Start by marking “Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, Vol. 02 (Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, #2)” as Want to Read:

Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, Vol. 02 (Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura #2)

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  989 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Published June 7th 2011 by VIZ Media LLC (first published July 15th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Sakura Hime, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sakura Hime

pinkthecolour
So in the end, i went to the library and picked this up the very next day after finishing Vol. 1 :p And i must say, i enjoyed Vol. 2 a lot more ! The characters were developed more, which slowly started defrosting my irrational dislike for them. Asagiri was, as always, adorable, and i enjoyed the new competition to win over Sakura. There were some cute scenes between her and the Prince :)(view spoiler) ...more
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
My Thoughts:

This is a good continuation of v.1. I'm really getting into the series and I pretty much adore Sakura even though I think she's pretty weird for (view spoiler) Those are some really wrong words and intent to fall in love over. Otherwise, I think she's pretty awesome. I can't decide if I feel like perhaps she's a little too good of a person, though. She will do anything to protect the people that
Holly Letson
First off, much thanks to Aerandria for scanslating this volume. I had read Vols. 9&10 of this series previously, for VIZ, so I wanted to go back and read the rest of the story now, so I decided to turn to the scanslations.
------------------
The frog, Hayate-San, who I loved so much in the much later volumes, barely makes an appearance in this volume. So, this volume is focused alot more on Sakura.
I find myself liking Sakura, but feeling more drawn to Aoba actually. These two seem pretty
Starbubbles
So, I'm picking up this series again. I do like it better than I remember. It reminds me a lot of her other series, which makes sense since she wrote them. Love triangles, mistaken hate, actual hate, destined to not be together... So much teenage angst. What I don't get is that for it being based in the Heian and hitting some of the cultural aspects right on the head with the screens and robes, why SAkura transforms into a mini skirt outfit with modern socks and shoes and all. I mean, I agree, s ...more
Marina
I give this 4 stars. Love the illustrations. Easy to understand story.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler
Note to Self: Heian Era Izumi
Princess Sakura(14yo,sis,Princess Kaguya's(moon princess)granddaughter,orphan,immortal(mixed blood),pal)+Prince Oura(Aoba,17yo,betrothed,nephew,transforms to wolf,pal2),Fujimurasaki(Togu(next emperor),uncle),Asagiri(mononoke(spirit),mini,snow spirit,blood cursed,companion pal),Priestess Bya
Stacey
Ok, in the second book, turns out the Prince Oura intended on killing Princess Sakura because he had someone steal her soul symbol and he didnt like the fact that its "destroy" and he wanted to make sure she was really immortal. (Princess Sakura lived though)cuz two ninjas named Kohaku and Hayate tried to help heal her wound. But it also turns out that Prince Oura wasn't finished with the princess yet. He turned into a giant white and stole chizakura from her. Yep, he stole the mystic Cherry Bl ...more
Amy
The artwork is good, but the characters are still quite confusing. Primarily the relationship between Aoba and Sakura.
Mariana Avalos
Sakura knows who she likes but I really wonder if Aoba likes her to...
Sara
Read in: January 2013 and May 2013.

Updated Review: Originally I had given this 3 stars, but like the first volume, I will bump this up a star. Very enjoyable to read a second time through and I'm getting more out of the story. Beautiful!

Original review: There is so much detail in these illustrations- gorgeous!

I really do like that this shojo doesn't follow the same 'recipe' or outline that many do. This has fantasy elements, along with the day-to-day romance issues of a 14 year old girl. Not the
Dani
The drawing is amazing and the mangaka is very skilled and talented. I do find myself finding many favorite frames each chapter. This may well be why I read the manga.

The story is interesting too though. I find my heart softened toward Sakura and I have to admit that she won me over talking about her brother and how Aoba reminds her of him. The idea of soul symbols are fascinating and I'm starting to like where this is going.

BOTTOM LINE: So well drawn!
Chelsea
This volume was really good and I am enjoying seeing how all of the characters and their relationships are developing. This volume also introduces a new character closer to the end. I can't wait to read the next volume and learn more about these characters and what will happen next.

Contains Chapters 4 - 7
04.) An Ephemeral Bond Still
05.) But You'll Get Angry if I Tell You
06.) Why Did You Choose Me?
07.) Standing At The Entrance To an Ephemeral Labyrinth
Megan Sanchez
A gorgeous series with an Usagi-esque main character in a fun Heian style fantasy. Unfortunately, I'm not very taken with the love story of Sakura and Aoba, which leaves me frustrated every time we leave one of the awesome action scenes to go cry about how Aoba is mean. But the minor characters are so great and the concept is right up my alley, so I will continue to grab further volumes when I see them.
和泉美優
In this volume, after Prince Oura's attempt to assassinate Princess Sakura, Sakura is taken under the wing of a girl ninja called Kohaku and her childhood friend-turned-frog, Hayate.
Heffa
Jan 06, 2013 Heffa rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 12+
Shelves: manga
Zusammenfassung:
Detailreich, gut ausgearbeitete Geschichte, gemixt mit etwas Humor. Eine sehr gute Fortsetzung der Sakura-Hime Mangareihe.

Mehr dazu: http://goo.gl/AA2P6
Audrey D
I was so happy when I got this volume. That cliff hanger ending at the end of volume 1 ( and 2 for that matter) had me running to the bookstore to get the next volume.
Loonie
Love, love, love, love, loved!!! As always beautiful artwork. A teensy bit cheesy, main character kind of a crybaby, but loved it anyway!!!
Shanna Hurd
Good story, pretty artwork.
Donna
Feb 11, 2013 Donna rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
amazing
Melissa Cossalter
Melissa Cossalter marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2015
Bushbatzzss
Bushbatzzss marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2015
Alyssa Rye
Alyssa Rye marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
  • Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 9 (Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Renewal Editions, #9)
  • Arisa, Vol. 02 (Arisa, #2)
  • Rosario+Vampire: Season II, Vol. 7 (Rosario+Vampire: Season II, #7)
  • Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 13
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 04 (Library Wars: Love &  War, #4)
  • Saint Dragon Girl, Vol. 02
Name in Japanese: 種村有菜 (Tanemura Arina)
Western Zodiac: Pisces

Arina Tanemura was born on March 12, 1978. She's the author of Full Moon O Sagashite, Time Stranger Kyoko, Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross, Sakura Hime Kaden, and more.

Her favorite hobby is Karaoke. One song that she sings is Smile, originally by Myco. She has two cats, named Riku and Kai. She has one elder and one
More about Arina Tanemura...

Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, Vol. 01 (Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, #1)
  • Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, Vol. 03 (Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, #3)
  • Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, Vol. 04 (Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, #4)
  • Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, Vol. 05 (Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, #5)
  • Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, Vol. 06 (Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, #6)
  • Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, Vol. 07 (Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, #7)
  • Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, Vol. 08 (Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, #8)
  • Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, Vol. 09 (Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, #9)
  • Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, Vol. 10 (Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, #10)
  • Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, Vol. 11 (Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, #11)
Full Moon O Sagashite, Vol. 01 The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 01 Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Vol. 1 (Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, #1) Full Moon O Sagashite, Vol. 02 The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 02