Start by marking “Stay (Callie Rose #1)” as Want to Read:
Stay (Callie Rose #1)
read ebook

Stay (Callie Rose #1)

3.39 of 5 stars 3.39  ·  rating details  ·  312 ratings  ·  43 reviews
Callie is shocked when she is ripped from her home in the middle of the night. She is taken to a city that she never knew existed only to find that she has a strange connection to her sexy captor. To top it all off, he tries to convince her that she is not even human. She learns that she is actually a fairy. Not just any fairy, but a fairy who has been destined to become q...more
Published March 25th 2011 by C.C. Jackson (first published February 25th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Stay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stay

Silence by Becca FitzpatrickClockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareCity of Lost Souls by Cassandra ClareCity of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa
COME OUT ALRLEADY!!
119th out of 258 books — 278 voters
Wither by Lauren DeStefanoEntwined by Heather DixonSilence by Becca FitzpatrickDie for Me by Amy PlumAnna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
Best Book Covers 2011
332nd out of 719 books — 3,078 voters

More lists with this book...

Christa
It has been a long time since I have had the time to sit down and just be a book critic, not properly anyway. Without a doubt I knew that I had to write this just so that I would remember the time I read a book outside of Walmart on BlackFriday, if nothing else.

Stay by C.C. Jackson, I have to say was a okay read, it kept me entertained even if the plot was erratic and predictable (if that makes sense).

The title pulled me in from the start (and it was seriously a cheap buy on bn.com). I picked i...more
Talizmyn
Why is there a butterfly on the cover of a book about fairies?

There's a few things that are a little odd, with Stay. The main issue for me was the writing style, as well as the characters reactions to both each other and the situations. The writing is far too formal, and at times it was as if I am reading a very serious textbook - if this is Callie's voice, she does not speak as a teen or young adult would. Other times, sentences end abruptly and the tense changes. It's just awkward.

Additionall...more
Hannah-Linn
The very first thought I had about this book, before reading it: "Why would there be a picture of a butterfly on the cover of a fairy book?" I think that maybe I should have taken it as a sign, but I still bought it.

And this book, was kind of stupid. I didn't really like it all that much. Kailen was stupid and mean when you think he is nice, Brokk apparently is this though bodyguard guy that repeatedly gets beat up.

Ok, I haven't ripped into Brokk enough. I want to make fun of him some more. He...more
Andrea
Stay is a nice fantasy read. C.C. Jackson did an excellent job of setting the scenes for her story. When she described the underground fey world., I was all but transported there. I could almost smell the earth, feel the the moisture of the dank walls, feel the rush of the air as Callie learn to fly.
I love strong female characters. When Callie first learns about her secret heritage, she is hesitant to stay and learn to fight for what is rightfully hers. But as she becomes accustomed to the ide...more
Amanda
Enchantingly Cute! Very Fast Read with some editing issues. But overall I enjoyed the story. It's about a girl who must overcome major changes in her life, her parents death, and finding out she's a fairy princess that everyone is depending on to take back her thrown. I would be interested in reading more about these characters.....
Lisa
This was a super fast read for me. It was a really enjoyable book and I will read the other books in the series when they come out. Not the greatest book I've read, but still a good read. I'm a sucker for anything faerie! :)
Dana
Callie's life is about to to be flipped upside down. She wakes up with a stranger in her room; thinking it was her imagination until she's ripped from her bed and drug through the swamp and woods then underground tunnels. She discovers her capture's name is Brokk and amazingly enough he's her betrothed. He misguidedly and shall I say unceremoniously dumps her at the steps of the palace for her to be sequestered by the reigning queen Lilith...

She manages and escape and then is taken in by the exi...more
Melanie
Penelope Fletcher
Jun 22, 2011 Penelope Fletcher rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who like cute, short reads.
Mariam
Stay by C.C. Jackson follows a girl, Callie Rose, ripped from her home in the middle of the night and forced into the world of the fae-a world she once belonged to, but has long since forgotten.

I bought this book because it was only 99 cents and came highly recommended by a couple friends. While the dialogue came off as a little too formal in my opinion (after all, this is a young adult book), Stay was fast-paced and a truly quick read-I finished it in two hours.

I absolutely cannot stand weak...more
Jackie
Stay was a decent short read although the writing was lacking a few things. The book is written in first person as Callie as the protagonist. It was an enjoyable read but not a remarkable debut. Honestly, Jackson would done a better effort in the book was greatly developed. The story moved on very quickly and the characters were poorly identified. C.C Jackson's writing within the dialogue was dull. It seems as though Jackson rushed through the dialogue but the story was good.

This book is about a...more
Okay, Stay is pretty quick-paced to say the least. Callie is kidnapped on like the second page, then she's taken to Petrona and proposed to on like the twentieth page? I wont go into all the nitty-gritty details, but let me tell you, there are plenty. I feel like all of the information in this one book could have - and maybe should have - been divided up into its own little saga.

As a result of Jackson's bombardingly rapid movement of plot, exploring certain events and characters is pretty much o...more
Shawna LeAnn
This book was a great short read. I picked it up and finished it within a few hours. It flows really well and keeps you turning the page for more, because you just have to know what is going to happen to Callie next.

My only problem with this book was how easily it all did flow. Sure, you had your fair share of battles or problems to face, but they all got resolved quite quickly. I would have loved to seen the big battle at the end, be a little more, well, big. But, it does leave you wondering if...more
Everybookhasasoul
Stay is a brilliant fantasy novel. C.C. Jackson does a brilliant job of setting and maintaining the scene throughout the novel. I was instantly transported to this world and was able to stay there for the whole novel.

All the characters have a purpose within the novel and each is described so vividly that they become alive within your imagination.

I did feel that parts of the novel where rushed and more time should of been spent on these areas. For example Callie’s training and confrontation with...more
iamjenai
Faeries! I agreed to read and review this book because I love faeries! Stay is about a "human girl" who was taken from her home in the middle of the night by Brokk, a very attractive fae guard of the tyrant queen fae.

Callie, the main character learns that she's actually a princess in the fae world. According to Brokk, she is summoned by the queen fae to formally introduce her to her people. It was too late when they realize that the queen wanted to kill her (and her parents) because of the proph...more
Shaine
This is an unfair rating and review because I've only read about a couple of pages of this book. I just can't bring myself to go on. Callie is just so darn annoying and unrealistic. I can't seem to get over the fact that callie is crushing on the guy who snatched her from her bed, a stranger who kidnapped her. Is she afraid? No. She thinks the stranger who snatched her has beautiful blue eyes. And oh, that he seems to be sad and in pain. Is this girl for real? I literally (not figuratively) slap...more
Candace (Lovey Dovey Books)
I really enjoyed reading Stay. Callie was an interesting character. She was very determined when she was set on getting something done and I admired that about her. When it came to Callie taking care of people and sticking up for herself she was phenomenal!

I was so disappointed in Kailen. I had really high hopes for him. :(
Oh well. Tha language in the book seemed so proper and then Callie will say something like "I hate your freaking guts!" It was really hard trying to hear the characters voices...more
♈Adrianne
Stay is a fae story of Calliope (Callie) Rose who is taken from her home in the middle of the night, by a sexy abductor, who just happens to be her betrothed. He, Brokk, was sent by the stand-in Queen, Lilith. Who, since the true Royals, Callie's parents, left for a better life, has been power tripping by raising taxes, pretty much just being a bitch to the kingdom. Callie goes to the palace but soon realizes that she's just the queen's prisoner. She escapes into the tunnels of far out Petrona....more
Ashton
Very Cute read! I loved how I was transported to this very unique world of The Fae.
Callie is just an ordinary girl, or so she thinks, until one night she is forcibly taken from the confines of her home, by an ultra attractive man. She can't help feeling the pull and attraction to him and is completely perplexed why. Callie learns from her captor that they are destined to be together, and that she is actually the heir to the throne in Petrona. The Land of The Fae. Fairies.
To make matters worse,...more
Erin
While it took me quite awhile to find this book, It was not what I was expecting. There way something’s were written left my mind reeling, but other than that it was a good easy read. So if you want to read a book that is quick and easy on the mind this is it!

This book is written in first person so if you are the kind of reader that minds that then this is not the book for you. The character development is their its just in the beginning stages and think that in the later books we will see more...more
Roseanne Wilkins
This was a first-reads giveaway. It didn't impact my review in any way, although it did stretch me into a genre I hadn't read before. If you like books about fairies, this would probably be an enjoyable read. I was hoping I would get past the wings to enjoy the story, but it wasn't like Harry Potter or Twilight where the story is more than the elements. Callie tended to solve her boy problems by punching them out, and I didn't think that was a healthy approach. Other than the female-on-male viol...more
Ali G
Extremely boring and slow. I put it down and didn't pick it back up for two weeks because I was so bored. Literally nothing happened the entire time.
janie
Jun 04, 2014 janie added it
cool
Mallory
This book was a nice twist to young adult books,with the protagonist Callie a likable character. It was somewhat a mystery because you can't trust anyone. Callie's change from an ordinary girl to a fairy princess was for the most part smooth despite several leaps. I don't particularly like love triangles,but this one came to my liking. Although it was a nice novel,some peaces such as instant love and Callie's ability to accept being kidnapped were too spontaneous.Overall an entertaining book
L. Carroll
4.5 rather than 4... Great story for MG/YA readers who love fae and fantasy! The plot was fun and lively, with wonderful descriptions.
At times it felt just a tiny bit rushed, and there were a few editing "oopses", but other than that, the story of Callie Rose was quite enjoyable, and I recommend it for those looking for an entertaining and romantic fantasy. I look forward to the further adventures author C.C. Jackson has in store for her characters in this series!
BookJunkie
This was a Good Reads " First Reads " Win for me.. I was kind of going into it not knowing what the out come would be it got mixed reviews by the readers.. Also about some of the miscorrections there was in the book.. I however LOVED it.. I laughed and I thought about the book when I was not able to be reading it.. I enjoyed it alot and the drama and situations that was brought into it.. I am looking forward to reading more by this author..
Kirby Hamann
I had a few problems with this book first off it kept going back and forth between two guys and both relationships where really rushed and her grammar! Gah I was getting so frustrated! Over all it was an okay read, it just felt like events were just thrown into there and it didn't run very smoothly at all. And another thing *SPOILER ALERT* we never met Callie's parents so I didn't feel a deep sadness when ever they died.
Carla Khoo
This is a short and fast paced book. The main character annoyed me (Kinda like Buffy out of the TV series, Buffy the Vampire Slayer) but I still really enjoyed it.

If you are kinda hanging around and want a light fantasy read, this is a good one to pick up. Mind you, the eBook I had was littered with typo's... and lord knows if 'I' see them, there must have been some pretty bad ones. You've been warned grammar natzis!!
Savannah

I was honestly a bit disappointed in this one. The characters were underdeveloped and the story and actions happened and then moved on to quickly for you to wonder about. A lot of it consisted of the author just stating what happened and not so much of a play by play of conversation. It was a cute read and I liked many parts, but it was not very well written and worth only the .99 cents I spent on it.
Cjgg
This is the first book that I have read in years. I know that sounds crazy but I never seem to have time to read anymore between work and kids. I started reading this one night at work on my iPhone and I COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN. Every free second that I got, I was pulling it up and reading it. I can't wait for the next book in the series. I hope that it's out soon!
  • Veiled (Veiled #1)
  • PineLight (PineLight, #1)
  • Airborne (Airborne Saga, #1)
  • Silver Moon (Silver Moon, #1)
  • Abithica
  • Beautiful Beings (Beautiful Beings, #1)
  • Sleight (AVRA-K #1)
  • Wide Awake (Academy of the Fallen, #1)
  • Vision
  • The Understorey (The Leaving #1)
  • Undead (Ever After Trilogy, #1)
  • Wayward (The Witch Wars Saga #1)
  • Forbidden Temptation of a Vampire: Sidhi Summer Camp Series
  • Soul Protector (Soul Protector #1)
  • Ember (Ember, #1)
  • Radiant Desire (Handmaid’s Seduction, #1)
  • Elemental Reality (Elemental, #1)
  • Bloodspell (Bloodspell, #1)
I am C.C. Jackson, I am an Indie Writer and the author of Stay, a paranormal romance novel for young adults.

In case you were wondering, I have been married to an awesome guy for almost 13 years. I have three not so little boys. They range in age from 10 to 18. They have been my biggest inspiration in my writing. From watching the three of them and their friends grow up, I have been able to dream...more
More about C.C. Jackson...
Stay