Start by marking “Sex and the Kitty: A Celebrity Meowmoir” as Want to Read:
Sex and the Kitty: A Celebrity Meowmoir

Sex and the Kitty: A Celebrity Meowmoir

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  30 reviews
A hilarious "first-feline" memoir charting Nancy's transformation from small-town kitty into celebrity glamour-puss.

Even as a kitten, Nancy knew she was different. Unlike her peers, who were content to hunt mice and sunbathe all day, Nancy was born with a thirst for adventure.

She first tastes local fame after hitching rides in strangers' cars and visiting neighborhood pub
Published August 30th 2011 by Plume

To ask other readers questions about Sex and the Kitty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sex and the Kitty

Crystal Starr Light
Disclaimer: This book was provided free from Goodreads Giveaway. This has not influenced the rating of the book whatsoever.

Checklist for People Who Would Like Reading This Book:

1. Do you like cats?

2. Do currently own a cat or cats or have you owned one or more in the past?

3. Do you like tongue-in-cheek humor?

4. Do you have an active imagination?

If you said "yes" to the above, then I think you will love this book!

Nancy the Cat chronicles her life from a small kitten with her mother to living wit
Megan (Book Brats)
Reviewed by Wilson the Cat for Book Brats Reviews

*clean clean clean*

Let me start this review by saying I am a cultured kitty and I do not read books at random. Most of the stuff my caretaker Megan reads just does not interest me in the least, although I did find ANIMAL FARM to be most intriguing. Megan asked me to read SEX AND THE KITTY by Nancy the Cat as a favor. I owe her a few favors after the money she spends on me so of course I said yes, after several hours of relenting and ignoring her o
Meg - A Bookish Affair
I randomly picked this book up off of Netgalley and I was happy that I did. This was another book that I read on vacation. I loved how quirky and how different the story was. It's a lot of fun. Nancy is a small black cat who goes on a lot of big adventures. It took me a little bit of time to get used to the idea that I was reading a book told from the point of view of a cat. I know that it sounds a little odd but give it a chance.

Like I mentioned, this book is written from the point of view of
Leah
Despite the fact Sex and the Kitty is billed as a ‘meowmoir’, I’m not necessarily sure how much of it is actually real, actually genuine. It’s obviously not all real – Cats don’t have thumbs ergo cats can’t use a computer(!). But it’s a fun and quick read and I must admit, despite the unbelievability of it all, I thoroughly enjoyed Nancy’s tale. It’s the kind of book where you can just kick back and read it and not worry about anything. You just get lost in the (sorry Nancy) Kittylicious tale. I ...more
Lelia Taylor
Sex and the Kitty
Nancy the Cat
Plume Books, September 2011
ISBN 978-0452-29742-5
Trade Paperback (e-ARC)

Nancy’s first memoir—she’ll certainly need more as she gets older and, as she says, she’s leaving the door open for possible sequels—sets the record straight on her birth and early life in a small town as she awaits her destiny. Anyone with Nancy’s charm, beauty and wit is bound to find fame and adventure and Nancy’s journey to the high life begins with her jaunts to the local pubs where she deve
LIVE.LOVE.READ
Nancy the cat: Sex and the kitty
Knaur Tb, Januar 2012
Taschenbuch
256 Seiten
ISBN: 3426510073
Preis: 9,99€

Klappentext:

Wer eine hat, weiß es schon längst: Eine Katze kann eine richtige Diva sein. Auch Nancy hat ihren eigenen Kopf und weiß genau, wohin sie will: nach ganz oben! Zum Glück bringt sie alles mit, was eine echte Showbiz-Katze ausmacht: Eleganz (geschmeidige Bewegungen), Stil (ein seidig glänzendes Fell) und vor allem sehr viel Charme…

Meinung:

Als ich die Inhaltsbeschreibung zu „Sex and the
Juliet
Nancy is an intelligent, articulate, cat. She writes an early autobiography, charting her life from early kittenhood, her first adventures into the world and her search for the perfect career in the limelight.

Nancy’s world is one where cats are able to do many things I’ve often suspected but never quite managed to prove. In her world, but for the lack of opposable thumbs, they’re right up there with humans.

The book is littered, no pun intended, with social references that frankly, a human could
Yvonne
It was bound to happen…I read a book written by a cat. LOL Nancy the Cat has written her own memoir and what a riot it is!

Nancy isn’t like all the neighborhood cats. All her kitty friends are perfectly happy sitting at home and doing kitty stuff. Not Nancy. She yearns for adventure and fame. She signs up with a talent agent and learns all too fast that fame isn’t all that it’s cracked up to be.

Despite her own Facebook page and her own blog, Nancy craves more. She falls in love with a famous kitt
Georgiann Hennelly
Excellant book for people who love cats, Nancy always knew she was different , she was born with a thirst for adventure. She gets a taste of local fame by hitching car rides in strangers cars, but soon she starts team Nancy a team of fellow felines who follow her . Nancy is the leader, she starts a blog, joins facebook and becomes a sensation, and than dips her paw in the world of show business. Her dream is to someday meet mr Kit-e-Licious, the countrys number one cat star- they could be the Br ...more
Kelly
I never thought that I'd A) Read a book where the main protagonist is a cat and B) Love it.

Picture all of those feel-good chick-lit books that are popular. You know the ones. There is an ultimate goal and after a few bumps, the hero prevails. They aren't taxing to read, they don't have much substance but they are a nice read. Now picture these books set in the animal kingdom.

The best part about this was not that the narrative voice was likable, developed and consistent, or that the plot was so s
Brittany
I won this book on First Reads. I started this book thinking that it was going to be one of those "weird" books that you just read to get through it. Well I was wrong! Because of my pre-assigned prejudices it took me a chapter to get 'into' the book, but once I did Holy Moly! It was hard to put it down! The author definitely knows how to write to keep the readers attention. I loved living vicariously through Nancy and thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. I would most definitely recommend the bo ...more
Beverly J.
Thank you Good Reads for this advance copy!! However, this is just plain drivel. Not even fun drivel, at that. Writing about a cat in first person can be cute and endearing. Not in the case, however. When she orchestrates her New Year's Eve party, I was beginning to slip. When she started actually being involved with her own Facebook page, utilizing both keyboard and 'mouse', they lost me, I'm done. Goodbye awful book, bye bye!!
Meaghan
had some pretty funny moments and tongue in cheek parody.
Michele
Sep 16, 2011 Michele rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves cats or just a fun book to read.
Shelves: first-reads
Oh my goodness!!!!!!! This book was HISSterical!!!! I loved it! I received it as part of the Goodreads First Reads Giveaway. I just wish that I hadn't been so busy & could've gotten to it sooner. Such a fun book! Nancy is just adorable! She and her friends are just too much. Her antics were great! I've become a follower of her blog now. :)
**************
2 paws up!!!
**************
Moose
Nov 26, 2011 Moose rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Moose by: Goodreads Giveaways
This was a cute tale of a cat trying to rise towards stardom before realizing where she really belongs; home with those she loves.

The story was funny and whimsical and I found myself smiling throughout most of it. The writing was smooth and colloquial and quite easy to get into the story.

This is one of those books that both kids and adults will enjoy.
Cameluta

***I was lucky to win a copy of this book through the GoodReads Advance program.***

I really enjoy a good book about animals, but this book was just OK. Not quite funny, and didn't hold my interest as I expected. The writing stile was very basic even taken into account that the story is told by a cat.
Mary Aris
A cute story, written in the form of a Memoir or in this case, a MeowMoir about a black cat named Nancy and her adventures from a kitten to a celebrity cat to a writer (Author of Mog Blog). The book is written from a cat's point of view. I enjoyed this book! It made me laugh in places.
AudioBookFans
A great book for cat lovers! I loved the humor! Nancy gives us some insight into a cat's mind. Makes me wonder what mine are thinking! I would recommend this for any cat lover, it's an easy read! I read it in one night!!

I received this free as a First Read through Goodreads.
Grace
Thank you First Reads!!! Sex and the Kitty is a purr-fect read for all cat lovers out there. Ever wonder what your cat is thinking? Nancy the cat chronicles her adventures and lets readers take a cat-walk along with her. Dig your claws into this one!!!
Qiana
Perhaps it's because I'm a crazy cat lady at heart, but I really enjoyed this book about Nancy the Cat's pursuit of fame. You can see the lesson to be learned coming, but I enjoyed the journey to it. and I won't say more, but the theater scene is hilarious!
Louise Bloy
Sex and the kitty by Nancy the cat is an amazing book. Nancy's story is so sweet but a little sad in places. Loved the book. MUST BE READ BY ALL CAT LOVERS.
Gary Butler
16th book read in 2013.

Number 128 out of 307 on my all time book list.

Follow the link below to see my video review:

Tatiana
I won this book through the GoodReads Giveaway.

Pleasantly surprised! Fun, fast, easy read. That cat sure knew how to get around!
Kelly
Took 3 tries to get through it. Not what I thoughtit was going to be. Last half had a few funny lines in it, but nothing to recommend it.
Lesli
Definately a favorite! Loved the humor and the way it was written. Took me just one night to read it! Definately passing it on.
Samantha Tew
A GREAT summer read! I caught myself laughing out loud several times and deffinately enjoyed how witty it was!
Noemy Halling (yesamis)
I enjoyed reading it, it wasn't want I expected but it was fun to read.
Kelley
Cute - lighthearted and a quick read.
Julie S
Cute, light read.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Sex and the Kitty

“I discovered that there was just as much humor to be found in the minutiae of everyday life as there was in a tale of crazy capers.” 3 likes