Start by marking “Cara, cara Brenda. Lettere d'amore di Henry Miller a Brenda Venus” as Want to Read:
Cara, cara Brenda. Lettere d'amore di Henry Miller a Brenda Venus

Cara, cara Brenda. Lettere d'amore di Henry Miller a Brenda Venus

3.32 of 5 stars 3.32  ·  rating details  ·  108 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Paperback, Tempo ritrovato, 159 pages
Published October 1986 by Feltrinelli (first published 1986)

Be the first to ask a question about Cara, cara Brenda. Lettere d'amore di Henry Miller a Brenda Venus

robxyz
Sono indeciso tra queste conclusioni: - uno scrittore ormai anziano conosce una giovane e bella attrice e se ne innamora perdutamente scrivendole lettere d'amore e di passione proibita. - Henry Miller a 84 anni si rincoglionisce per una attricetta e scrive lettere francamente imbarazzanti per dichiararle il suo desiderio ardente. - Una delle tante aspiranti starlette in giro per la California capisce che puo' guadagnarci qualcosa e sta al gioco conservando tutte le lettere che un grandissimo scr ...more
Brian Fagan
What a fascinating look into one of literatures most notorious lotharios. It has everything you could expect from Miller. Overuse of the word 'cunt,' fantasies about different women holding his pecker, and he's a man in his mid to late 80s talking to a woman more than half his age.

But, it's also romantic. In the end the love Miller had for this woman. Brenda Venus, kept him alive past his expiration date. I agree with what I think is the point of this book, and probably Miller's overall career,
Ametista
Henry Miller indirizzò queste lettere a Brenda Venus, scrivendo del suo amore come un uomo che si innamora per la prima volta.
Sono pagine in cui, pur essendo vecchio ed ammalato, Miller non manca di ottimismo, continua a mostrarsi l'uomo traboccante di vita che abbiamo conosciuto nelle altre opere.
Jan
Just a little ways into this book. I have read one of Henry Miller's books and liked it. I am not to sure about this book, which is love letter's to Brenda Venus. Not real great so far. Not recommended.
jason levins
Oct 24, 2007 jason levins rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who take craps daily
This is hard to classify. Why the hell is drooling over this chick, hes about to fucking die! the energy and intense emotion that he carried all the way to his ending years baffles me.
Lorena Drapeau
what a great insight into this amazing mans thoughts. granted he comes off as a horny old man--- but we don't have brenda's letters to see what she may have encourage him in ;)
Summer Rae Garcia
Ick. I adore Henry Miller, as long as he is edited. This was awful, I hate seeing him as a pitiful old pervert exposed in personal letters. He was a nutty old bastard.
Arsalan Javad
I am looking for this book to read! Like a man looking for water!
Antigonal
Since i read it, i fell in love with henry miler <3
One of my favorites.
Phillip
Phillip marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
ΑνναΦ
ΑνναΦ marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Brian Allen
Brian Allen marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Tea White
Tea White marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Fjaldabbaghgmail.com
Fjaldabbaghgmail.com marked it as to-read
May 01, 2014
Alpik
Alpik marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
Kirill
Kirill marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2014
Christopher Hildebrand
Christopher Hildebrand marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Henry Miller sought to reestablish the freedom to live without the conventional restraints of civilization. His books are potpourris of sexual description, quasi-philosophical speculation, reflection on literature and society, surrealistic imaginings, and autobiographical incident.

After living in Paris in the 1930s, he returned to the United States and settled in Big Sur, Calif. Miller's first tw
More about Henry Miller...
Tropic of Cancer Tropic of Capricorn Sexus (The Rosy Crucifixion, #1) Black Spring Plexus (The Rosy Crucifixion, #2)