Start by marking “Spice & Wolf, Vol. 5 (Spice & Wolf: Manga, #5)” as Want to Read:
Spice & Wolf, Vol. 5 (Spice & Wolf: Manga, #5)

Spice & Wolf, Vol. 5 (Spice & Wolf: Manga #5)

4.38  ·  Rating Details  ·  240 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Facing financial ruin, Lawrence casts about desperately for the funds he needs to survive this latest disaster. When all hope seems lost, though, just how far is the merchant willing to go to protect his livelihood - and his life?

This manga adaptation of Isuna Hasekura's acclaimed Spice & Wolf novel series, also available from Yen Press, is an investment that promises
Published October 25th 2011 by Yen Press (first published October 27th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Spice & Wolf, Vol. 5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spice & Wolf, Vol. 5

*Miss Fame*
Apr 29, 2015 *Miss Fame* rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, library-book
This was the last book of the series to read for the Book of the Month.... I was just going to read the first five volumes and go back to reading it later when all the volumes are out... but with THAT cliffhanger ending, there is NO possible way!! I immediately checked out the remaining 5 volumes that are currently out and will read them.

This has been my favorite volume so far. A lot of stuff was happening and it was exciting and interesting. I can't wait to see what happens in volume 6!
Derrick Johnson
my personal reaction of the light novel spice and wolf by Isuna Hasekura, was the plot that was put into the story. I liked how a traveling merchant (Craft Lawrance) gets stuck with the God of the harvest (Holo) . And how they cooperate to make money buy selling items such as furrs. But the thing that I don't like about the story was when Lawrence and Holo had faced financial ruin, and they had to try to get enough money to pay back a debt Wich had a dead line was in two days. when I got to this ...more
Zac Chase
Jan 20, 2014 Zac Chase rated it it was amazing
Lawrence and holo devised a plane to repay there debt. if they do it right they will be free from there debt but if they get caught they will die. the whole plane is to talk to norha and ask her to use the her sheeps to smuggle gold into the city. she agrees because the church is starting to think she is a which. they get the gold with no problem but on there return trip they got attacked by wolves. norah and holo holds them off. but the book ends with a giant howl blowing the trees and rocks an ...more
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Jan 02, 2015 Nidah (SleepDreamWrite) rated it really liked it
Holo and Lawrence may have a way to get out of debt. Liking the series so far. Don't know what else to say that I haven't said already. Art is good? Check. Holo and Lawrence are adorable together? Check. Holo reminds me a little bit of Alice from Pandora Hearts, minus the tail and the ears. Anyway, good volume.
josh
May 18, 2014 josh rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Holoholics
Thanks to the events of Book 4, Lawrence finds himself in quite a bit of debt. When none of his business connections pan out in his attempts to raise money through a series of small loans, Lawrence and Holo devise a plan with a big payoff ~ but the risk...
Dennis Yang
Mar 15, 2014 Dennis Yang rated it it was amazing
Seven WORDS

I LOVE THE ANIMATION LOVE THE MANGA!
Elizabeth
Mar 07, 2012 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-comics
so in this episode Lawrence has to pay back his debt that he got swindled on and decides to smuggle gold in the sheep's stomach so nobody will be the wiser. I'm really enjoying this series and hope it stays fantastic.
Kate
Oct 14, 2011 Kate rated it it was amazing
Better than the cliffhanger part left on the last volume. Here Lawrence and Holo may have created a plan to get out of debt. They become closer and more determined throughout the book.
Stef
Stef rated it it was amazing
Feb 09, 2016
Colin
Colin rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2016
塩酸
塩酸 rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2016
Nina Hahaj
Nina Hahaj marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Ben Lill
Ben Lill rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2016
Elizabeth Licata
Elizabeth Licata rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2016
Evette Torres
Evette Torres rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2016
Sariah
Sariah rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2016
P
P rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2016
Ava
Ava marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Quoc Bairds
Quoc Bairds marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2016
Jason
Jason rated it really liked it
Jan 23, 2016
David
David rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2016
Aniket Nayak
Aniket Nayak marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Ethan
Ethan marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2016
Shannon McNinch
Shannon McNinch rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2016
Alyssa
Alyssa rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2016
Sarah Evans
Sarah Evans rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2015
Ryan Gutierrez
Ryan Gutierrez rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2015
  • 涼宮ハルヒの驚愕 (前) (Haruhi Suzumiya, #10)
  • Kieli, Volume 2: White Wake on the Sand
  • Chibisan Date Volume 1
  • K-ON!, Vol. 4
  • Oh My Goddess! Volume 7: The Queen of Vengeance
  • Chobits: Omnibus, Vol. 1

Spice & Wolf: Manga (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Spice & Wolf, Vol. 1 (Spice & Wolf: Manga, #1)
  • Spice & Wolf, Vol. 2 (Spice & Wolf: Manga, #2)
  • Spice & Wolf, Vol. 3 (Spice & Wolf: Manga, #3)
  • Spice & Wolf, Vol. 4 (Spice & Wolf: Manga, #4)
  • Spice & Wolf, Vol. 6 (Spice & Wolf: Manga, #6)
  • Spice & Wolf, Vol. 7 (Spice & Wolf: Manga, #7)
  • Spice & Wolf, Vol. 8 (Spice & Wolf: Manga, #8)
  • 狼と香辛料 9
  • Spice & Wolf, Vol. 10 (Spice & Wolf: Manga, #10)
  • Spice and Wolf, Vol. 11 (manga)