Start by marking “Dark Frost (Mythos Academy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Dark Frost (Mythos Academy, #3)

Dark Frost (Mythos Academy #3)

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  10,563 ratings  ·  716 reviews
I've seen so many freaky things since I started attending Mythos Academy last fall. I know I'm supposed to be a fearless warrior, but most of the time, I feel like I'm just waiting for the next Bad, Bad Thing to happen. Like someone trying to kill me--again.

Everyone at Mythos Academy knows me as Gwen Frost, the Gypsy girl who uses her psychometry magic to find lost objects
ebook, 1st Edition, 336 pages
Published May 29th 2012 by Kensington

To ask other readers questions about Dark Frost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Frost

Lover Reborn by J.R. WardOnce Burned by Jeaniene FrostIced by Karen Marie MoningDeadlocked by Charlaine HarrisBiting Cold by Chloe Neill
Most Anticipated Books of 2012! {PNR, UF & PNYA}
45th out of 623 books — 1,783 voters
Can't Wait Books of 2012
190th out of 2,518 books — 15,932 voters

More lists with this book...

Darlalala
OH MY!!! Gwen's wearing the necklace LOGAN had given her! And who's Loki's champion?? hmm..
EDIT: So this book deserves 4.5 stars but I round it up anyway. Gwen, still doesn't have the super ability to defend herself (view spoiler), but at least she's starting to understand her real power, what she can do with her touch magic.

Dark frost is tricky! I swear at some point I was so sure that this character is Loki's cham
Stacia (the 2010 club)
[image error]
How fitting that my happy place includes an Amazon box.

I'm still running this marathon, getting ready to hit up book 4 before release.

Reasons why this series continues to be awesome :

1. Vic, the talking sword. The snarky, British weapon is still at it and I love him because of it (he gave me a scene where he said if he had a hand, he'd slap it to his forehead in disbelief). He even got into it with an enemy weapon.
"Lucretia!" Vic hissed at the sight of the other sword.
Lucretia's b
Esmeralda
Has anyone noticed that the Main Character is almost always being saved. Nike should have choice a better champion. At least one that doesn't think about boys at the time.
Menna Alashker
Isdklfhsilfghsdlghsghlghw.....I can't type very well right now and I can't put a coherent thought together so therefore I can't write what I thought about the book. I am overwhelmed with all that fan-freaking-tastic shit that I just read. Now I'm gonna go and do my happy/crazy dance somewhere else before I break the computer screen or something....Logan, Logan. Yes, I have officially lost my mind...

Elena
Not as satisfying as I expected. I'll have to think about it.

-- Okay, I think I've thought enough. Here's what I thought:

I've been dying to get my hands on this book. As in dying. As in nothing else mattered as long as I had it in my hands.
Well.. let's just say I'd manage to put it down now and have no regrets.

My first prayer goes to Gwen.
Okay, first off, we kind of knew already how dumb Gwen is. I know, I know, I said that I loved her and stuff. And I do. Really.
But in this book.. I mean I felt
Aimee (Coffee Table Reviews)
Wow! When I finished this, I had to take a few moments after to go over what I just read. In case you haven't read my reviews for the previous books in this series, this series is a favorite of mine. I love the mythology, and not just one isolated version either, but myths from all around the globe combined together. But what I loved the most was, as Gwen searches and searches for an artifact, the story doesn't stall. It doesn't hold out until the next book for something to happen.

This book, th
Haley
*Spoiler Alert*

First of all, let me extend my thanks to Kensington and Netgalley for the chance to read this novel.

Dark Frost was a thrilling installment, full of rage and desire, froth with danger and teeming with secrets that are begging for sunlight. Gwen is really having a tuff time of it. Things with Logan are still not going where she wants them to, Daphne is acting odd, and reapers are planting clues everywhere…but are they really clues and if so what for? When everything starts coming to
Kate (VerbVixen)
The third book in the Mythos Academy series, Dark Frost, only adds fuel to the fire of my obsession with this series. I’m OBSESSED, I tell you! The combination of duty and sacrifice, of humility and bravery, of friendship and love. Dear god, I will never get enough of Mythos.

Dark Frost, even more so than Touch of Frost or Kiss of Frost, advances the series plot significantly; it felt like there was more action too which of course I loved! We finally have name and face to put to Loki’s champion;
Mitch
Ok, Mythos Academy falls squarely into the dumb fun category for me, honestly I didn't think the first two books were that great, but neither were they unenjoyable. I keep reading these though for two reasons, because my sister loves this series so I have to keep getting her the books anyway, and because, well, like I said I liked the first two enough that I'm not going to bail on this one. And Dark Frost didn't disappoint, it's probably about the same as the first two, maybe a little more actio ...more
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review:

Cover: Okay
Rating: PG-13
Overall: Now I’m annoyed
Characters: Well Written
Plot: Who done it.
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Logan

SUMMARY (50 words or less)
So I was again longing for this romance to blossom. And it fizzes. And I’m starting to feel like Chicagoland. I would be better off if no romance exist. It seems like they can’t catch a break. However, this book was a little less predictable than the last two.

For a full review and yu
Erin
2.5-3 stars

I kind of hate when I like aspects of a series enough to want to continue reading, even though I don't particularly like the books. The Mythos Academy books are an example of this. I enjoy the mythology and the idea that there are warriors in the world who are descendants of those who fought or assisted in major battles (Spartans, Valkyries, Vikings, etc). I even enjoy the overall storyline - All the good people in the book are fighting against Loki and his reapers to stop another cha
MISS VAIN
“Did Logan just give that girl an autograph?” Daphne asked, drumming her fingers on top of the table and making pink sparks of magic shoot out everywhere.

Carson hesitated. “That’s what it looks like.”

The girl gave Logan another smile before giggling again and rushing off. She hurried over to the table where her own friends were sitting and showed them the piece of paper. This time, they all erupted in a fit of giggles.

“Geez,” I muttered. “it’s a wonder they all don’t just go over there, take off
Heidi
Four Stars: More action,danger and a darker tone!

Gwen, Daphne and Carson are touring the museum of history, viewing ancient artifacts in order to complete a school assignment. It is the last day of Christmas break. They are not alone in their procrastination, since the museum is packed with students from The Mythos Academy. Everyone is hurrying to finish at the last minute. In the weapons room, Gwen runs into Logan. The two are excited to see each other and anxious to rekindle their relationship
Mike (the Paladin)
Well I don't think it's a spoiler to say that, lucky for all humanity, Gwen Frost's heart is pure. So, I guess she has the strength of 10. That would be moral strength however as the Amazons, Valkyries, Spartans, vikings and pretty much everyone else who attends Mythos Academy can kick her butt physical strength wise.

I've read this series and have had mixed feelings about it from volume one on. Teen/YA novels are not all the same. they don't all aim for the same audience. A large group of these
Carmel
Jennifer Estep likes to do things backwards. Most series’ get worse as they go on but the Mythos Academy series? No, it gets better with each book.

Jam packed with action from the first chapter, Gwen is on a mission to find the Helheim Dagger before the reapers do, so they cannot release Loki, God of Chaos. For Gwen, she has enough chaos in her life. She seems to be failing as champion, Daphne, her best friend is acting a little off and Logan? Well, she has no idea where she stands with the hand
Experiment BL626
CAUTION: Long Review, Spoilers

It's official. This series suck. I have read book 1-3 and the prequel "First Frost"; I believe I can make this judgement now.

It would take a major effort to turn this series around. It's doable, but unfortunately I don't see that happening any time soon.

The Writing

The beginning was repetitive. I don't mind rehash; I actually appreciate it a lot given the countless series I juggle. However, this series goes overboard with it and Dark Frost is one of the worst example
Naoms
Originally posted on

Confessions of an Opinionated Book Geek

I loved the first two books in this series. I ignored the easy to spot plot points. I ignored the romantic dialogue that some times came off cheesy. I ignored the fact that the main romantic storyline was cliché. I ignored it, because it really did not bother me. I took the books for what they were, quick and enjoyable reads.

Unfortunately, the main actin of Dark Frost is so ridiculous and implausible that I just cannot let it slide. Thi
Annie Brewer
 photo unravelme3_zps75b700a2.gif

WOW! Absolutely epic!!!!! Best in the series so far!!!! Awesome, awesome, awesome!!!!!

I have so much to say in my review regarding this continuation, but I'll have to wait until tonight to write it out. All I can say is, this book gave me major whiplash and anxiety. But I loved every bit of it!!

And ummmm, Logan freaking Quinn. Yep, I'm so ridiculously in love with Spartan boy. Sigh.

Review to come shortly!

So, this book was a surprise, a happy surprise. I mean, I've loved every Mythos book thus
Joana
Wow. I really didn't expect this book would be so damn good! I'm not joking. The author managed fix up all the negatives points (that really annoyed me on the first two books) and did a great story.

You have action since the first page, and this action keeps going on all the book! The author finally stops the repeating excessive. Thanks God!

The main character is so much better! I know, she is a teenager and as such insecure, selfish, a little boring... But she hears a few truths, especially fro
Hayden Casey
Mar 17, 2012 Hayden Casey marked it as to-read-very-soon
Definitely my favorite cover of them all! Can't wait to dive into these.
Paula  Phillips
Just finishing the 2nd book , I was so excited when I looked on Netgalley and discovered that the 3rd book was avaliable for review . I am so loving the tale of Gwen Frost and Mythos Academy and reading books #1 and #2 , I needed more. In my opinion , I would have to say out of all three books , Dark Frost is definitely the most action-packed filled to the brim with adventure and gasping moments that will stop your heart for a moment or two as you hold your breath in anticpation for what is goin ...more
Tana
Dark Frost (Mythos Academy #3)
By Jennifer Estep

Jennifer Estep has given us another terrific 3rd novel in the Mythos Academy series; the plot is fantastic, it’s faced paced and full of mystery and suspense. A few times I thought I knew what was going on then realized I didn’t. Jennifer Estep writing is terrific and I can’t wait for book 4 to be released. This is one of those books that once you begin you don’t stop till you reach the end.

Gwen is on a mission to find the Helheim Dagger that her mo
Khanh (Clowns, Nightmares, and Bunnies)
Oh, Gwen, finally you're growing up, and I'm so proud of you. I'm still not a fan of her, and Logan is still a little asshole (seriously, when other people are telling off your girlfriend in front of both of you, grow some fucking balls and tell them to shut up, ok? Spartans are so not gentlemen), but they're both maturing bit by bit. I was rather happy when the beloved Logan finally lost it with Gwen and told her she's a spoilt little brat sniveling away because of her past tragedies when every ...more
Michelle
Jennifer Estep proves once again that she deserves to be an 'auto-buy' author.

Dark Frost is set a few weeks after the events in Kiss of Frost, Christmas has been and gone and Gwen is getting ready to go back to Mythos Academy. Before returning to school everyone is visiting a Museum for some last minute research when the Reapers attack. The resulting blood-bath has repercussions for not only Gwen but her friends too. The hunt for the Helheim Dagger is on, who will be victorious?

I like Gwen, her
Savannah (Books With Bite)
Anyone who knows me, know my love for this series. So when I received this book in the mail, my teenage heart squealed for joy! Was it everything I wanted? Heck YA!

How can I put this amazing book in to words without spoiling it. Well, for one, the plot is great. Super fast paced and very entertaining, from the first page, I stepped foot on Mytho's Academy as if I never left. I liked that with each plot twist and turn, more secrets are exposed. Gwen is facing much more darker times and you can te
Kathy Davie
Third in the Mythos Academy urban fantasy series for young adults revolving around the whiny Gwen Frost.

My Take
Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know Gwen is a teenager, but must she be such an annoying, whining one? She has brains, Estep should write her using them rather than getting lazy about how to make Gwen feel bad. At least she can have Gwen think!

Hullo!??, the bad guys are everywhere. Hmmm, let me think: Grandma said the Reaper girl had mental powers. Gwen's been having headaches. And she thinks it
Mithrendiel
I had a harder time getting into Dark Frost. I'm not really sure why- the story starts off with a Reaper attack, which would have been exciting, but something about it didn't grab me. It took me a few chapters to really get going. Once it did, I thoroughly enjoyed the action.

"But why me? Why do I have to be the one to make sacrifices?"
"Because you are strong enough to make them, Gwendolyn," Nike said. You're strong enough to keep going no matter how dark and hopeless things get, even if you don
Sandra
While I still enjoyed it I found it disappointingly obvious in both who Reaper girl was and where the dagger was hidden. From very early in the story there was never any doubt in my mind. Also my major gripe with this story is that Logan is a crappy love interest. Gwen keeps talking about what a nice, good looking, charming and all round decent guy he is. As far as I can see the only one of those things he is - is good looking. He has a history of using girls,and then even though he supposedly l ...more
Kristi-The Book Faery
Wow! I'm a fool for this series and Jennifer didn't disappoint with Dark Frost. All my favorite characters were present and finally we see a bit more action on the Gwen/Logan front!

Gwen aka Gypsy Girl has met her match in Loki's champion and even I was surprised at who the evil reaper was. Gwen has come a long way with her fighting skills and has also developed some 'unusual' magical skills based off her Touch Magic that Gwen is ambivalent about.

There'll be more to come but I'm saving it for clo
Lucy
Feb 18, 2014 Lucy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of the series

This series keeps getting better and better.

I love the fact Gwen is finally showing some fire and backbone, yet she needs to do way more to convince me she is a worthy champion.

I must confess that I’m really frustrated when Gwen doesn’t use the advantage her magic can give her in a fighting situation. She’s Nike’s champion and her life and the lives of others are on the line, so she should use whatever she knows is going to help her get the upper hand.

Plus, I am getting pissed at the way she is
Crazy for Young A...: Dark Frost (Mythos Academy #3) by Jennifer Estep → Start Date: September 21, 2014 20 11 Sep 27, 2014 04:09AM
Kindle Book Sharing: * Dark Frost (Mythos Academy, #3) 1 3 Mar 30, 2014 10:46PM
Gwen and Logan 12 86 Aug 30, 2013 08:31PM
Didn't see that one comming! (spoilers) 8 92 Jul 27, 2013 12:46AM
  • Blood Fever (The Watchers, #3)
  • Sweet Shadows (Medusa Girls, #2)
  • Billow (Ondine Quartet, #2)
  • Apollyon (Covenant, #4)
  • Entangled
  • Deadly Descendant (Nikki Glass, #2)
  • A Beautiful Evil (Gods & Monsters, #2)
  • Spellcaster (Spellbound, #2)
  • Taken at Dusk (Shadow Falls, #3)
  • Charmfall (Dark Elite, #3)
  • Blood Past (Warriors of Ankh, #2)
  • Embers and Echoes (Wildefire, #2)
  • Half Black Soul (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #2)
  • Fate Succumbs (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #3)
  • Awaken (Daughters of the Sea, #2)
  • Forgiven (The Demon Trappers, #3)
  • Awry (The Archers of Avalon, #2)
  • Betrayal (Haunting Emma, #2)
Jennifer Estep is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, prowling the streets of her imagination in search of her next fantasy idea.

Jennifer writes the Elemental Assassin adult urban fantasy series for Pocket. Books in the series are SPIDER'S BITE, WEB OF LIES, VENOM, TANGLED THREADS, SPIDER'S REVENGE, BY A THREAD, and WIDOW'S WEB. THREAD OF DEATH, an e-novella, is also available.

HAIN
More about Jennifer Estep...
Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1) Touch of Frost (Mythos Academy, #1) Venom (Elemental Assassin, #3) Kiss of Frost (Mythos Academy, #2) Web of Lies (Elemental Assassin, #2)

“You won't hurt me. I know you won't." Logan said.
"How can you be so sure?" I whispered.
"Because you're that Gypsy girl, and I'm the bad-boy Spartan. And I think it's time we were finally together, don't you?”
37 likes