Start by marking “Life's Little Instruction Book: 511 Suggestions, Observations, and Reminders on How to Live a Happy and Rewarding Life” as Want to Read:

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  1,981 ratings  ·  86 reviews

H. Jackson Brown, Jr. originally wrote Life's Little Instruction Book™ as a gift for his son who was leaving home to begin his freshman year in college. Brown says, "I read years ago that it was not the responsibility of parents to pave the road for their children but to provide a road map, and I wanted to provide him with what I had learned about living a happy and reward

MP3 Book, 0 pages
Published January 1st 1992 by Phoenix Books, Inc (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Life's Little Instruction Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Life's Little Instruction Book

Sten Bolander
My folks gave this book to me on St. Patricks Day 1992. I have since read it. They made some notes throughout which made it extra special. My Dad even added a few at the end, "512 - Always date letters, papers and documents (still do this and kick myself when I don't), 513 - Wear sweaters instead of lighting fires, 514 - Be Happy, 515 - Be Swedish (from the full-blood Swede)." Dad added a quote as well from Ray Bradbury, "If we listened to our intellect, we would never have a love affair. We'd n ...more
Philopater
" ارشادات الحياة القصيرة" لــ جاكسون براون

كتاب رااائع ، عبارة عن نصائح قدمها لابنه وهو داخل الكلية ف اول سنة ليه ، النصائح مثيرة للفكر ، يعني تقعد تتسائل ، يا تري ليه بيقوله كده ؟؟ واشمعني يعملها بالطريقة دي ؟؟

وبتلاقي ان نصايحه مفيدة جدااااا ف الحياة :)
Mel
Some people said a books can change how people see their life and their ways of living, after reading this book I start to believe it's true. This is a simple little gem books, that inspires and reminds us of the importance of appreciating nature, treasuring life's little wonderful moments, and being kind to those around us.

*Spoiler Alert*

-----------------

Remember:

- “Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts.”

- “Don't f
Mukhtar Ibrahim
Oct 09, 2013 Mukhtar Ibrahim rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Mukhtar by: محمد بن عمران
93- اختر زوجتك بعناية ... لانها مسؤولة عن 90% من سعادتك او تعاستك
125- تعلم كيفية إرتداء ربطة العنق
156- اسعى للتفوق . .لا للكمال
171- لا تياس ابدا من احلامك . .فالرجل الذي يمتلك الاحلام الكبيرة خير من ذلك الذي يلتزم بالوقائع الصغيرة
212- لا تدع الهاتف يقطع اللحظات الهامة من حياتك .. ان الهاتف وجد لراحتك انت .. لا لراحة المتصل !
267- استلق على ظهرك وراقب النجوم
292- لا تدمر الجسور من حولك .. فانت لا تعلم متى ستحتاج لعبورها مرة اخرى
297- تذكر ان الزواج الناجح يعتمد على امرين . .الاول ايجاد الشخص المناسب
Josephalewis
Bite sized info-bits. Nothing earth-shattering or big light bulbs going off here, but props to him for putting into a book great principles that most people I associate with follow. Here are some of my faves: "Learn three clean jokes" "Return borrowed vehicles with the gas tank full" "Compliment 3 people each day" "Be the first to say, 'Hello'"; "Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother ...more
Mou Al-shamlan
i highly recommend this book 4 anyone want to live the real life :)
Kyle
A good compilation of little, powerful actions to take in your life. However, remember to question each for yourself, as I found many I disagree with -- for myself, at least.
Asmaa Refaat
It's the kind of books that you have to read daily
It's that kind that changes your way of living
It shows that life is really about the very little things
Really I'm addicted to this book and I highly recommend it
Lynn
This is the kind of book that you have to read every once in a while to keep reminding ourselves that it's all about the little things .
Sue Clifton
Love the positive ways to look at life in this book. There are also some fun little suggestions to make your day brighter.
someone
Awesome ,simple and very helpful for foreign people travelling to US or any english learner.
Ilhem
amaizing book .It introduces the summury of a man's experience
Ardys
All good advice if a bit saccharin at times.
Tracey
Nice ideas to get the most out of life!
Cindy
I read this little book when I was a little girl. What children hear from their parents, and teachers, and what they read in books become a part of their subconscious. I recently reread it and realized that, that is what this book is to me. There is very good advice in there that I followed throughout my life without remembering where it came from. It was a good supplement to the many lessons my parents taught me. I have a very early edition so some may say it's antiquated, but I would say it's ...more
Travis
Though my wife has been trying to throw these away for some time, I hang on to them because I read them all over again every few years. I am impressed with how much Mr. Brown strives to live his life and how he suggests that his son should live his life: with simplicity, authenticity, integrity, and audacity. I was sad when he abandoned his originally stated goal of coming out with a new one of these every few years. But hey, I've done that to some of my own goals, so I can understand.
BookWurm Tin*
Easy to read kahit madame, sooo cute pa and avery portable book! I bot dis book with me @ da beach (so now its all crumpled and salty!) and read it to pass travel time sa van, I highlited my favorite nuggets of wisdom, checked those that I have done already and those that I havent, i marked with an X. Im totally gonna pass this on to my younger brother Gio. A lot of OOOhs and AAAAhs moments on this one. Live, Learn and PAss it on! =D
HoMa Me
This book says:
Don't waste time grieving over past mistake. Learn from them and move on.
غصه اشتباهات گذشته را نخورید، از آن درس بگیرید و بگذرید.
Be brave. Even if you're not, pretend to be. No one can tell the difference.
شجاع باشید، حتا اگر شجاع نیستید به آن تظاهر کنید. کسی متوجه تفاوت آن نخواهد شد.
Learn to listen. Opportunity sometimes knocks very saftly.
خوب گوش دادن را بیاموزید، گاهی اوقات فرصت ها به آرامی در را می کوبد.
Ginger Marcinkowski
This was an endearing little book, well written with common sense advice. I know I have repeated some of the same advice I have heard over the years to my own son. The ideas here run from obscure to pertinent, each tied to the memory of the author. It pleases me to see good values and sound advice passed on to the next generation. A pleasant compilation that will have the reader checking back for more advice.
Lisa
The Life's Little Instruction Book series were the most influential books I read growing up. They are a quick read and are inspirational. I was so enamored with them, that I wrote H. Jackson Brown in 5th grade about how much I liked them and he was kind enough to respond with a handwritten letter as well as an article on Random Acts of Kindness that he thought I would like. Very cool
Andrea Quinn
Kamran Khan
May 23, 2014 Kamran Khan rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Whosoever wishes to bring small personality improvements
Really nice. Small pocket book which you must gift to your juniors. I read it myself and would like my little nephews (Muizz/Raffey) to read it when they begin to understand.

Update (May 2014): I'll give it to my son, Ibrahim, once he's able to understand. Although, he's just 3 months right now :)

Profound,
Kamran Khan
Travis
Okay, well, I wrote reviews on the other 2 books in this series, and while searching for books I discovered that, interestingly, the three are bound together in one book for people who are interested. I might just buy that book for my son in a few years. If I can find a copy. These are good books, recommended to my friends and family.
Deviant Geek
i have the eBook of all the three volumes in a total of 1532 advises .. i haven't read them all.. what i did was print them all and try to do one advice at a time. i don't skip and i don't check till i do it. so, yeah.. i can say that it's really fun.
its one of those things that help you get the most out of life
Joshua
Contains 511 'instructions' that will lead to a successful and happy life. This was a graduation present from a wonderful family. I read it rapidly. I wish I'd followed every instruction in this book. I recommend it for any young person entering the world. A wonderful, graduation present!
Karine Shauli
I simply grabbed this book due to it's title and I read it rather quickly with a smile upon my face. These little tips and the advice given here is general advice that everyone should take into account in their own lives to live a full life. Happily, satisfied, and just plain good.
Cameron
My Mom Gave me this book before my LDS Mission and I have loved it. it is just a list of things to do to make your life better. some are biased to the author but it does not detract from the book. some are really funny. I use it in therapy with the Teens I work with.
Mazohyst
I had this book lying around the house ever since I was in elementary school. When I first read it, it made no sense to me. Recently, I found it in my basement and read it again. It was really cute and useful. I'll have to remember to bring it with me when I move out.
Diane
Received as a gift when I worked in the school library. Never forget how much I enjoyed working there for Mrs. Bransky (sigh). Anyway, this was such a thoughtful, lovely little gift. I can't imagine anyone not finding something in it to make them smile.
Terry
A keeper. Written by a father for his son who was heading off to college; his randon collection of tips for successfully dealing with life and basically being a happy, socially-responsible human being. Just great little reminders.
  • Do What You Love, The Money Will Follow: Discovering Your Right Livelihood
  • When Do Fish Sleep? : An Imponderables' Book
  • Eeyore's Gloomy Little Instruction Book
  • Simplify Your Life: 100 Ways to Slow Down and Enjoy the Things That Really Matter
  • The Procrastinator's Handbook: Mastering the Art of Doing It Now
  • The Book of Questions
  • Don't Sweat the Small Stuff in Love: Simple Ways to Nurture and Strengthen Your Relationships While Avoiding the Habits That Break Down Your Loving Connection
  • girlfriends: Invisible Bonds, Enduring Ties
  • 1001 Ways to Be Romantic
  • Extraordinary Uses for Ordinary Things: 2,317 Ways to Save Money and Time
  • Never Good Enough: How to use Perfectionism to Your Advantage Without Letting it Ruin Your Life
  • Take Time for Your Life
  • Further Along the Road Less Traveled: The Unending Journey Towards Spiritual Growth
  • الدوافع المحركة للبشر : الدليل الكامل لأنماط الشخصية
  • When I Am an Old Woman I Shall Wear Purple
  • Four Essays on Love
  • The Order of Things: How Everything in the World Is Organized Into Hierarchies, Structures, and Pecking Orders
  • Something More: Excavating Your Authentic Self
Date of Birth: 1940

H. Jackson Brown, Jr. is an American author best-known for his book Life's Little Instruction Book which was a New York Times bestseller. Before becoming famous as a writer, Brown acted as a creative director of an advertising agency in Nashville, Tennessee. It was simple words of wisdom gathered from other people and his own experiences that made him a best-selling author.

Brown
More about H. Jackson Brown Jr....
Complete Lifes Little Instruction Bk Leather Bound إرشادات الحياة القصيرة P.S. I Love You Life's Little Instruction Book, Volume II Live and Learn and Pass It on: People Ages 5 to 95 Share What They've Discovered about Life, Love, and Other Good Stuff

“Don't forget, a person's greatest emotional need is to feel appreciated.” 152 likes
“Never give up on anybody. Miracles happen everyday.” 128 likes