Start by marking “Fabric-by-Fabric One-Yard Wonders” as Want to Read:
Fabric-by-Fabric One-Yard Wonders

Fabric-by-Fabric One-Yard Wonders

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  177 ratings  ·  33 reviews
The best-selling authors of One-Yard Wonders are back with an all-new collection of 101 sewing projects that each require just one yard of fabric!This time, the projects are organized by fabric type. From home dec to knits, wool to flannels, corduroy to cottons, these patterns--contributed by popular sewing bloggers anddesigners from across North America--show how to make ...more
Spiral-bound, 416 pages
Published November 16th 2011 by Storey Publishing, LLC (first published October 30th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Fabric-by-Fabric One-Yard Wonders, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fabric-by-Fabric One-Yard Wonders

I have not actually made anything from this book, but.., the ideas are great, ranging from simple adults skirts to household items, wallets and bags through to toddlers playsuit. Ibstructions are very clear, with clear photographs.
I'm reading the eBook version, but I understand that the print version cones with the physical patterns.

Although there are sone very simple ideas this book is not really for the absolute beginner and does assume basic skills in using a sewing machine and reading and
This is a sewing projects book so it's not quite a book that you read cover-to-cover. I also haven't made a project (yet) from it, but I plan to after writing this review.

I received a Barnes & Noble gift card for Christmas and plan to buy this book with it. (I checked this out of the library and I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to cut out and use the pattern pieces that come with it.) I'm a sewing newbie and fairly financially broke so it seems like this will be an enjoyable and useful resour
Shala Kerrigan
This is a compilation of projects that can be sewn using one single yard of fabric. It's spiral bound in a hard cover with box attached on the inside cover which holds pattern pieces. Some of the pattern pieces for some of the projects you'll draft by hand. Those have simple shapes and measurements.

The nice thing about one yard patterns is that it's a great way to use a yard of great fabric. It starts with a basic introduction to the supplies you'll need, and most of the projects are done using
Love this book! Even though I'm still not keen on simple one yard clothing (lots of them look really handsewn, and not in a good way), the patterns and designs improve upon the first. So many things I wanted to sew. I had to settle for only using the designs that didn't require the tissue paper patterns, so I picked the diaper clutch and wallet, whose pieces went by measurement. Easy instructions help even a novice sewist like me understand. Though there seemed to be one error in the diaper clut ...more
This book is arranged by fabric type rather than project type, so I would guess it's mainly for stashbusting. There was some off-the-wall stuff as with any large collection of patterns, but I was pleasantly surprised by how many of the patterns I liked.
This was on my wishlist the day it was announced, and it didn't disappoint! I have around 10 projects bookmarked already. I would say my only slightly negative comment is there are a lot, as in the previous one yard wonders book, of children's projects. For me personally, these are projects I would rather see in a children specific collection, as I do not have children. I think they would be a great shoot off book series in and of themselves. But this is still great selection of one yard of fabr ...more
Sonja Isaacson
I feel like I liked more of the projects in this book that the original One Yard Wonders, but that a lot of them involve a higher level of skill. Same problems as before - a lot of house "stuff", clothing I wouldn't wear, kids clothing is for younger kids. I also feel that a number of these projects are less about sewing and more about DIY home - like the martini shade (which actually I would be interested in...)

It's handy to have the chapters divided by fabric type, but the is also means if I a
I liked the first “one yard wonders” book so much that I bought it. This one is fine, but some of the patterns felt repetitive, both within this book and with the other book.

Breaking it down to chapters by fabric was a neat idea, but it also means you no longer get categories for the stuff itself, so there are, say, purses in just about every chapter.

Projects I liked: wallet (p. 57, looks a lot like the one I bought on etsy! Though that was before this book was published); hanging book display (
A few cute projects in this. Have to return it to the library before I do any of them, but I'll get it out again, probably.
Sewers alert! Here is a book with 101 ideas that require only one yard of fabric. The authors give a good description of various materials and tricks to sewing each kind of fabric. The projects vary from easy to more advance with full color pictures of each project. Best of all the pattern pieces are included, no trying to reproduce patterns to scale. This is a must have for sewing enthusiast.
Trish Boese
4* I like this book a lot! If you are a creative seamstress, you will love the inspirations in this book. The patterns for 101 projects are included so it's a good value. It is simply a pleasure to browse through this book for ideas ranging from bags to apparel to toys to accessories. This book focuses on different types of fabric, while the original One-Yard Wonders mainly uses cotton.
Honestly, the projects are Ah-mazing! They really are. Very very inspiring. And the sheer amount of projects that can be done is astounding! The photographs are high quality and the instructions are clear and understandable. I only wish the ARC had the patterns that I could have printed and then experimented with. I mean what am I gonna do without any patterns, you tell me?
Loved this book!!! By far the best sewing and craft book I've read this year. I can't wait for it to come out so i can make some of the projects. The book is set up in sections by fabric type with cute projects to make for each type. The book has lots of variety, so there's something for everyone. There are some really cute bag patterns!

Mostly quirky patterns, which is good if you're quirky...which I'm not. I did, however, like the patterns for the Petal Pillow, the Airline Bag (very funky!), and the Pig & Piglets. Except for the part where you add velcro teats so you can stick the piglets snouts to the mama. That's just creepy.
This book is overall a bit too much like a bunch of books that have come before it (and also the internet has all this info and a few very similar pattern). However, there are a couple of projects in here that were cute and fairly new, if not pretty easy to figure out on your own...
Jan 09, 2013 Cindy marked it as to-read
Shelves: crafts-hobbies
646.2044 Ya

Tufted ottoman 167
Drawstring toy caddy (pg 75)
Hanging Book display pg 137
Easy dining chair slipcover 168
petal pillow 225
kids sofa 232
tucked pillow 387

Cute kids stuff

ruffle scarf
This has so many really cute ideas! I think, though, that having a library copy isn't going to work, because of the set of wonderful full-size tissue patterns that are included. I may to buy this one for my own use!
Susan O'brien
I liked the projects so much that I bought the book. I liked that different types of fabric are used - cotton, wool, oilcloth, home dec, etc. Looking forward to making new projects in the new year.
While I liked the breakdown of projects by type of fabric, I felt there were more useful and interesting projects in the author's first book of projects.
Kristie (fabk)
Can't wait to get started on some projects. Love how everything is broken down by fabrics and all the information about all the fabrics.
There is something for everyone here and its good inspiration but I didnt feel compelled to make any of the projects exactly.

Wonderful book with several projects I want to make. I'm especially intrigued by the idea of making my own umbrella.
Meh. There's not a whole lot in here that I would make, but there's good advice about how to work with various types of fabric.
So many cute ideas and I LOVE the concept of projects that only take one yard of fabric. fun to just sit and read.
There was nothing in this book that appealed to me to make-the instructions were hard to understand.
Miss M
There are a lot of spunky creative projects in this book, definitely something for everyone.
A good, solid sewing book with some nice projects. I think I'll be trying my hand at a few!
Not exactly what I would call "wonders", but hey, let's not all be the same.
There are some darling patterns and great ideas in this book. Love it.
Jan 04, 2013 Jean rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: crafts
fun to peruse for sewing project ideas. Patterns included in back.
  • Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing for Baby: 20 Easy Projects for Newborns to Toddlers
  • The Bag Making Bible: The Complete Creative Guide to Sewing Your Own Bags [With Pattern(s)]
  • Sew Serendipity: Fresh and Pretty Designs to Make and Wear
  • Handmade Beginnings: 24 Sewing Projects to Welcome Baby
  • Wee Wonderfuls: 24 Dolls to Sew and Love
  • Sew What! Skirts: 16 Simple Styles You Can Make with Fabulous Fabrics
  • Last-Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts
  • Improv Sewing: A Freeform Approach to Creative Techniques; 101 Fast, Fun, and Fearless Projects: Dresses, Tunics, Scarves, Skirts, Accessories, Pillows, Curtains, and More
  • Bend-the-Rules Sewing: The Essential Guide to a Whole New Way to Sew
  • Fa la la la Felt: 45 Handmade Holiday Decorations
  • Sew Pretty Homestyle
  • Sewing in a Straight Line: Quick and Crafty Projects You Can Make by Simply Sewing Straight
  • The Colette Sewing Handbook: Inspired Styles and Classic Techniques for the New Seamstress
One-Yard Wonders: 101 Sewing Projects; Look How Much You Can Make with Just One Yard of Fabric! How to Make Curtains: Measuring and Making the Perfect Window Coverings for Every Room in Your Home. A Storey BASICS® Title How to Make Curtains: Measuring and Making the Perfect Window Coverings for Every Room in Your Home. a Storey Basics(r) Title One Metre Wonders Little One-Yard Wonders: Irresistible Clothes, Toys, and Accessories You Can Make for Babies and Kids