Start by marking “Still Just Grace (Just Grace, #2)” as Want to Read:
Still Just Grace (Just Grace, #2)

Still Just Grace (Just Grace #2)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  737 ratings  ·  47 reviews
A fun new boy has just moved in next door to Grace’s best friend, Mimi. When Grace has to go away on a family trip during school, she is terrified that when she comes back Mimi will be best friends with Max instead! After her trip, not only does it seem her fear has come true, but Mimi is even friends with the disgusting Sammy. Now Just Grace has to team up with two other...more
Published October 22nd 2007 by HMH Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Still Just Grace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Still Just Grace

Ivonne Rovira
Jul 23, 2014 Ivonne Rovira rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone!
Charise Mericle Harper’s Still Just Grace proves even more delightful than the first book in the series, Just Grace, with lots of unforeseen changes for 9-year-old Grace Stewart. A new boy moves onto her block and into her class, and new friendships arise. Still Just Grace still maintains the same real-kid voice and the same fabulous cartoons as in the first book — both guaranteed to make you giggle and smile.

Grace visits her Grandma in Chicago, who has sold her home and is moving into an assis...more
Dolly
Jan 08, 2012 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
We've just begun reading the Just Grace series by Charise Mericle Harper. This book takes us on a road trip to Chicago and back as Grace's family helps her Grandmother move. And then she chronicles her day-to-day school life, with conflicts and challenges galore. We really liked her project with two of the other Graces in class and her changing relationship with Grace F.

After reading the first two books, our girls are split: our oldest loves them, our youngest doesn't really like them at all. P...more
Cheryl
Charise Mericle Harper is quickly becoming a favorite author of mine! Her ability to articulate the thoughts and voice of a young child is impeccable. Her ability to use that limited child-like vocabulary in a way that is engagingly humorous while still presenting a wonderful life lesson is amazing.

In Still Just Grace, the empathetic Unlikely Hero begins to have jealous feelings when her neighbor and best friend, Mimi, seems to be gravitating toward new friendships. Just Grace is forced to be sc...more
Asriani
Setahun berlalu sejak kejadian “Grace Aja” yang menyebalkan. Tahun ini semuanya masih sama. Karena nama itu tetap melekat pada dirinya. Apa lagi ia masih sekelas dengan ke tiga Grace lainnya. Jadi wajar saja kalau tahun ajaran baru di kelas empat ini ia masih kesal. Terlebih lagi ada guru praktik baru, yang ternyata memanggil Grace F hanya dengan Grace.

Masalah berikutnya datang ketika seorang anak laki – laki bernama Max pindah ke sebelah rumah Mimi. Awalnya Grace memang sempat khawatir kalau –...more
Jill
This is an interesting book--as I was listening to it, I was trying to place how old Grace is. According to our catalog, she is 7, which puts her around 1st or 2nd grade, yet I would say that the reading level is more around the really good 3rd grade or even 4th grade level. Since kids usually want to read about kids who are older than them, I wonder how much appeal it would have for the target reading level. Grace is really cute, though, and has good ideas and since her grade or age is never me...more
Seana
I must have liked the author's previous book a lot, because I gobbled this one right up directly after. (They are easy books to read while sitting at the information desk waiting for customers, if I need any justification.)
This book expands Just Grace's world a bit more, and our look into it as well. A consistent strength of these books is to deal with the problems of friends and non-friends and the reevaluation that sometimes happens in a gradual and realistic way.

I loved the project that the G...more
Nancy Basile
What a fun, fun book. I listened to this with my kids in the car over a period of several days. They actually requested to listen to it, rather than the usual request to watch DVDs. Read by a young girl, and written to sound just like a 3rd grader, the book really hooked my kids. Made me remember what it's like to be a kid and how I can't always assume I know what's going on in those little heads.
Cherese Vines
Jul 23, 2012 Cherese Vines rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children ages 6+
This is a very smart, and realistic look at life from a third grader's point of view. I especially liked Grace's empathy power. Grace learns that things are not always what we think they are and neither are people. Good read.
Lenna
This book looks like a 3rd-5th grade book, but it is for a 1st-2nd grade interest level.
Andie
I LOVED it!
Cheyenne
an awsome book
Ubalstecha
Things are still difficult for Grace. There are four Graces in her class and her teacher refuses to call her anything except "Just Grace". One of the other Graces is still a big meany and seems to enjoy taunting her. But when Grace finds out that she is going to miss school to visit her grandmother, she is initially excited that she will get to escape these troubles. That is until an interesting new boy who can walk on his hands moves in next door to her best friend and next door neighbour Mimi....more
Dani Heller
Still Just Grace is the second book in the Just Grace Series by Charise Mericle Harper. Grace is a third grader with a special superpower that she calls her "empathy power." Grace doesn't like it to see people unhappy and she always tries to fix the situation. This book is called Still Just Grace because her teacher and classmates refer to her as "Just Grace," since there are 3 other girls named Grace in her class. One of the other Grace's is very mean and as Grace narrates the story she refers...more
Anggi Hafiz Al Hakam
Prelude to ending yang kurang lebih sama dengan Amos Lee (buku 2). Grace harus bekerja sama dengan Grace F Si Kejam Abis untuk proyek tugas sekolah. Walaupun berhasil, ternyata Mimi sangat merasa kehilangan sahabat karibnya. Grace meyakinkan Mimi, bahwa semua berjalan baik-baik saja dan dia tidak kemana-mana. Grace is forever yours.

Nilai-nilai persahabatan menjadi topik utama dalam cerita lanjutan ini. Jangan lupakan juga perjalanan Grace sekeluarga mengunjungi Grandma di Chicago. Kadang sesuatu...more
Janet
Feb 19, 2014 Janet rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: girls ages 7-10
Recommended to Janet by: popular with other classmates
My daughter enjoyed this book very much. She loved the "ups and downs" in the story and that it all worked out in the end. My daughter thought it was particularly interesting when "Grace helped her grandma move to a different apartment in Chicago." She thought it was funny and has eagerly read several books in this series.
Rofi
Grace Stewart masih dipanggil Grace Aja...
selama Grace Aja pergi ke rumah Grandma-nya, sahabatnya Mimi punya teman baru dan itu membuat Grace Aja sedikit sedih.
Grace Aja harus mengerjakan proyek sekolah dengan Grace F. dan Grace W. namun dari situ lah hal-hal yang begitu mengagumkan terjadi.
saya suka cerita dibuku dua ini :)) lebih banyak rasa empati dan persahabtannya dan juga gak boleh berprasangka buruk terus dengan orang lohhh...
oia, suatu saat saya juga mau bikin proyek yang dikerjakan tiga...more
Briana Dicus
We just finished the second book in the Just Grace series and I think my daughter (Grace...which is why we started reading these) like it more than the first. She actually asked me to read it to her instead of me saying "Time to read!"

Cute story and I like how it's like it's Just Grace's journal or at least written in that point of view. I also like the cute illustrations. Both my girls like hearing it and after this book my Grace asked to look at a locket that I have. I think it helped her rel...more
Speakercoret
mmmm dr bu dokter juga, sebenernya udah punya, tp ga tau siapa yg seliwer, pas di tanya bu dokter gw mah dengernya cuma "grace aja" ternyata bu dokter nanya yg "lagi2 grace aja" hwehehe jadilah gw punya dua, so yg gw beli gw kasihin ke si burHan deh :D

cerita di buku kedua ini ( eh ini ke dua kan? ) lebih bervariasi dr pada buku pertama, paling suka proyek "hilang" yang dikerjakan ketiga grace utk tugas dr Mr. Frank, menarik :)

Ashley
One day I was at the libary with my friend. I asked her a good book she had read. She pulled out a hard covered book that was pink. I didnt want to read it but I didnt want to hurt her feelings. So I checked it out. At school I just read the book and then the book became a magnet. I hid the book under my desk just to read on. It then became my most favorite book I read in March.
Teri
This is a recommendation for a girl' book dlub. We were reading it aloud together and gave up. It just wasn't capturing our imaginations and is certainly isn't "enduring literature", but it wasn't even fun in my opinion. What am I missing? Everyone gives books in this series 4 stars. . .
Dawn
My daughter and I are enjoying reading the Just Grace Books aloud to each other. I love the books because they engaged my daughter. She has had such hard time getting into reading. These books just might help her turn the corner and become a life-long reader!
Kyra
Just Grace is back in another hilarious adventure! When a new boy moves in, Grace is worried that her best friend will start liking him better than she likes Grace. Will they stay friends after all?
This is a great book. I love the Just Grace series.
Joeytay11
Extra Info*** $15 U.S / $19.95 Canada
This book is really nice but it only suits for GIRLS, but boys can read too! If you read the summary on the front cover it doesn't really tells you about it.. you got to really read it to Find out!
Kelly
May 19, 2011 Kelly added it
Shelves: series
Better than the first book, I liked how Grace got along with other characters in this book. She finds some new friends but "keeps the old" and learns some new things about communication (the theme of this book) along the way.
Mas5thgrade2012
i think it was really joyable. i hope i get to read another grace book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)<3

this book was really good.this book is really fun to read and there is things that can happen to you.
-cutienumber1
Catherine
Grace draws cartoons and she likes sparkly stuff and wearing clothes imprinted with Supergirl logos. Recommend it to girls who are early chapter book readers. A nice story about making new friends and keeping the old.
Utami
A cute book for children. Sebenarnya, satu hal yang paling menarik dari buku ini bagi saya dalah kreativitas para siswa di kelas Grace saat mereka harus menafsirkan proyek mereka untuk kelas si guru praktek.
Vanessa
Sep 01, 2008 Vanessa rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 6 to 10 year old girls and their moms and grandmas
This is our current chapter book, my daughter and I. She's 6 and seems to be enjoying it. The author has a wonderful child-voice, very accessible and real without being boring for an adult.
Jessica
I read this book as a NONPRINT version. The narrator is a child named Michelle O. Medlin. Having the narrator be a child is helpful and allows the reader to engage in the story of young Grace.
Mikaela
To me i really like this book because in each book it has all diffrent kind's of themes and this theme was people calling her just grace because the teacher mistaken her
  • Clementine, Friend of the Week (Clementine, #4)
  • Ivy and Bean Take Care of the Babysitter (Ivy and Bean, #4)
  • The Dancing Pancake
  • Life, Starring Me! (Candy Apple #18)
  • My Last Best Friend
  • Princess Posey and the First Grade Parade (Princess Posey, #1)
  • Piper Reed: Navy Brat (Piper Reed #1)
  • Plum Fantastic
  • Katie and the Cupcake Cure (Cupcake Diaries, #1)
  • Lulu and the Duck in the Park
Just Grace (Just Grace, #1) Fashion Kitty Cupcake Just Grace Walks the Dog (Just Grace, #3) Go! Go! Go! Stop!