Start by marking “Eva's Kitchen: Cooking with Love for Family and Friends” as Want to Read:
Eva's Kitchen: Cooking with Love for Family and Friends

Eva's Kitchen: Cooking with Love for Family and Friends

3.84  ·  Rating Details  ·  159 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Eva Longoria may be most recognized for her role as Desperate Housewives’ saucy Gabrielle Solis, but on her own time, there are few places she would rather be than in the kitchen, cooking the food she loves for her family and friends. Here is the food Eva loves to eat, and the recipes in Eva’s Kitchen trace her life story, taking readers on her culinary journey—from the fo ...more
Published April 5th 2011 by Clarkson Potter (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Eva's Kitchen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eva's Kitchen

Irene Gonzales
Oct 14, 2014 Irene Gonzales rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I watched Eva Longoria on a TV show, she talked about this cookbook so I just had to buy it, I admire Eva as a person. When I retired 3 years ago I started taking cooking lessons (yes at my old age of 63) so when I bought this book I loved how easy the instructions were so decided to try & to my big surprise I could cook a good meal! I've given this book again to my sister, cousins, God daughter, 2 nieces and good friends. I would say this book got me interested in cooking and besides I miss ...more
Crystal
Jun 14, 2011 Crystal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This has been one of my favorite cookbooks! I rarely purchase books, but this is a must have! I cannot wait to make all these delicious meals!
Laura Lee
Jun 02, 2015 Laura Lee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I initially ordered this cookbook because Eva is another Texas gal, and I'm always on the lookout for great recipes that remind me of home. I was not disappointed. She includes some real comfort food, like Carne Guisada and Chile con Carne. I was pleasantly surprised by her non-Tex Mex recipes too, though. Last week I cooked a total of 4 recipes from this book, and only one was Latin (Hungarian Paprika Chicken, Artichoke Dip, Turkey Shephard's Pie, and Cuban Ropa Vieja). They were ALL delicious, ...more
Debbie
May 19, 2012 Debbie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was a great book. Ms. Longoria has an easy style, and the photos are beautiful. She shares some family stories along with her recipes, and it's really much more than a typical cookbook that might contain one or two useful recipes. Many of these are easy to prepare, yet different from usual fare, and easy to adapt to different tastes. She includes tips that are helpful and patiently explains what may be unfamiliar. I love her pride in her heritage, how much she loves cooking, and h ...more
Kristie J.
Jan 21, 2016 Kristie J. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought it was very sweet the way Eva personalized this cookbook with her childhood memories of cooking with family and friends. Each recipe had an introduction about where she got the recipe and what it means to her. The tone was that of a friend sharing her favorite recipes with another friend. I also appreciated her respect for where our food comes from and the workers who pick it, raise it, and process it. A lot of the recipes are too complicated for me (I'm more of a 5-ingredient fast &am ...more
Emi
May 13, 2014 Emi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really good recipes. Not exactly what I was expecting but I found a lot of recipes my family will eat.
Marie-Josée
Oct 03, 2014 Marie-Josée rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbook
Very colorful book with lots of anecdotes from her life (mostly childhood). I love her Mexican and Latin American recipes.
Louise
Feb 17, 2016 Louise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
New slants to some recipes. I was pleasantly surprised by the variety.
Denise
Dec 13, 2011 Denise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book, there were some recipes that sounded really good and that I would like to try. I didn't know too much about Eva Longoria, other than that she was an actress on Desperate Houswives. The book told about her family, how she grew up on a ranch in Texas, had several sisters, including a mentally challenged sister. Eva does a lot of baking with her nieces and nephews, and included no bake recipes that her sister can make too. Interesting.
Ashwini
Apr 03, 2013 Ashwini rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Eva's passion for her food and her Mexican roots inspires the concept behind the book. Her charming persona easily come to surface in the manner in which she describes each recipe, its story and the family bonding involved around it. Great read for Mexican cuisine lovers!
Gill
Feb 16, 2012 Gill rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
This cook book has a wide range of all over the map recipe's. Few things I want to make. Liked Aunt Elsa's notes. Liked nod to grass fed cattle and other Eco tips. A little too scattered and sometimes too much personal info.
Catrina
May 29, 2012 Catrina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun recipes, lots of color photos and clear. Gives good insight to Longoria's background, but I actually wanted to try her spin on these Latin fused recipes. All celebrity allure aside... I was pleasantly surprised :)
Kathy
Jul 09, 2011 Kathy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I avoided this book for a long time. Happened to be in the library today, picked it up, and so far, the flavors look wonderful.

What a wonderful book! Definitely going on my Amazon wish list.
Natashya KitchenPuppies
Beautiful book, filled with simple and flavourful family-style recipes. See my review here:
Suzanne
Aug 21, 2011 Suzanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book had some great recipes with antidotes about where they came from. Eva includes recipes from family and friends. She also gives some backgroung on how she came to love cooking.
Lisa Hübner villarreal
I have to say this is one of the best cookbooks i've ever got. Really delicious meals in there combined with great pictures and i could totally feel the flair while cooking.
Lisa
May 28, 2011 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun cookbook to read. Haven't made anything from it yet but planning to soon. Lots of Mexican recipes that don't take too many ingredients. That's what I like!
Kim
Feb 14, 2013 Kim rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking
Not bad and easy to read/ do, I just didn't find that much that I really wanted to make out of this, but I did find a few things that will probably become staples.
Gabriela Carolina
I wasn't thrilled. The recipes were okay, but nothing new. Two recipes I want to try: avocado stuffed with shrimp and dad's shrimp cocktail.
Blake
She didn't need to have recipes... I would have bought it if it were just photos of Eva Longoria with food.
Ashley Katsuyama
May 15, 2011 Ashley Katsuyama rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking
The recipes are nothing new and the few that I've tried have not come out well.
Jessi
Jul 22, 2011 Jessi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Rather pedestrian, but overall pretty nice.
Katie
Sep 13, 2011 Katie rated it really liked it
Great Tex-Mex recipes.
Denise
Jul 08, 2011 Denise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Need to buy this book,
Lisa Rhodes
Lisa Rhodes rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2016
Sashanatasha
Sashanatasha marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2016
Sanaaya Taylor
Sanaaya Taylor rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2016
kristi inshaw
kristi inshaw marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2016
Meredith Stills
Meredith Stills rated it did not like it
Jul 06, 2016
Es
Es marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Casserole Queens Cookbook: Put Some Lovin' in Your Oven with 100 Easy One-Dish Recipes
  • Michael Symon's Live to Cook: Recipes and Techniques to Rock Your Kitchen
  • Bobby Flay's Throwdown!: More Than 100 Recipes from Food Network's Ultimate Cooking Challenge
  • Southern Plate: Classic Comfort Food That Makes Everyone Feel Like Family
  • A Love Affair With Southern Cooking: Recipes And Recollections
  • Top Pot Hand-Forged Doughnuts: Secrets and Recipes for the Home Baker
  • Cooking with My Sisters: One Hundred Years of Family Recipes, from Bari to Big Stone Gap
  • Top Secret Recipes--Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits, & Shakes: Creating Cool Kitchen Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Drinks
  • Great Food, All Day Long: Cook Splendidly, Eat Smart
  • Ginger and Ganesh: Adventures in Indian Cooking, Culture, and Love
  • Down Home with the Neelys: A Southern Family Cookbook
  • Fannie's Last Supper: Re-creating One Amazing Meal from Fannie Farmer's 1896 Cookbook
  • Everyday Food: Fresh Flavor Fast: 250 Easy, Delicious Recipes for Any Time of Day
  • Saveur: The New Comfort Food: Home Cooking from Around the World
  • D.I.Y. Delicious: Recipes and Ideas for Simple Food from Scratch
  • BabyCakes Covers the Classics: Gluten-Free Vegan Recipes from Donuts to Snickerdoodles
  • Ancient Grains for Modern Meals: Mediterranean Whole Grain Recipes for Barley, Farro, Kamut, Polenta, Wheat Berries & More
  • The Sriracha Cookbook: 50 "Rooster Sauce" Recipes that Pack a Punch
4196655
Eva Jacqueline Longoria (née Eva Jacqueline Longoria) is an American actress. She is best known for portraying Gabrielle Solis on the ABC television series Desperate Housewives.

She became a nationally recognized model in the 2000s after appearing in several high-profile advertising campaigns and numerous men's magazines, reaching #14 in the FHM "Sexiest Women 2008" poll, and having appeared on the
More about Eva Longoria...