Start by marking “A Tale of Two Lives The Susan Lefevre Fugitive Story” as Want to Read:
A Tale of Two Lives The Susan Lefevre Fugitive Story

A Tale of Two Lives The Susan Lefevre Fugitive Story

3.55  ·  Rating Details  ·  76 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
As a wife, mother, and community activist, Susan LeFevre stood to lose everything - her life, her family, and her reputation. As a falsely accused drug lord, escaped convict, and hunted felon from the Michigan Department of Correction, incarceration was never far from her consciousness.
Sent to prison at age 19 on a minor drug offense-a 10-to-20-year sentence after she'd be
Published (first published March 24th 2011)

Be the first to ask a question about A Tale of Two Lives The Susan Lefevre Fugitive Story

Nancye
Apr 13, 2011 Nancye rated it really liked it
This book was a good read to me more because it exposes the horific prison system in Michigan than because of the author's personal story. The author gives a voice to the thousands of women sitting in jails because of minor infractions (shoplifting etc.) while child molesters and murders are out in two years. I would recommend because of this.
Connie
Jun 05, 2011 Connie rated it it was amazing
This is a biography about a lady I saw on the Oprah about 2 months ago. It is quite a story. "Susan" is arrested for selling drugs. She was told if she pleaded guilty she would get probation for year. She does this, even though she is innocent and is instead sent to prison for 10-20 years. She escapes a year later and becomes "Marie". She marries, has children and her family knows nothing of her past. She is found 30+ years after escaping. (All of this was told on the Oprah show - it's just the ...more
Kim
Jun 20, 2011 Kim rated it liked it
Shelves: true
Not sure how I ended up reading 2 prison books in a row, but I did! Interesting memoir that made me angry at the criminal justice system. Appalling how the guards tormented her in prison and sad how so many women will never escape the system w/o the infrastructure that Marie Walsh has. And what a waste of money to lock up minor offenders for so long!
Carolynn
Oct 22, 2011 Carolynn rated it really liked it
Interesting story well worth the read.
torie conino
Feb 21, 2014 torie conino rated it really liked it
Good read

A fascinating, somewhat tragic story that reveals an ugly truth about Michigan's prison system, that definitely needed to be told.
Nick
Mar 27, 2015 Nick rated it liked it
What I was looking for in this book was just how can you keep a secret like this from those closest to for so long and at what cost. I would have liked more about that but it was covered. What I didn't know before the book was just how awful and unsupportive Susan's parents were!! And just how awful and broken the prison system is! What I didn't realize was that Michigan's is even worse.
Beth
May 05, 2013 Beth rated it did not like it
Poorly written; badly in need of a decent editor.

The prison system she describes is appalling, and yet Walsh/Lefevre's whiny "victim" attitude makes it difficult to engender much sympathy for her.
Katy
Katy rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2016
Erin Bennett
Erin Bennett rated it liked it
Apr 03, 2016
Lauren Leibenguth
Lauren Leibenguth rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2016
Tang
Tang rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2016
Sara
Sara rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Catherine Macmillan
Catherine Macmillan rated it liked it
Oct 31, 2015
Megan
Megan rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2015
Mary Molicki
Mary Molicki marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2015
Alison Mathena
Alison Mathena rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2015
Milly Dias
Milly Dias marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Joanne Cioroch
Joanne Cioroch rated it liked it
Aug 04, 2015
Christy
Christy is currently reading it
Jun 17, 2016
Kelli Reed
Kelli Reed marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2015
Kendra
Kendra marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Leisa
Leisa rated it did not like it
May 13, 2015
Susie Ross
Susie Ross rated it really liked it
May 07, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Apr 21, 2015
Audrey
Audrey marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Audrey
Audrey rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2015
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015