Start by marking “Spice & Wolf, Vol. 5 (Spice & Wolf: Manga, #5)” as Want to Read:
Spice & Wolf, Vol. 5 (Spice & Wolf: Manga, #5)

Spice & Wolf, Vol. 5 (Spice & Wolf: Manga #5)

4.35 of 5 stars 4.35  ·  rating details  ·  206 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Facing financial ruin, Lawrence casts about desperately for the funds he needs to survive this latest disaster. When all hope seems lost, though, just how far is the merchant willing to go to protect his livelihood - and his life?

This manga adaptation of Isuna Hasekura's acclaimed Spice & Wolf novel series, also available from Yen Press, is an investment that promises
Published October 25th 2011 by Yen Press (first published October 27th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Spice & Wolf, Vol. 5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spice & Wolf, Vol. 5

*Miss Fame*
This was the last book of the series to read for the Book of the Month.... I was just going to read the first five volumes and go back to reading it later when all the volumes are out... but with THAT cliffhanger ending, there is NO possible way!! I immediately checked out the remaining 5 volumes that are currently out and will read them.

This has been my favorite volume so far. A lot of stuff was happening and it was exciting and interesting. I can't wait to see what happens in volume 6!
Derrick Johnson
my personal reaction of the light novel spice and wolf by Isuna Hasekura, was the plot that was put into the story. I liked how a traveling merchant (Craft Lawrance) gets stuck with the God of the harvest (Holo) . And how they cooperate to make money buy selling items such as furrs. But the thing that I don't like about the story was when Lawrence and Holo had faced financial ruin, and they had to try to get enough money to pay back a debt Wich had a dead line was in two days. when I got to this ...more
Zac Chase
Lawrence and holo devised a plane to repay there debt. if they do it right they will be free from there debt but if they get caught they will die. the whole plane is to talk to norha and ask her to use the her sheeps to smuggle gold into the city. she agrees because the church is starting to think she is a which. they get the gold with no problem but on there return trip they got attacked by wolves. norah and holo holds them off. but the book ends with a giant howl blowing the trees and rocks an ...more
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Holo and Lawrence may have a way to get out of debt. Liking the series so far. Don't know what else to say that I haven't said already. Art is good? Check. Holo and Lawrence are adorable together? Check. Holo reminds me a little bit of Alice from Pandora Hearts, minus the tail and the ears. Anyway, good volume.
josh
May 18, 2014 josh rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Holoholics
Thanks to the events of Book 4, Lawrence finds himself in quite a bit of debt. When none of his business connections pan out in his attempts to raise money through a series of small loans, Lawrence and Holo devise a plan with a big payoff ~ but the risk...
Dennis Yang
Seven WORDS

I LOVE THE ANIMATION LOVE THE MANGA!
Elizabeth
so in this episode Lawrence has to pay back his debt that he got swindled on and decides to smuggle gold in the sheep's stomach so nobody will be the wiser. I'm really enjoying this series and hope it stays fantastic.
Kate
Better than the cliffhanger part left on the last volume. Here Lawrence and Holo may have created a plan to get out of debt. They become closer and more determined throughout the book.
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Stephy
Stephy marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Katlynn Holmes
Katlynn Holmes marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Naailah Patel
Naailah Patel marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
Emma H
Emma H marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
Butterflieswings
Butterflieswings marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
Alaina
Alaina added it
May 09, 2015
  • 涼宮ハルヒの驚愕 (前) (Haruhi Suzumiya, #10)
  • Kieli, Volume 2: White Wake on the Sand
  • K-ON! College
  • Chobits: Omnibus, Vol. 2
  • Oh My Goddess! Volume 7: The Queen of Vengeance
  • Shoulder-a-Coffin Kuro, Volume 1
  • Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, Vol. 08 (Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, #8)
  • R.O.D. Read or Dream 1 (R.O.D. Read or Dream, #1)
  • Kaze Hikaru, Volume 2

Spice & Wolf: Manga (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Spice & Wolf, Vol. 1 (Spice & Wolf: Manga, #1)
  • Spice & Wolf, Vol. 2 (Spice & Wolf: Manga, #2)
  • Spice & Wolf, Vol. 3 (Spice & Wolf: Manga, #3)
  • Spice & Wolf, Vol. 4 (Spice & Wolf: Manga, #4)
  • Spice & Wolf, Vol. 6 (Spice & Wolf: Manga, #6)
  • Spice & Wolf, Vol. 7 (Spice & Wolf: Manga, #7)
  • Spice & Wolf, Vol. 8 (Spice & Wolf: Manga, #8)
  • 狼と香辛料 9
  • Spice & Wolf, Vol. 10 (Spice & Wolf: Manga, #10)
  • 狼と香辛料 11
Spice and Wolf, Vol. 1 Spice & Wolf, Vol. 1 (Spice & Wolf: Manga, #1) Spice & Wolf, Vol. 2 Spice & Wolf, Vol. 3 Spice & Wolf, Vol. 4