Start by marking “Naoki Urasawa's 20th Century Boys, Volume 17 (20th Century Boys, #17)” as Want to Read:
Naoki Urasawa's 20th Century Boys, Volume 17 (20th Century Boys, #17)

Naoki Urasawa's 20th Century Boys, Volume 17 (20th Century Boys #17)

This is the story of a group of boys who try to save the world! As boys, Kenji and his friends came up with a bunch of stories about an evil organization bent on world destruction. As adults, someone is now turning their fantasies into reality!

Reads R to L (Japanese Style).

It is the third year of the Friendship Era. Darkness covers the earth, and the world is under the co
Published October 11th 2011 by VIZ Media (first published October 29th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Naoki Urasawa's 20th Century Boys, Volume 17, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Naoki Urasawa's 20th Century Boys, Volume 17

Malapata
Oct 08, 2016 Malapata rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic
Tras el último salto temporal el interés ha bajado bastante.
Mikael Kuoppala
Jul 17, 2013 Mikael Kuoppala rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
After the phenomenally rich-in-plot "Beyond the Looking-Glass" the Urasawa allows us to take in the once again overturned setup of the series with "Cross-counter" which is a bit lighter on plot and slower on pace than is the norm for the series. The focus is still very much on the characters and we do indeed get gradually forward in the story all the time.

We find out what has happened to some of the protagonist after the dramatic events of "Expo Hurray" and get to know more about our latest hero
dhani  Machfud
Jan 10, 2010 dhani Machfud rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Salah satu komik paling cerdas yg pernah gw baca...Authornya Urasawa Naoki emang terkenal sih ama crita2nya yang 'berat' untuk ukuran manga,..biasanya gw males baca komik (selain komik sejarah dan detektif) tapi apa yg diceritakan di komik ini bener2 membuat gw salut..they're talkin about NEW WORLD ORDER...tapi disini gak diceritakan tentang Freemason nor Illuminati, tapi diganti dengan 'sahabat' (liat aja lambangnya mata satu gitu). Komik terbitan tahun 2000 tapi ceritanya tentang kontrol popul ...more
Joy
Feb 20, 2012 Joy rated it really liked it
নাজমুল হাসান
This one was really depressing until the last chapter. The "Friend Era" can be deemed as hell for the common people. All around the world people start killing each other over the vaccine. We get a glimpse of that through Shogun's eye. Also the class difference and discrimination through Detective Chouno's eye. It seems like even Kanna has given up hope and is running toward a suicide mission. But wait, the story isn't over yet. Cause good guys never dies, justice always prevails. And we get a hi ...more
Fredrik Strömberg
Feb 09, 2014 Fredrik Strömberg rated it really liked it
Slower in pace than last volume, which actually makes me enjoy it more. Urazawa presents us with a great dystopic future, and weaves back an forth between multiple time eras seemingly effortlessly. And he now also juggles a great many major characters without the storyline becoming muddled. A great feat indeed.
Jesus Flores
Jul 25, 2016 Jesus Flores rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Its back to the kids that found Otcho, some years after the Amigo miracle resurrection and all the death of the second virus. So we se how the people on Amigos side control things, they kill people. We find about Kana Kendo, and also about the posibility of one huge reveal on the story.

As always Urasawa delivers a great story in the chapters here presented.

5 stars
Norman Cook
Feb 09, 2015 Norman Cook rated it it was amazing
The resistance, led by the mysterious Ice Queen, is planning something big, but spies have infiltrated their organization and it's up to Sanae to find the secret headquarters and warn the Ice Queen before it's too late. Meanwhile, on the northern border, the fascist security forces are about to meet Yabuki Joe. But can anyone stop the nightmare at this point?
Ashley
Jan 21, 2016 Ashley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There were several times during this volume when I thought to myself, "Really? Would it really be this bad?" I think that's a common question people ask when they look at a dystopian world, and we really don't know the answer. However, the author didn't persuade me. Other than those points, I loved the new sibling characters and OF COURSE I loved the last chapter.
Brad
Apr 21, 2015 Brad rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a brave new world that has such people in it, and now, after so many years, there's one I'm very happy to see again. I really believed he had died on that fateful night. Music truly does make the world go round. I can honestly say that my own spirits lifted by the end of this dark volume.
Cel Red
Aug 16, 2016 Cel Red rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Uno de los mejores momentos de toda la historia es la última página de este volumen y solo por esa página las 5 estrellas.

El resto del volumen es muy pesimista y conocemos cómo es la nueva era de Amigo.

"La justicia nunca muere."
Rhaenys
Rhaenys rated it liked it
Nov 09, 2014
Paulina
Paulina rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2013
Daniel
Daniel rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2012
Tony Di genova
Tony Di genova rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2013
Daniel
Daniel rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2013
JenniferRuth
JenniferRuth rated it liked it
Feb 16, 2011
Emilvis
Emilvis rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2017
Bloody
Bloody rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2012
S
S rated it it was amazing
Oct 31, 2014
April
April rated it liked it
Sep 11, 2016
Mimbo
Mimbo rated it liked it
Jan 19, 2013
Martin Sommer
Martin Sommer rated it it was amazing
Oct 27, 2013
Filipe
Filipe rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2015
Trece
Trece rated it it was amazing
Feb 13, 2013
Peter
Peter rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2016
Hengky
Hengky rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2008
Nitami
Nitami rated it it was ok
Mar 17, 2013
Liesbeth Vermander
Liesbeth Vermander rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2013
Dan Grendell
Dan Grendell rated it it was ok
Aug 03, 2009
  • Mushishi, Vol. 3
  • Black Jack, Vol. 3
  • Planetes, Volume 2 (Planetes, #2)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 06 (Yotsuba&! #6)
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 07
  • The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service, Volume 3
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 10 (Battle Royale, #10)
  • Vagabond, Volume 13
Urasawa Naoki ( 浦沢 直樹) is a Japanese mangaka. He is perhaps best known for Monster (which drew praise from Junot Díaz, the 2008 Pulitzer Prize winner) and 20th Century Boys.

Urasawa's work often concentrates on intricate plotting, interweaving narratives, a deep focus on character development and psychological complexity. Urasawa has won the Shogakukan Manga Award, the Japan Media Arts Festival ex
More about Naoki Urasawa...

20th Century Boys (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 1 (20th Century Boys, #1)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 2 (20th Century Boys, #2)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 3 (20th Century Boys, #3)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 4 (20th Century Boys, #4)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 5 (20th Century Boys, #5)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 6 (20th Century Boys, #6)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 7 (20th Century Boys, #7)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 8 (20th Century Boys, #8)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 9 (20th Century Boys, #9)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 10 (20th Century Boys, #10)