Start by marking “Top 10 Amsterdam” as Want to Read:
Top 10 Amsterdam

Top 10 Amsterdam

3.93  ·  Rating Details  ·  85 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Drawing on the same standards of accuracy as the acclaimed DK Eyewitness Travel Guides, The DK Top 10 Guides use exciting colorful photography and excellent cartography to provide a reliable and useful pocket-sized travel. Dozens of Top 10 lists provide vital information on each destination, as well as insider tips, from avoiding the crowds to finding out the freebies, The ...more
Published January 3rd 2011 by DK Publishing, Inc. (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Top 10 Amsterdam, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Top 10 Amsterdam

Alison
Dec 30, 2014 Alison rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm a big fan of all the Top 10 books from DK Publishing. They give you great suggestions for daily itineraries and places to eat along the way. Perfect way to get to know a new city.
Joan
Jan 30, 2016 Joan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As always, great information in a concise format. This will go with me on my trip to Amsterdam.
Beth
Sep 24, 2011 Beth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: travel, bookcrossing
Another awesome book in the DK Eyewitness travel series. I love the colorful, accurate maps, the color-coded sections with brief, but helpful tidbits to help plan a visit, and the small compact size of the book overall. I also love the fold out maps in the front and back (which also serve as bookmarks) and the fact that all the pages are just a little bit "waxy" to help keep them from tearing so easily or getting dirty/wet. I wouldn't buy any other brand of travel guide book (I've tried, and was ...more
NK
Jan 25, 2016 NK rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So helpful to bring this book w/ me while traveling.
Michael Lawrence
Jul 09, 2008 Michael Lawrence rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone going to visit the Netherlands.
Recommended to Michael by: Some dude
Shelves: non-fiction
This was a great book for preparing my trip to Amsterdam with my lovely girlfriend Jenn. Who I might add gave me the trip as a 30th b-day gift cause she is awesome!

It was a top 10 list of just about everything. Food, drinks, coffee shops, museums, canals, churches etc. Not as good as the irreverant guide which was more politically incorrect and therefore a better guide to Amsterdam.. but a nice little guide book nonetheless.

Natalie Moore Goodison
Would definitely recommend DK eyewitness to anyone wanting to travel. The "top ten" series especially make things concise and easy to orient. Maps great, all of them, esp. transport. Best thing it recommended was a wee pub from the Middle Ages named 'the monkeys' after sailors used to pay their tabs with exotic merchandise, sometimes a monkey.
James
Apr 18, 2009 James rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great series of guides if looking for a place to begin your exploration of the great cities of the world. If your time is limited, these guides help you to select the important places/events you may not want to miss. Certainly helped in our online searches for information.
Tracy
Nov 13, 2011 Tracy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a quick read that allows one to start planning where to go and what to do in Amsterdam. The book is organized well, provides a great introduction to the layout of the city, and has a helpful list of Dutch phrases with pronunciation help.
Jens
Aug 19, 2007 Jens rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Tourists
Shelves: non-fiction
The Top 10 series is my favorite kind of guidebook. It's concise, to the point, and the various recommendations are easily accessed.
Amy
Feb 01, 2010 Amy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: how-to
This was a handy guide to carry while I toured Amsterdam. It had lots of useful information yet wasn't too bulky to keep with me.
Helena
Oct 23, 2014 Helena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A little out of date but really good to have an idea of what to see in Amsterdam!
Katie
Aug 19, 2009 Katie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Number 11: the "Littlest Stuffy" souvenir
Jenn
Jun 04, 2008 Jenn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: travel
Pretty good for a weekend trip.
Amanda
Amanda is currently reading it
Feb 06, 2016
Miss Rebecca Sanders
Miss Rebecca Sanders rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2016
Marek
Marek rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2016
Mrs Sarah Boxford
Mrs Sarah Boxford rated it it was amazing
Dec 08, 2015
Valerie Chamberlain
Valerie Chamberlain rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2015
Melanie Harvey
Melanie Harvey rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2015
Anca Filip
Anca Filip rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2015
Julia
Julia rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2015
Sue
Sue rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2015
Kasi
Kasi added it
Aug 02, 2015
Greg Sheridan
Greg Sheridan rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2015