Start by marking “New Rules for Today's Workplace: Strategies for Success in the Virtual World” as Want to Read:
New Rules for Today's Workplace: Strategies for Success in the Virtual World

New Rules for Today's Workplace: Strategies for Success in the Virtual World

In her newest book, business communications expert Sheryl Lindsell-Roberts delivers timely advice for employees, managers, and business owners on surviving and succeeding in today’s technology-dependent workplace.

An antidote to the boring business book, New Rules for Today’s Workplace is filled with real-life stories from workers at such successful companies as TiVo, Pegas
Published April 6th 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

To ask other readers questions about New Rules for Today's Workplace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about New Rules for Today's Workplace

Vikki Thomas
Jul 29, 2013 Vikki Thomas rated it did not like it
I was extremely disappointed in this book. In section 2 'Creating Harmony' I was hoping to find a section on how a younger generation can manage an older generation without being treated like a child. All I found was how the younger generation needs to appreciate the older generations' experience and understand how much wiser they are. Not helpful. I work in a very niche field and most of the older people I manage have had no experience in this kind of work or even in an office. I appreciate ...more
Gayle
Jun 16, 2011 Gayle rated it did not like it
This is a great book for anyone returning to the workforce or joining for the first time. There are some good tips about how to work full time from home (assuming your place of employment permits it.) Beyond this I got very bored with most sections as it was material I either already knew or it did not apply to my situation. Thinking I'd come across useful new tips in this book, I was thoroughly disapointed.
SF_Fangirl
Sep 06, 2016 SF_Fangirl rated it did not like it
Shelves: library, non-fiction
Very disappointing. This read like a number of slightly related blog posts. It nearly all of the very varied topics very at the "for dummies" level. I skimmed most of this book quickly looking for useful info, but I found nothing of relevance that was not completely obvious to anyone who's been in the workforce for a few years.
Shermel
Aug 29, 2011 Shermel rated it really liked it
Shelves: free_bus, startover
Sheryl Lindsell-Roberts presents varied information that I known and don't. This book needs to be read at a pace. If you are traditional employed or self-employed, this book is helpful. Give it a chance, you might find a tidbit or two to help you with your career.
Kathleen Rainwater
Sep 23, 2012 Kathleen Rainwater rated it liked it
Shelves: business
This compact book covers a variety of topics from basic job search advice; communication between generations; how to run a teleconference; attending a virtual trade show; advice for telecommuters;email, IM and texting etiquette; and more !
Jinson
Jinson rated it it was ok
Aug 11, 2016
Sheila
Sheila rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2011
Leanne
Leanne rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2011
Claudia
Claudia rated it it was ok
Jan 01, 2015
Trish
Trish rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2011
Peter
Peter rated it did not like it
Jun 04, 2015
Chelsea Williams
Chelsea Williams rated it it was ok
Jun 21, 2015
Carol Read
May 21, 2016 Carol Read rated it did not like it
Disappointing. Entry level.
Pam Bachorz
Pam Bachorz marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2011
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2011
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2011
The Joy of Booking
The Joy of Booking marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2011
Greg
Greg added it
Mar 18, 2012
Malia Tanji
Malia Tanji marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2012
Moo
Moo marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2012
Cathryn Dolly
Cathryn Dolly marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2012
Lorraine M. Thompson
Lorraine M. Thompson marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2012
Leonard
Leonard marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2013
Emilie
Emilie added it
Apr 25, 2013
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Courtney B
Courtney B marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Abby
Abby marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Deckle Books
Deckle Books marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
James
James added it
Jan 28, 2016
Vanessa
Vanessa is currently reading it
Aug 14, 2016