Raising a Daughter After God's Own Heart

Raising a Daughter After God's Own Heart

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Elizabeth George, popular speaker and bestselling author of A Woman After God's Own Heart and A Young Woman After God's Own Heart, provides an engaging and inspirational resource for every mom who wants to lead her daughter to a godly life by example, encouragement, study, and prayer.
With her biblical insight and child-raising experience, Elizabeth guides a mother's devel...more
Published September 1st 2011 by Harvest House Publishers

Tina
Often times when we first become mothers, we look for the instruction manual. I wish that I had found this particular title much sooner in my journey as a mom. Elizabeth George does an excellent job of encouraging and spurring me on as a mother. This book is specifically about daughters and therefore includes insight into the beautiful relationship between a mother and her daughter.
There are several different examples of the way that we can view our lives, insuring that there will be at least o...more
Clockstein Lockstein
Raising a Daughter after God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George is a must read for any mother concerned about her daughter's spiritual life. George, who is well-known for her devotionals for women, including A Woman after God's Own Heart, uses her own experience as the mother of two daughters to help moms trying to get it right. She first encourages women to start with their own relationship with God by reading the Bible regularly, memorizing Scripture and starting a prayer journal specifically for...more
Renée Parks
I originally picked up this book because of the title (and because I have read other good books by the author). I had realized that I have read many more books about raising boys then raising girls so I thought this would be a good start in balancing that out. On that aspect I was actually rather disappointed. There was only a couple chapters that was directed mainly toward raising daughters and though I did enjoy them I think a more appropriate title would have been "Raising a Child After God's...more
Angela
I enjoyed this book very much. It didn't give advice or information that was a surprise but it gave many reminders of how I should be responding and encouraging my children. Most of the advice can be transferred to sons as well as daughters but girls definitely look up and copy mom's example more. I liked how the chapters were broken down to the various "tasks" of a mom. some of them I hadn't really considered before (cheerleader, social secretary, shepherd).
As usual Elizabeth George offers many...more
Elasha
I would give this 3.5 stars . . . I saw this book in our library and picked it up: and was pleasantly surprised. The author is not LDS and so there are of course some doctrinal differences, and a few things I didn't agree with, but the overall message is great counsel for anyone who believes in God, and is trying to raise her daughter (and sons) accordingly. I came away encouraged and inspired to do and be better - and with several solid goals to work on for myself and my children.
Perelandra
This book has practical and biblical encouragement for Moms who want to lead their daughters as Christ-followers. Even if you are already working hard at this you are sure to glean a few new nuggets of wisdom gold - I know I did! Elizabeth George and her husband Jim have many books under their belts and I am quickly finding them to be wonderful mentors from afar. Her husband was in leadership with John Macarthur, an incredible Bible expositor.
Jenny
This book is a must read for every mother out there who has a daughter! It is great! It gives you so many Christian methods for raising your daughter, but more importantly how to teach her about God and how to live a Godly life!!!
Zinnada Hodges
I'm stilling this book. It's pretty basic. Meaning, it's good for a young mother in the faith. If you know a mother who's a new believer, this would be a good book for her.
Michele
came from an uber specific background. i was able to glean some reminders and insights though.
Suzie Heard

Excellent book! It keeps you focused on what's important.
Tarrah
Tarrah marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Stephanie Brown
Stephanie Brown marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Stacey Alexander
Stacey Alexander is currently reading it
Jun 17, 2014
Yaicha
Yaicha marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
M
M marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Robin
Robin is currently reading it
Jun 03, 2014
Jeannie
Jeannie marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Denni
Denni marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Kara Larson
Kara Larson marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Beth
Beth is currently reading it
May 18, 2014
Leatha
Leatha marked it as to-read
May 12, 2014
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Lindsey Grogg
Lindsey Grogg marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
Allison Moore
Allison Moore marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
Alisha
Alisha is currently reading it
Jun 10, 2014
Kimberly Panhorst
Kimberly Panhorst is currently reading it
Apr 25, 2014
Heather Evans
Heather Evans marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Elizabeth George is bestselling author and national speaker dedicated to helping people live a life after God’s own heart. For over 30 years, the teachings and steadfast example of Elizabeth has helped countless men and women:

- Simplify life by focusing on God’s priorities.
- Appreciate God’s Word and apply it to everyday situations.
- Respond to circumstances with confidence by seeing yourself thro...more
More about Elizabeth George...
A Woman After God's Own Heart Loving God with All Your Mind Beautiful in God's Eyes A Young Woman After God's Own Heart A Wife After God's Own Heart