Start by marking “Still Just Grace (Just Grace, #2)” as Want to Read:
Still Just Grace (Just Grace, #2)

Still Just Grace (Just Grace #2)

4.03  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,034 Ratings  ·  61 Reviews
A fun new boy has just moved in next door to Grace’s best friend, Mimi. When Grace has to go away on a family trip during school, she is terrified that when she comes back Mimi will be best friends with Max instead! After her trip, not only does it seem her fear has come true, but Mimi is even friends with the disgusting Sammy. Now Just Grace has to team up with two other ...more
Published October 22nd 2007 by HMH Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Still Just Grace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Still Just Grace

Ivonne Rovira
Jul 23, 2014 Ivonne Rovira rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone!
Charise Mericle Harper’s Still Just Grace proves even more delightful than the first book in the series, Just Grace, with lots of unforeseen changes for 9-year-old Grace Stewart. A new boy moves onto her block and into her class, and new friendships arise. Still Just Grace still maintains the same real-kid voice and the same fabulous cartoons as in the first book — both guaranteed to make you giggle and smile.

Grace visits her Grandma in Chicago, who has sold her home and is moving into an assis
Dolly
Jun 25, 2015 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
We've just begun reading the Just Grace series by Charise Mericle Harper. This book takes us on a road trip to Chicago and back as Grace's family helps her Grandmother move. And then she chronicles her day-to-day school life, with conflicts and challenges galore. We really liked her project with two of the other Graces in class and her changing relationship with Grace F.

After reading the first two books, our girls are split: our oldest loves them, our youngest doesn't really like them at all. P
Cheryl
Jun 12, 2012 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
Charise Mericle Harper is quickly becoming a favorite author of mine! Her ability to articulate the thoughts and voice of a young child is impeccable. Her ability to use that limited child-like vocabulary in a way that is engagingly humorous while still presenting a wonderful life lesson is amazing.

In Still Just Grace, the empathetic Unlikely Hero begins to have jealous feelings when her neighbor and best friend, Mimi, seems to be gravitating toward new friendships. Just Grace is forced to be sc
Asriani
Feb 03, 2009 Asriani rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Setahun berlalu sejak kejadian “Grace Aja” yang menyebalkan. Tahun ini semuanya masih sama. Karena nama itu tetap melekat pada dirinya. Apa lagi ia masih sekelas dengan ke tiga Grace lainnya. Jadi wajar saja kalau tahun ajaran baru di kelas empat ini ia masih kesal. Terlebih lagi ada guru praktik baru, yang ternyata memanggil Grace F hanya dengan Grace.

Masalah berikutnya datang ketika seorang anak laki – laki bernama Max pindah ke sebelah rumah Mimi. Awalnya Grace memang sempat khawatir kalau –
Jill
This is an interesting book--as I was listening to it, I was trying to place how old Grace is. According to our catalog, she is 7, which puts her around 1st or 2nd grade, yet I would say that the reading level is more around the really good 3rd grade or even 4th grade level. Since kids usually want to read about kids who are older than them, I wonder how much appeal it would have for the target reading level. Grace is really cute, though, and has good ideas and since her grade or age is never me ...more
Seana
Apr 03, 2011 Seana rated it really liked it
I must have liked the author's previous book a lot, because I gobbled this one right up directly after. (They are easy books to read while sitting at the information desk waiting for customers, if I need any justification.)
This book expands Just Grace's world a bit more, and our look into it as well. A consistent strength of these books is to deal with the problems of friends and non-friends and the reevaluation that sometimes happens in a gradual and realistic way.

I loved the project that the G
Sydney
Dec 03, 2015 Sydney rated it it was amazing
Nancy Basile
Oct 25, 2011 Nancy Basile rated it really liked it
What a fun, fun book. I listened to this with my kids in the car over a period of several days. They actually requested to listen to it, rather than the usual request to watch DVDs. Read by a young girl, and written to sound just like a 3rd grader, the book really hooked my kids. Made me remember what it's like to be a kid and how I can't always assume I know what's going on in those little heads.
Cherese A. Vines
Jul 23, 2012 Cherese A. Vines rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children ages 6+
This is a very smart, and realistic look at life from a third grader's point of view. I especially liked Grace's empathy power. Grace learns that things are not always what we think they are and neither are people. Good read.
Lenna
Apr 26, 2012 Lenna rated it liked it
Shelves: juvenile-fiction
This book looks like a 3rd-5th grade book, but it is for a 1st-2nd grade interest level.
Andie
Jul 31, 2011 Andie rated it it was amazing
I LOVED it!
Cheyenne
an awsome book
Ubalstecha
Things are still difficult for Grace. There are four Graces in her class and her teacher refuses to call her anything except "Just Grace". One of the other Graces is still a big meany and seems to enjoy taunting her. But when Grace finds out that she is going to miss school to visit her grandmother, she is initially excited that she will get to escape these troubles. That is until an interesting new boy who can walk on his hands moves in next door to her best friend and next door neighbour Mimi. ...more
Dani Heller
Apr 12, 2013 Dani Heller rated it liked it
Still Just Grace is the second book in the Just Grace Series by Charise Mericle Harper. Grace is a third grader with a special superpower that she calls her "empathy power." Grace doesn't like it to see people unhappy and she always tries to fix the situation. This book is called Still Just Grace because her teacher and classmates refer to her as "Just Grace," since there are 3 other girls named Grace in her class. One of the other Grace's is very mean and as Grace narrates the story she refers ...more
Anggi Hafiz Al Hakam
Prelude to ending yang kurang lebih sama dengan Amos Lee (buku 2). Grace harus bekerja sama dengan Grace F Si Kejam Abis untuk proyek tugas sekolah. Walaupun berhasil, ternyata Mimi sangat merasa kehilangan sahabat karibnya. Grace meyakinkan Mimi, bahwa semua berjalan baik-baik saja dan dia tidak kemana-mana. Grace is forever yours.

Nilai-nilai persahabatan menjadi topik utama dalam cerita lanjutan ini. Jangan lupakan juga perjalanan Grace sekeluarga mengunjungi Grandma di Chicago. Kadang sesuatu
Amy Holiday
Apr 07, 2015 Amy Holiday rated it really liked it
Shelves: posted-to-blog
Another sweet story about Just Grace. This time there's jealousy with her best friend Mimi, and the new boy next door. And we meet Grandma, who is just as awesome as you would expect! Grace's anxiousness about being assigned to a project with a rival Grace is well developed, but she conquers all these challenges using her Empathy Superpower and, as in the first book, the help of some kind grown ups.

This one felt a bit more negative, likely because of the stress of Grace's problems. But they're t
Janet
Feb 19, 2014 Janet rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: girls ages 7-10
Recommended to Janet by: popular with other classmates
My daughter enjoyed this book very much. She loved the "ups and downs" in the story and that it all worked out in the end. My daughter thought it was particularly interesting when "Grace helped her grandma move to a different apartment in Chicago." She thought it was funny and has eagerly read several books in this series.
Cathy Cramer
This is the sequel to the first Just Grace book. My 4th grader liked this book, and I read it afterwards. I can relate to Grace wanting her Grandma's wisdom to magically fix everything. I think I did have a Grandma like that - well, maybe not, but she did make me feel better.
Deanna
Nov 24, 2015 Deanna rated it really liked it
I read this with Emily as a book on CD. on the way to the doctor's office. We both enjoyed it. She wants to read the rest of them. So that's good endorsement. They are quick and easy to read which is good for me.
Pamela
Mar 09, 2016 Pamela rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sara-s-books
I really liked this book for middle grade readers it is a great series. There is up to book 12 for any one who wants to check out this review. from sara rock [pam's] daughter.
Ms.Kim
Aug 23, 2015 Ms.Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the focus on friendships and how they evolve. I like JG's grandma. :) It's funny how each book so far has had a mystery involving one of their school teachers.
Rofi
Aug 20, 2012 Rofi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Grace Stewart masih dipanggil Grace Aja...
selama Grace Aja pergi ke rumah Grandma-nya, sahabatnya Mimi punya teman baru dan itu membuat Grace Aja sedikit sedih.
Grace Aja harus mengerjakan proyek sekolah dengan Grace F. dan Grace W. namun dari situ lah hal-hal yang begitu mengagumkan terjadi.
saya suka cerita dibuku dua ini :)) lebih banyak rasa empati dan persahabtannya dan juga gak boleh berprasangka buruk terus dengan orang lohhh...
oia, suatu saat saya juga mau bikin proyek yang dikerjakan tiga
Elena
Aug 26, 2015 Elena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Super cute and funny. A skillful way of showing the ups and downs of friendships.
Cecelia
Mar 14, 2015 Cecelia rated it liked it
I liked this book. I liked that a boy named Max moved next door to her best friend Mimi.
Deborah
Jul 11, 2015 Deborah rated it really liked it
Fun book about friends and changing relationships.
Briana Dicus
Jun 29, 2013 Briana Dicus rated it it was amazing
We just finished the second book in the Just Grace series and I think my daughter (Grace...which is why we started reading these) like it more than the first. She actually asked me to read it to her instead of me saying "Time to read!"

Cute story and I like how it's like it's Just Grace's journal or at least written in that point of view. I also like the cute illustrations. Both my girls like hearing it and after this book my Grace asked to look at a locket that I have. I think it helped her rel
Olivia
Oct 22, 2015 Olivia rated it really liked it
these were my childhood books :)
Muhajjah Saratini
Menarik.
Kayak baca diary anak SD.
Review lengkap... menyusul....
Jill
Jun 21, 2016 Jill rated it really liked it
Cute book for 8-10 year olds
  • Clementine, Friend of the Week (Clementine, #4)
  • Princess Posey and the Perfect Present (Princess Posey, #2)
  • My Last Best Friend (Friends for Keeps, #1)
  • The Dancing Pancake
  • From the Mist (Disney Fairies: The Never Girls, #4)
  • Ophie Out of Oz
  • Ivy and Bean Break the Fossil Record (Ivy and Bean, #3)
  • Plum Fantastic
  • Fairy School Dropout
  • Sixth-Grade Glommers, Norks, and Me
  • Piper Reed: Navy Brat (Piper Reed #1)
  • Eggs over Evie
  • Elvis & Olive
  • Life, Starring Me! (Candy Apple #18)
  • Judy Moody, Girl Detective (Judy Moody, #9)
  • Making Waves (Candy Apple #10)
  • Class Clown
  • Monster Mash (Babymouse, #9)

Just Grace (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Just Grace (Just Grace, #1)
  • Just Grace Walks the Dog (Just Grace, #3)
  • Just Grace Goes Green (Just Grace, #4)
  • Just Grace and the Snack Attack (Just Grace, #5)
  • Just Grace and the Terrible Tutu (Just Grace, #6)
  • Just Grace and the Double Surprise (Just Grace, #7)
  • Just Grace and the Flower Girl Power (Just Grace, #8)
  • Just Grace, Star on Stage (Just Grace, #9)
  • Just Grace and the Trouble with Cupcakes (Just Grace, #10)
  • Just Grace and the Super Sleepover (Just Grace, #11)