Start by marking “Drip Drop Teardrop” as Want to Read:
Drip Drop Teardrop

Drip Drop Teardrop

3.57  ·  Rating Details ·  2,393 Ratings  ·  256 Reviews
Even Death Can Fall in Love...

Avery hasn’t had it easy.

When she was ten years old her parents died in a car crash. Now nine years later her Aunt Caroline is the only family she has left. And Caroline is dying.
So when Death comes knocking (quite literally) in the form of the damaged and dangerous, Brennus, Avery makes a deal with the reaper in order to save Caroline.

Brenn
Published May 9th 2011 by CreateSpace (first published April 29th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Drip Drop Teardrop, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Drip Drop Teardrop

Kristalia
Final rating: 3/5 stars

“So what’s on the agenda tonight?” She asked softly. Giving in.
Brennus stood up and held a hand out to her. “For one night only… I’m going to show you my world.”

I love Samantha Young, i love her writing and her stories.

Drip Drop Teardrop is a nice novella, but too short for my tastes.

And even though the story may seem already seen, it is still interesting and nice concept. Though it would have been better if it was longer - because it really had potential to be abso
Karla

3 Stars! Different, in a good way, but I wanted more!

Freebie on Amazon...worth checking out and clicking on!
Nathalie*
May 11, 2016 Nathalie* rated it really liked it

I love how interesting this book was ... WAY TO SHORT but oh so good
AJ
Dec 20, 2012 AJ rated it really liked it
I really like this short little read.

Avery is a bit of a lost soul, existing in her life, not really living it. She lost her parents in a car accident as a child and now cares for her beloved Aunt Caroline, who is dying of cancer, and goes out with her friends once a month to a club. There is often a guy at the club who watches her silently. He is dark, mysterious and creepy, with a wicked scar across his face, but Avery feels drawn to him. When he approaches her in the club one night for a danc
Misty Baker
Feb 17, 2012 Misty Baker rated it liked it
I’ve always been fascinated by inspiration. Where does it come from? How do you find it? And once you find it… what in God’s name do you do with it? For authors… this is especially meaningful.

We’ve all heard the stories. “I had a dream and I just couldn’t forget it.” “I had a conversation with a little girl at a park, and I KNEW I had to write it down.” But when it’s all said and done, when the girl has stop talking, or you are risen by the sun, the “how” and the “where” are seemingly insignific
Heather *live on coffee & flowers*
Good idea. Not so good execution.

I'm a fan of stories with Death as the love interest. Meet Joe Black, Death Takes a Holiday, and Keturah and Lord Death come to mind. Abandon was one I really didn't like, but we won't go there.

Drip Drop Teardrop is one of those stories where the hot supernatural guy shows up and declares his want for the heroine, then gives her a "choice" to stay or go with him to his supernatural realm. In this case the choice was basically "Come with me or I'll kill your dying
Shraddha
Feb 01, 2015 Shraddha rated it liked it
First of all, a little praise for the author and her lovely books.

Samantha Young... I'd really like to meet you one day. So would my best friend. Let's discuss that someday.

She blew me away in the past with unforgettable characters like Eden, Noah, Ari, Jai and Charlie.

Honestly, I thought Brennus would be some extremely morose, extremely upset-with-his-existence kind of a Grim Reaper, but as it turns out, he was quite wicked, dark, and even playful at times. I really enjoyed reading about him a
(yikes)
Sep 16, 2011 (yikes) rated it it was amazing
This has achieved what Abandon could not.
I loved how Brennus was imperfect, not those annoyingly cliched "hot bad boys" which is waaaaaay unrealistic. Sometimes throughout the book I wan't to throttle Avery because she was so ungrateful at one point. But yet again,I couldn't blame her. Her aunt is dying, after all. I could feel her conflicting emotions through the chapters.
But I liked the way she described the (view spoiler)
The BookWhisperer
Jul 11, 2011 The BookWhisperer rated it really liked it
Drip Drop Teardrop is a very short story at just over sixty pages. The storyline follows a young girl that was orphaned at nine years old after a tragic car accident with her parents. Her loving Aunt takes her in happily, but now a terminal cancer has taken hold and the future for Avery looks to be very lonely. While out with her friends one night every month at the local 4.0 night club; she has several run ins with a mysterious man named Brennus. Little does Avery know Brennus is following her ...more
Praiz Sophyronja
Apr 18, 2014 Praiz Sophyronja rated it liked it
Shelves: x-samantha-young
I read it because, well... Samantha Young. Also because I have incredible patience. Oh, and it's free on kindle. I rolled my eyes a lot, and sorry for not being sorry about my bluntness. 3 stars is probably generous, but 2 stars seems a bit harsh.
Heather
Dec 27, 2012 Heather rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2012
I didn't like this one much at all, which is a shame as I've enjoyed other books by this author. This just gave me the creeps. Not in a "he's death" sort of way, but in a "he's a manipulative, controlling, blackmailing stalker" sort of way.
Carole Rae
Jul 14, 2014 Carole Rae rated it really liked it
Mandy Sickle
I picked this one up years ago but never seemed to find the time to get around to it. Which is funny because I'm a huge fan of Samantha Young’s books. Avery life has been tough losing her parents at 10 and being raised by her aunt. Now in college instead of having to worry about what dress to wear Avery is once again facing a loss . Her aunt who put her life on hold to raise Avery is now dying of cancer. Once a month she goes out to dance with her friends in the past she’s seen him but not reall ...more
Eli
Apr 28, 2011 Eli rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given Drip Drop Teardrop, a Novella as an arc and I didn’t know what to expect. I’ve read The Tale of Lunarmorte trilogy by Samantha Young and absolutely loved it, so I was really looking forward to seeing something new from the author. I wasn’t disappointed. Drip Drop Teardrop is a beautiful read, a character piece about a darker love between two people, a love that may seem odd to outsiders but is perfect for the two people involved. I absolutely loved Brennus, he’s not your typical hero ...more
Books
Nov 15, 2013 Books rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yep, this is definitely for older readers in the YA genre. To be very honest, I’ve had this novella and another two of Ms Young’s books on my kindle which I’ve been dying to read because I’ve only heard good things about her books. Plus, she’s a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, so naturally I expected something spectacular. Alas, it was not to be. I was rather disappointed with the disjointed and very simplistic writing style the author uses. Because of this, I just couldn’t get ...more
Victoria
Jan 01, 2016 Victoria rated it really liked it
I came across this book after my friend posted a link to it. Several things caught my eye about it:

- It was FREE and it still is on Amazon. Who can say no to free books?! ;)
- It was written by Samantha Young who I absolutely love!
- It contains a grim reaper which is pretty freakin awesome in and of itself.

It was a pretty quick read. I really enjoyed it. I loved the main characters: Brennus and Avery. I found the plot line to be quite fascinating.

I also enjoyed the fact that we got plenty of back
Collette Scott
Sep 04, 2011 Collette Scott rated it it was amazing
What an adorable novella. It was a fast-paced story, short but well-rounded and well-written. The story is a contemporary romance with a touch of the paranormal in it. Young has done a beautiful job in setting up the catalyst for the story, Avery’s aunt, who is dying of cancer. She is watched by Brennus, a frightening but sexy man who is really an Ankou, one who guides the dead to their afterlife. He wants Avery and offers her a chance to save her aunt if she will accept him.

Though short, this
Mercedes
Sep 04, 2011 Mercedes rated it liked it
Shelves: ya
I'm sort of lukewarm about Drip Drop Teardrop. I can say I liked it,
that it was short, and that I personally wouldn't read it again.
I never really connected to the characters. Sure, I found Brennus
sexy, but that's pretty much it. I didn't care much for Avery or her
attitude and her friends that had a presence at the beginning utterly
disappeared at the end.

If it had possibly been longer, I could have learnt more about the
characters, and I could have (possibly) swallowed Avery falling in
love within
Jenn
Avery is a broken girl who lived her life in the shadows of who she wants to become. Every thought, every dream is based around what her aunt would do if in that position. She's living, but not really living.

Then she meets Brennus, dark and mysterious with a hideous scar down the side of his face. Brennus has been watching her for some time, and even though she's afraid, she is also drawn to him.

This novella focused on life and death, literally. I liked the idea behind it and the pace moved alo
Dec 20, 2012 Sarah rated it it was ok
Shelves: sci-fi-fantasy, ya
If ever I complain that a novella is too short, it has more to do with the actual structure of the story or the character development.

This story could have been much better were it expanded. The characters didn't know each other, and the familiarity between them didn't ring true. I felt that it jumped from event to event too drastically and I really didn't like the journal. It was too easy to move the story along with the journal acting as internal monologue.

HOWEVER - I liked the characters, th
Shiran
Apr 23, 2012 Shiran rated it really liked it
With every Samantha Young book I read I find myself kicking my own ass for not reading her books sooner! I really love her writing style and fearsome imagination.

Drip Drop Teardrop is such a unique and well crafted story. In fact this story felt like something one of my other favourite authors, Sherrilyn Kenyon, would write. I really loved it and the characters had me desperate for more.

The only problem I had with this book was that it was too short. I was really into it and then it ended. It's
Sara
Nov 02, 2011 Sara rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
Samantha Young could probably write about anything and make it interesting and fun! Even though this was a novella and on the short side, I still felt like I read an entire book. The story had it been a stand alone book could've been drawn out and elaborated on, but I loved how it got to the point and still made me feel like I accomplished reading a complete story. I very much enjoyed this book and if you haven't read anything by Samantha Young yet, you MUST and soon!! She's an amazing author, h ...more
Tiffany
Oct 23, 2012 Tiffany rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, pnr
This is a good short read. The reason I only gave it two stars is because it is a stand alone novella and due to its length I could not get a good feel on Brennus & Avery. I definitely did not understand their connection. There was not enough time spent on that and too much time spent in the beginning explaining that Avery is a worry wort that doesn't really have an independent personality.
Frances
Jun 05, 2013 Frances rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
I loved this short story, it was either cheap or free from amazon. very different to anything i had read befor and simple to follow as it was a youn adult book about death falling in love. if you like paranormal romance the I would recommend it. love Samantha Young's work and have been wanting to read some of her earlier books for a while and I am glad I read this one.
Jennifer Williams
Jan 05, 2013 Jennifer Williams rated it it was ok
I thought the book was well written and that it had a good flow but it seemed uneventful and I got kind of bored toward the end of it. Most books have some buildup to the story, a revealing, more buildup, etc. Aside from a small hiccup at the very end of the book it was just flat. I'm disappointed as the idea behind is has such potential.
Stacy
Jan 24, 2013 Stacy rated it liked it
I thought it was a little short, then I read it was a novella. So there's the answer to that complaint.

I'm not going out of my way to recommend this book, but it wasn't awful. It was interesting concept, but filled with the usual cliches. It was a nice little read, but nothing more.
Rhonda Maran
I thought this book was kinda boring. It was too short to even form a bond with any of the characters. I could not wait to finish the book. I was rather disappointed in this book because I read ON DUBLIN STREET by the same author and it was amazing unlike this book.
Yodamom
Feb 09, 2013 Yodamom rated it liked it
A young woman who seems to always be surrounded by death meets Death himself and he want more from her than her soul.
A short sweet romantic story. I would have liked to see the characters developed more into a full story.
Dønná✨❤️✨
Mar 04, 2013 Dønná✨❤️✨ rated it it was amazing
Loved this short story ! Just one thing missing Samantha would have liked to no just how good brennus was in the bedroom :( but still a great world you have created there x
Amber
May 11, 2011 Amber rated it it was amazing
Loved it! It was so beautiful to read, so sad but perfectly done. A really lovely short story that touches your heart! Another great read Samantha :)
book romance: Drip Drop Teardrop by Samantha Young 6 14 Mar 16, 2012 02:46PM
  • Taken (Channie, #2)
  • The Seven Devils
  • Fearless (Bird of Stone, #2)
  • Love Your Entity (Entity, #3)
  • Bound By Blood
  • The Undying God
  • The Glassheart Chronicles
  • Hunter's Blood (Cursed by Blood, #1)
  • Night Moves (Night Songs Collection, #2)
  • Melancholia (Duality, #1)
  • Angeldust (Dark Angel, #5)
  • Ocean of Dust
  • Don't Fear the Reaper (Netherworld, #1)
  • Become (Desolation, #1)
  • ASMODEUS: Demon of Lust Part 1
  • Blue Violet (Svatura, #1)
  • The MacKinnon Curse (MacKinnon Curse, #0.5)
  • The Whispers of the Sprite (The Whispers, #1)
Samantha Young is a New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author from Stirlingshire, Scotland. She's been nominated for the Goodreads Choice Award 2012 for Best Author and Best Romance for her international bestseller ON DUBLIN STREET, Best Romance 2014 for BEFORE JAMAICA LANE, and Best Romance 2015 for HERO. ON DUBLIN STREET is Samantha's first adult contemporary romance s ...more
More about Samantha Young...

“You get everything you need?”

She squealed like an idiot and whirled around to see him smirking at her. “JeSUS!” She glared at him and brushed past him, ignoring the sparks that shot down her arm where their bodies met.

Thumping down on to the sofa, she grabbed at the food tray and began digging in, glaring at him the whole time as he took the seat opposite her. She swallowed when he refused to look away. “You know this is all just a little too Virginia Andrews for my liking.”

He raised an eyebrow. “Meaning?”

“The clothes, the accessories, the shampoo!” Avery shook her head in disbelief. “It’s creepy, Brennus.”
8 likes