Start by marking “Wishing on a Blue Star” as Want to Read:
Wishing on a Blue Star

Wishing on a Blue Star

A Special Project by Dreamspinner Press & ManLoveRomance Press. Edited by Kris Jacen.

How much impact can someone have on your life if you’ve never met them face to face?

In this electronic age of E-mails, electronic publishing, and social networks, quite a lot.

Through his emails, stories and blog, author Patric Michael has touched numerous hearts, minds and lives from t
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 402 pages
Published (first published January 25th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Wishing on a Blue Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wishing on a Blue Star

Alex
Feb 14, 2011 Alex rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: queer, anthology, free
Overall
There is no way to rank this book, to judge it, to compare it to anything else. There are stories, some of them funny, some of them heart breaking (I'm looking at you Amy Lane). Between the stories (or perhaps the stories are in between) are blog posts following Patric Michael's experiences dealing with cancer and everything that goes with it.

This is a longer book as far as books in this genre go, and it took me a while to get through, one because I struggle with anthologies anyway, two
Trisha
Feb 09, 2011 Trisha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't think I can even begin to explain how much this book touched me. I hope all who read this book are as touched as I am.
Marsha Spence
Mar 24, 2014 Marsha Spence rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review is just for Mary Calmes "Linchpin". Beautifully written and so poignant. It's heartbreaking but still somehow filled with hope.
adrienne
don't read unless prepared to tear up.
OkayKim
Dragonfly by Jan Irving
A Tale of Thr
Maddie
Mar 31, 2013 Maddie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't think I have ever read a more touching book than this. It's a book that I simultaneously couldn't put down, and couldn't continue reading, but in the end I read it all in one sitting. I am not ashamed to admit that it reduced me to tears, and nearly so even more than that once. Past the typos and punctuation errors that are present not only in the blog entries, but also in the short stories, there is so much "real" ness that they seem to fade away. This was a very intense read, and defin ...more
Star
Apr 30, 2015 Star rated it it was amazing
I cried buckets

This really left me an emotional mess. I loved seeing how each person interpreted there thoughts on the subject and found Patric's way of seeing the world. He didn't hide his anger or fears and also his joys. I didn't see this book as inspirational but as someone who never gave up and learned. I like how he questioned everything to understand what was going on, so many people just except Doctors as gods. I see people with education in medicine, other see them as the answer and exc
Karin Wollina
Jan 29, 2011 Karin Wollina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: keepers, favorites
it isn`t easy to rate this book. The stories are all thoughtful and touching and I liked them very much.
But the story that is told by the blog entries something special. I am working in oncology for ages, with children and grown-up patients and always tried to be as good and understanding a doctor as Patric`s Doc is,I know how importantit is to take the patient seriously. And I really never knew how much the Fatigue is impairing in the day to day live.
I will give the book to friends of mine to r
ErinSC
Sep 18, 2012 ErinSC rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-romance
I *wish* that I had found and read this book sooner, as unfortunately Mr. Michael died last month. I also wish that I could explain how much this compilation touched me. The stories and tributes were beautiful, but Patric's blog entries were my undoing. He made me laugh, cry and alternately want to cheer for/rage at the various people in his life. I will try my best not to look away Mr. Michael, and always share a smile.
The bleakness that his absence will bring will surely be far exceeded by shi
Cryselle
I don't want to assign stars here -- the work should be beyond rating, because it's a true journey that Patric Michael allowed us to take with him, and it's painful, uplifting, and his. Punctuated with stories from other authors, this is a good reminder of our humanity and fragility,and it's still making me cry to think about, days later, but in a good way.
Morgan
Jan 07, 2014 Morgan rated it it was amazing
i read a few short stories before school (i couldn't sleep) and i was crying. really crying with like snot and everything....not a good way to start a school day (you know how that kind of crying can give you headaches?) ~sigh~

so terribly sad.

still in process of reading though its a great read
Lora
Feb 12, 2011 Lora rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simply the most powerful collection I have ever read. I cried myself stupid, I admit it. An absolute must read.
Brooklyn
May 09, 2015 Brooklyn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
I really enjoyed reading Patric's blog posts. I've always liked biographies, so personal stories captivate me. What a journey of strength.
Regencyfan93
Nov 10, 2013 Regencyfan93 rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own-it
I was impressed with this outpouring of words in memory of Patric Michael. My favorite selection is "So If You're Sand, Not Rock". I cry every time I read it.
Celia
Celia rated it really liked it
May 11, 2012
itmfiddler
itmfiddler rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2011
Andy
Andy rated it liked it
Sep 16, 2011
Jennifer rated it liked it
Aug 19, 2015
Mara Ismine
Mara Ismine rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2013
Alli
Alli rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2016
Manxkity
Manxkity rated it really liked it
May 27, 2012
dawn helms
dawn helms rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2016
Mandy Beyers
Mandy Beyers rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2011
Maike
Maike rated it liked it
Nov 27, 2016
Swati
Swati rated it liked it
Nov 06, 2011
Erin
Erin rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2013
Gigi T
Gigi T rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2012
Kathy
Kathy rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2012
Dani Fujikawa
Dani Fujikawa rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2016
Clovernmax
Clovernmax rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2011
  • Love Is Always Write: Volume Three
  • Three Fates
  • Love Is Always Write: Volume Five
  • Making Contact
  • Make Me a Match, vol. 2 (Make Me a Match)
  • Love Is Always Write: Volume Two
  • The Care and Feeding of Demons (Adrian and Trent #2)
Kris Jacen is the Executive Editor and Formatting Director for ManLoveRomance Press and its imprints. She was invited to join the MLR staff in 2008 and has never looked back. Working with over thirty-five phenomenal authors such as Rick R. Reed, JP Bowie, James Buchanan, J.L. Langley, Ally Blue, Jet Mykles, William Maltese and has allowed her to both hone her editorial skills and indulge her inner ...more
More about Kris Jacen...