Henry and Mudge and Annie's Perfect Pet (Henry and Mudge, #20)

Henry and Mudge and Annie's Perfect Pet (Henry and Mudge #20)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  218 ratings  ·  16 reviews
What's the perfect pet for a careful cousin?
In Henry and Mudge's twentieth adventure, Henry wants to find the perfect pet for his cousin Annie. Annie needs a pet that's soft and dry and doesn't fly -- one that's quiet and careful, just like Annie. What could that be?
Published February 1st 2001 by Simon Spotlight (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Henry and Mudge and Annie's Perfect Pet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Henry and Mudge and Annie's Perfect Pet

Libby
We've been reading lots of Henry and Mudge along with Mr. Putter and Tabby, and this week's installment seems like it might become a favorite. I think they particularly liked it in part because they already knew all the characters at this point...but finding a perfect pet for Annie was also a fun topic. Oh, and they laughed at Henry's father trying to think of a pet that could tap dance!
Edward Creter
Henry's next door neighbor Annie loves big ol' Mudge, but she wants her own pet, so Henry has the perfect solution: a bunny named Snowball. A wondrous treat for Mudge fans.
Claudia
(CIP) Although Henry’s cousin Annie likes his dog Mudge, when she gets her own pet she decides that a bunny will be perfect for her.

(Claudia) Another pleasant easy reader set in the gentle, all-white world of Henry and Mudge and their families, with enough action – set amongst Stevenson’s colorful, expressive illustrations – to keep a beginning reader engaged through to the end of the last “chapter.” Gr. 1-2.

(SLJ) "A quiet and careful offering that is sure to please."

(Hornbook) "Cheerily illustr...more
Child960801
Henry and Mudge help Annie find the perfect pet. This book leads into the campion series, Annie and Snowball.
J.J.
Somehow I see my daughter wanting to getting a bunny now. YIKES!
Karen Stanford
I really enjoy the Henry and Mudge Series and Annie's Perfect Pet has the same wonderful illustrations as the others. I found this particular book seems more suited to girls than boys although anyone who has read the series would probably enjoy this one as well. Because of the higher vocabulary I would recommend this for seven and eight years old.
Christy Whitaker
I like Rylant's use of adjectives ( ex. big, drooly, soft, warm, etc.) and stylistic writing (using commas, as well as and multiple times in a series) in this book. I also liked that she divided the story into mini chapters/sections. This method prepares children for chapter books.
Rachel
Henry’s cousin, Annie, wants her very own pet more than anything, but her father works and cannot take care of a dog during the day. Henry consults his parents about this dilemma, and together they come up with the perfect pet for Annie.
Dolly
Feb 09, 2009 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: 2009, childrens, pets
Cute story about matching a person with the perfect pet for them. Great book for beginning readers! Our girls just adore these books; we've read this one a few times and they always ask for a bunny after we read it.
Johannes Kristian
MCL. It was funny because the dog was dancing with Henry's father. But dogs cannot dance and they only crawl. Jaeger says they only sit and stand.
Amy Olson
This is a great book for beginner readers! This book is also perfect for a lesson on how to use the table of contents.
Lizzy Lan
Cute story in which Henry and Annie search the pet store for the perfect pet for her. She ends up choosing a bunny!
Jessie
I think this was my favourite Henry and Mudge book.
Nik
I liked the illustrations.
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Rachel
Rachel added it
Sep 09, 2014
Maddie Claire
Maddie Claire marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Kim Werner
Kim Werner marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Fat Cat Sat on the Mat
  • The Cat in the Hat the Movie!: Cooking with the Cat
  • Froggy Bakes a Cake
  • Nate the Great Goes Undercover
  • Amelia Bedelia Goes Camping
  • Amelia Bedelia, Bookworm
  • The African Safari Discovery (Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventure, #6)
  • Pete the Cat: Pete at the Beach
  • There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed Fly Guy (Fly Guy, #4)
  • Splat the Cat: Splat the Cat Sings Flat
  • Dodsworth in New York
  • Thomas and the School Trip (Thomas & Friends)
  • Biscuit Visits the Big City
  • Penguin Puzzle (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #8)
An author of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry for children and young adults as well as an author and author/illustrator of picture books for children, Cynthia Rylant is recognized as a gifted writer who has contributed memorably to several genres of juvenile literature. A prolific author who often bases her works on her own background, especially on her childhood in the West Virginia mountains, she...more
More about Cynthia Rylant...
The Relatives Came Missing May When I Was Young in the Mountains Henry and Mudge: The First Book (Henry and Mudge, #1) Old Town in the Green Groves: Laura Ingalls Wilder's Lost Little House Years