Eva's Kitchen: Cooking with Love for Family and Friends

Eva's Kitchen: Cooking with Love for Family and Friends

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  107 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Eva Longoria may be most recognized for her role as Desperate Housewives’ saucy Gabrielle Solis, but on her own time, there are few places she would rather be than in the kitchen, cooking the food she loves for her family and friends. Here is the food Eva loves to eat, and the recipes in Eva’s Kitchen trace her life story, taking readers on her culinary journey—from the fo...more
Published April 5th 2011 by Clarkson Potter (first published January 1st 2011)

Crystal
This has been one of my favorite cookbooks! I rarely purchase books, but this is a must have! I cannot wait to make all these delicious meals!
Laura Lee
I initially ordered this cookbook because Eva is another Texas gal, and I'm always on the lookout for great recipes that remind me of home. I was not disappointed. She includes some real comfort food, like Carne Guisada and Chile con Carne. I was pleasantly surprised by her non-Tex Mex recipes too, though. Last week I cooked a total of 4 recipes from this book, and only one was Latin (Hungarian Paprika Chicken, Artichoke Dip, Turkey Shephard's Pie, and Cuban Ropa Vieja). They were ALL delicious,...more
Debbie
I thought this was a great book. Ms. Longoria has an easy style, and the photos are beautiful. She shares some family stories along with her recipes, and it's really much more than a typical cookbook that might contain one or two useful recipes. Many of these are easy to prepare, yet different from usual fare, and easy to adapt to different tastes. She includes tips that are helpful and patiently explains what may be unfamiliar. I love her pride in her heritage, how much she loves cooking, and h...more
Emi
Really good recipes. Not exactly what I was expecting but I found a lot of recipes my family will eat.
Denise
I enjoyed this book, there were some recipes that sounded really good and that I would like to try. I didn't know too much about Eva Longoria, other than that she was an actress on Desperate Houswives. The book told about her family, how she grew up on a ranch in Texas, had several sisters, including a mentally challenged sister. Eva does a lot of baking with her nieces and nephews, and included no bake recipes that her sister can make too. Interesting.
Ashwini
Eva's passion for her food and her Mexican roots inspires the concept behind the book. Her charming persona easily come to surface in the manner in which she describes each recipe, its story and the family bonding involved around it. Great read for Mexican cuisine lovers!
Gill
This cook book has a wide range of all over the map recipe's. Few things I want to make. Liked Aunt Elsa's notes. Liked nod to grass fed cattle and other Eco tips. A little too scattered and sometimes too much personal info.
Catrina
Fun recipes, lots of color photos and clear. Gives good insight to Longoria's background, but I actually wanted to try her spin on these Latin fused recipes. All celebrity allure aside... I was pleasantly surprised :)
Kathy
I avoided this book for a long time. Happened to be in the library today, picked it up, and so far, the flavors look wonderful.

What a wonderful book! Definitely going on my Amazon wish list.
Natashya KitchenPuppies
Beautiful book, filled with simple and flavourful family-style recipes. See my review here:
Suzanne
The book had some great recipes with antidotes about where they came from. Eva includes recipes from family and friends. She also gives some backgroung on how she came to love cooking.
Lisa Hübner villarreal
I have to say this is one of the best cookbooks i've ever got. Really delicious meals in there combined with great pictures and i could totally feel the flair while cooking.
Lisa
Fun cookbook to read. Haven't made anything from it yet but planning to soon. Lots of Mexican recipes that don't take too many ingredients. That's what I like!
Kim
Not bad and easy to read/ do, I just didn't find that much that I really wanted to make out of this, but I did find a few things that will probably become staples.
Gabriela Carolina
I wasn't thrilled. The recipes were okay, but nothing new. Two recipes I want to try: avocado stuffed with shrimp and dad's shrimp cocktail.
Blake
She didn't need to have recipes... I would have bought it if it were just photos of Eva Longoria with food.
Ashley Katsuyama
The recipes are nothing new and the few that I've tried have not come out well.
Jessi
Rather pedestrian, but overall pretty nice.
Katie
Great Tex-Mex recipes.
Denise
Need to buy this book,
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
chasey
chasey is currently reading it
Jul 20, 2014
Zadrian Garth
Zadrian Garth is currently reading it
Jul 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
4196655
Eva Jacqueline Longoria (née Eva Jacqueline Longoria) is an American actress. She is best known for portraying Gabrielle Solis on the ABC television series Desperate Housewives.

She became a nationally recognized model in the 2000s after appearing in several high-profile advertising campaigns and numerous men's magazines, reaching #14 in the FHM "Sexiest Women 2008" poll, and having appeared on the...more
More about Eva Longoria...
Over Her Dead Body