Start by marking “The Divine Circle of Ladies Making Mischief (A Cass Shipton Mystery #3)” as Want to Read:
The Divine Circle of Ladies Making Mischief (A Cass Shipton Mystery #3)

The Divine Circle of Ladies Making Mischief (Cass Shipton #3)

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  182 ratings  ·  13 reviews
In this third novel, The Circle of Five investigates an “angel of death,” whom they suspect of murdering patients at a local rehabilitation center. Between forays into crime-fighting, they also befriend a runaway wife, learn about Druids from the new family in town, and settle an environmental score with a polluting pig farm. Despite all that's going on in their crusading ...more
Hardcover, Large Print, 490 pages
Published November 1st 2005 by Thorndike Press (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Divine Circle of Ladies Making Mischief, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Divine Circle of Ladies Making Mischief

Marty
Apparently there is a series of these “Divine Circle” books. Five ladies in modern Massachusetts who have formed a wiccan where they follow the old ceremonies of the ancient Wiccan way. They are the “good witches” and each has her specialties. Cas (main character) is somewhat clairvoyant and can talk to her dog Scruffy. Anyway, the ladies only use their “powers” for good…. But of course they get caught up in interesting cases. The there are two in this book: 1. A young woman with a son is hiding ...more
Kitty Skinner
I read and enjoyed earlier books in this series, so I was looking forward to reading "Divine Circle of Ladies Making Mischief," but I found it difficult reading.

There were quite a few subplots, which I thought would lead somewhere but most just fizzled, and only a few actually had to do with the main plot. In fact, though, there are actually three main plots:
the pig farm, deaths at the rehab hospital, and a young woman, her son Hari and her abusive Saudi husband. These are all introduced near t
Gina
Wonderful book! The story comes back to the Circle of Five, and I adored it as much as the first two! A lot of laughs, sniffles, panic and outrage when reading this book. You get so into the characters, you can't help it. You may learn who the 'bad guy' is, thanks to Cass, but it's getting to the end and how it all goes down that keeps you reading. The plot is subtle, and has an easy flow, and your own heart-rate kicks up at the climax of the story. I know mine did! The ending was perfect and sw ...more
Mary-Frances
I have to say, the book has a cute premise and very likable characters, but do all her books have THIS MANY PLOT lines? YIKES! It was a nightmare keeping track of all the mystery, intrique and chaos in the book - and unfortunately just the sheer speed and quantity of craziness made it hard to keep track of anything.

I liked it, but it was a relief to finish it!
Shelley
Jan 10, 2012 Shelley added it
Recommends it for: everyone
Amazing as are all of Dolores Stewart Riccio's books. She has a quirky, friendly, thoughtful style and her characters are all people I would love to know, especially Fiona! I treasure her books, and eagerly await the next one. Shame on any publisher who doesn't buy her manuscripts!
Chrissy
This book is cute. It is about a group of crime fighting witches. Found it at a book sale, paid like a quarter for it, so it was a quarter well spent. Looks like she has a series, so I would be interested in reading those.
Deb
I enjoy this series with each book I read, for me the books are a lighthearted read with a nice mystery tossed in among the witchcraft. What more can a Witch wish for.
Lauren
Nice, easy read, but geez- if you don't adopt all dogs and feed them the highest-quality people food, you deserve to be shot.
Stacey
Love this series of books. Light easy reads. Love their creative side, gardenings, crafting, friendship.....
Rexanna
Great novel of five amazing ladies and their magical adventures. I like novels with strong women.
JJ
Didn't like is mess of a book. Too many characters with back story, goofy plot, hocus pocus, blah, blah.
Erica Yatsuk
i can just imagine me and my friends as old lady's doing this one day... or something close to it.
Krista
love this series
Theresa
Theresa is currently reading it
Nov 20, 2014
Morven
Morven marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Vana
Vana marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Kay Gethings
Kay Gethings marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Abigail Rose
Abigail Rose marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Alyssa
Alyssa added it
Sep 02, 2014
Carol
Carol added it
Aug 29, 2014
Carol Revolinski
Carol Revolinski marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Shane Dougall
Shane Dougall marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
  • The Withdrawing Room (Kelling & Bittersohn, #2)
  • Harm None (A Rowan Gant Investigation #1)
  • Book of Moons (Bast Mystery, #2)
  • The Fugitive King (Professor Simon Shaw, #3)
  • The Moche Warrior (Lara McClintoch Archeological Mystery, #3)
  • Murder In Half Moon Bay (A Jillian Bradley Mystery #1)
  • Murder at the War: A Modern-Day Mystery With a Medieval Setting (Peter Brichter, #2)
  • Murder Most Crafty
  • A Cast-Off Coven (A Witchcraft Mystery, #2)
  • The Drowning Spool
  • Down the Garden Path (Ellie Haskell Mystery, #2)
  • Murder Runs in the Family (Southern Sisters Mystery, #3)
  • Not a Creature was Stirring (Gregor Demarkian, #1)
  • Evil Dark (Occult Crimes Unit Investigation, #2)
  • Aunt Dimity and the Lost Prince (An Aunt Dimity Mystery, #18)
  • Cat Trick (Magical Cats, #4)
  • Walking to Mercury (Maya Greenwood, #2)
AKA Dolores Riccio
AKA Dolores Stewart

Dolores Stewart Riccio was born in Boston and grew up in Pembroke, a small New England town on the South Shore of Massachusetts. She currently lives in Duxbury which is located near the town of Plymouth, the setting for her Circle novels.

Riccio writes "As a poet, I’d always signed my maiden name, Dolores Stewart. For cookbooks, I preferred my married name, Dolo
More about Dolores Stewart Riccio...
Circle Of Five (A Cass Shipton Mystery, #1) Charmed Circle The Divine Circle of Ladies Courting Trouble (A Cass Shipton Mystery #4) The Divine Circle of Ladies Playing with Fire (A Cass Shipton Mystery #5) The Divine Circle of Ladies Rocking the Boat (A Cass Shipton Mystery #6)