It looks interesting.
I could not believe how horrible this book was. Only read it to answer questions asked during the Left Behind craze.
The more I read, the more worried I am for the unsaved friends and relatives... :( Time is running out...
Carolyn Dove
Apr 22, 2009 Carolyn Dove added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
This book goes along with the Left Behind Series
John Graham
Important devotional that fuels my witness.
Tom Hallberg
Don't waste your time or money.
  • Storm Warning
  • Hard Sayings of Jesus
  • Every Prophecy of the Bible
  • Study Bible KJV - Scofield Reference Bible
  • Living Beyond the Limits: A Life in Sync with God
  • Writing for the Soul: Instruction and Advice from an Extraordinary Writing Life
  • Praying the Psalms
  • Fields of the Fatherless: Discover the Joy of Compassionate Living
  • What's So Amazing About Grace? Study Guide
Timothy "Tim" F. LaHaye is an American evangelical Christian minister, author, and speaker, best known for the Left Behind series of apocalyptic fiction, which he co-wrote with Jerry B. Jenkins.

He has written over 50 books, both fiction and non-fiction.
More about Tim LaHaye...

“The New Testament clearly teaches that there are many ‘demons’ but only one ‘devil.” 2 likes
“Since the accuracy rate for the fulfillment of Bible prophecy so far has been 100%, we can be confident that it will continue to be so. No other religion in the world has such confirming evidence to inspire its faith.” 1 likes