Start by marking “The Matrimony Plan” as Want to Read:
The Matrimony Plan

The Matrimony Plan

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Society Princess— and a Penniless Preacher?

Felicity Kensington is preparing for the grandest wedding Pearlman, Michigan, has ever seen. True, her prospective husband is virtually a stranger. But the well–connected engineer her father hired fits all her marriage criteria. Except for one tiny flaw: it's the town's new pastor, not the wealthy engineer, who makes Felicity's he
Published August 2nd 2011 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Matrimony Plan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Matrimony Plan

Second Chance Cinderella by Carla CapshawGolden Daughter by Anne Elisabeth StenglVixen by Jillian LarkinIngenue by Jillian LarkinAnnie’s Stories by Cindy Thomson
Why we don't dress like that? (Part 11)
23rd out of 109 books — 13 voters
The Measure of a Lady by Deeanne GistA Great Catch by Lorna SeilstadOnce Upon a Prince by Rachel HauckThe Fairest Beauty by Melanie DickersonFull Steam Ahead by Karen Witemeyer
The Best Christian Romances
101st out of 104 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

Fedora
Felicity Kensington is the daughter of the wealthiest, most influential man in town. Her mother's working over time to make sure Felicity has the best of everything--most importantly education and the opportunity to marry well. Felicity feels understandably smothered and longs to marry, if only to get away from this stifling family.

Gabriel Meeks is the new pastor in town. He's strangely smitten with Felicity from their first meeting, but recognizes that attraction is no match for their obvious d
April Suter
1920's Michigan finds Felicity desparately needing a husband before fall when her mother is sending her a a prestigous art school. She meets Gabriel Meeks, first, who is the new minister in town. She really wants Mr. Robert Blivens, an engineer and someone more appropriate for her family status. But when she saves the dog, Slinky, he grabs her heart and maybe Gabe, too. Felicity learns many new things about her family and most importantly learns trusting in God is the most important.
279 pages
Christina
Great story. I couldn't put it down. It was so interesting. There is alot going on in this story: bootlegging, orphan trains. There are also many twists and turns that had me guessing until the end to figure out the truth.
Brandy
This one was interesting for me. I've NEVER read anything by this author....It was one of those that, I really had to GIVE A CHANCE!!!....Slow to start! And although I LOVED and adored pastor Gabriel Meeks, I had a hard time warming up to the heroine, Felicity Kensington, who started out, (to me), concited. Wanting to MARRY FOR MONEY! Even though she had this AMAZING guy in Gabriel, who liked her right away, and she liked him, refusing to give him the time of day because he was 'a poor pastor.'. ...more
Sandra
This is the first of Christine Johnson's novels I've read, but I'm thinking it won't be the last one. Set in 1920, this story grabs the reader with the first paragraph: "Today, Felicity Kensington was going to meet her future husband. He didn't know this yet, of course, but he had a full two months to come to that conclusion." Boy, does she have a surprise coming! Can anyone repeat, "The best laid plans..."?

Poor, little rich girl Felicity is desperate to get out from under the control of her mo
Paula-O
This story began as Felicity is contemplating marriage and the two men recently come to town. She chooses too quickly by appearances more then anything and gets herself into hot water when she finds herself becoming attracted to the other young man whom she believes to be a penniless preacher. Remember looks can be decieving and that is definately the case here. great story with a surprise ending from Christine Johnson called "The Matrimony Plan".
Heather
I enjoyed this one. It's cute and clean. I enjoyed how she wanted to marry one man (for security and wealth) but fell in love with another. I liked the twists and turns of who the bad guys were or were not. I LOVE, LOVE the guy she fell in love with! I guess this was just lacking a little bit of substance or drama that keeps it from a five star read. Don't know that it's one I'd re-read, but it was enjoyable for a one time read.
Brittany
I received this book through the First Reads giveaway program on Goodreads.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love historical romances. The men (most) are gentlemen, the ladies proper and the love is innocent and sweet. I enjoyed being transported to Michigan durning the 1920's during prohibition, to the small town where everyone knows everyone, which proves to not always be a good things...at first!

Jamie
I enjoyed the book, although I was a bit confused by the end of the first chapter. The story was far from being another predictable romance. Christine kept my interest through the whole book. Great twist ending to a great romance.
Lynn Spencer
3.5 stars This book falls into that B-/C+ range for me. Overall, it's a very sweet story and I enjoyed the 1920 setting, as it's one I don't find too often in romance. Felicity Kensington is the daughter of the richest family in Pearlman, Michigan and her very ambitious mother has plans for her to attend art school in New York. However, art school is Felicity's mother dream that she never got to realize for herself and Felicity just doesn't have an interest in art. Her main interest seemed to be ...more
Westerville
I found this adorable. And while the ending was somewhat predictable, the route to get there was not. Really cute. - Nieca, Librarian

Reserve a library copy!
Nieca
Book 2 of my designated review reads... I found this adorable. And while the ending was somewhat predictable, the route to get there was not. Really cute.
Chantelle
Chantelle marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Marianne Maughan
Marianne Maughan marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Kylie Nix
Kylie Nix marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Delorra
Delorra marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Melody
Melody marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Susan M
Susan M marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Cindy
Cindy added it
Aug 26, 2014
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
Don
Don marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Jenna
Jenna marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Marrying Miss Marshal
  • The Doctor's Mission
  • Kansas Courtship (After the Storm: The Founding Years, #3)
  • The Reluctant Outlaw (Smoky Mountain Matches, #1)
  • Love on the Range
  • An Honorable Gentleman
  • Loving Bella (Charity House, #3)
  • Her Captain's Heart (Gabriel Sisters, #1)
  • The Wedding Journey (Irish Brides, # 1)
  • The Captain's Lady
  • The Aristocrat's Lady
  • A Convenient Wife
  • The Substitute Bride
  • The Governess and Mr. Granville (The Parson's Daughters, #2)
  • The Blackmailed Bride
  • Unlawfully Wedded Bride
  • The Unlikely Wife (Bowen, #2)
  • The Doctor Takes a Wife (Brides of Simpson Creek, #2)
Christine Johnson grew up in small-town Michigan, where tales rise taller than old-growth forest. God blessed her with a love of story, which thus far has led to two RWA Golden Heart® award finals and publication with Steeple Hill’s Love Inspired Historical line. When not at the computer keyboard, she loves to explore God’s majestic creation.
More about Christine Johnson...
Soaring Home The Marriage Barter (Orphan Train, #2) All Roads Lead Home Legacy of Love Groom by Design (Dressmaker's Daughters, #1)