Start by marking “Eva's Kitchen: Cooking with Love for Family and Friends” as Want to Read:
Eva's Kitchen: Cooking with Love for Family and Friends

Eva's Kitchen: Cooking with Love for Family and Friends

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  144 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Eva Longoria may be most recognized for her role as Desperate Housewives’ saucy Gabrielle Solis, but on her own time, there are few places she would rather be than in the kitchen, cooking the food she loves for her family and friends. Here is the food Eva loves to eat, and the recipes in Eva’s Kitchen trace her life story, taking readers on her culinary journey—from the fo ...more
Published April 5th 2011 by Clarkson Potter (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Eva's Kitchen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eva's Kitchen

Irene Gonzales
I watched Eva Longoria on a TV show, she talked about this cookbook so I just had to buy it, I admire Eva as a person. When I retired 3 years ago I started taking cooking lessons (yes at my old age of 63) so when I bought this book I loved how easy the instructions were so decided to try & to my big surprise I could cook a good meal! I've given this book again to my sister, cousins, God daughter, 2 nieces and good friends. I would say this book got me interested in cooking and besides I miss ...more
This has been one of my favorite cookbooks! I rarely purchase books, but this is a must have! I cannot wait to make all these delicious meals!
Laura Lee
I initially ordered this cookbook because Eva is another Texas gal, and I'm always on the lookout for great recipes that remind me of home. I was not disappointed. She includes some real comfort food, like Carne Guisada and Chile con Carne. I was pleasantly surprised by her non-Tex Mex recipes too, though. Last week I cooked a total of 4 recipes from this book, and only one was Latin (Hungarian Paprika Chicken, Artichoke Dip, Turkey Shephard's Pie, and Cuban Ropa Vieja). They were ALL delicious, ...more
I thought this was a great book. Ms. Longoria has an easy style, and the photos are beautiful. She shares some family stories along with her recipes, and it's really much more than a typical cookbook that might contain one or two useful recipes. Many of these are easy to prepare, yet different from usual fare, and easy to adapt to different tastes. She includes tips that are helpful and patiently explains what may be unfamiliar. I love her pride in her heritage, how much she loves cooking, and h ...more
Really good recipes. Not exactly what I was expecting but I found a lot of recipes my family will eat.
Very colorful book with lots of anecdotes from her life (mostly childhood). I love her Mexican and Latin American recipes.
I enjoyed this book, there were some recipes that sounded really good and that I would like to try. I didn't know too much about Eva Longoria, other than that she was an actress on Desperate Houswives. The book told about her family, how she grew up on a ranch in Texas, had several sisters, including a mentally challenged sister. Eva does a lot of baking with her nieces and nephews, and included no bake recipes that her sister can make too. Interesting.
Eva's passion for her food and her Mexican roots inspires the concept behind the book. Her charming persona easily come to surface in the manner in which she describes each recipe, its story and the family bonding involved around it. Great read for Mexican cuisine lovers!
This cook book has a wide range of all over the map recipe's. Few things I want to make. Liked Aunt Elsa's notes. Liked nod to grass fed cattle and other Eco tips. A little too scattered and sometimes too much personal info.
Fun recipes, lots of color photos and clear. Gives good insight to Longoria's background, but I actually wanted to try her spin on these Latin fused recipes. All celebrity allure aside... I was pleasantly surprised :)
I avoided this book for a long time. Happened to be in the library today, picked it up, and so far, the flavors look wonderful.

What a wonderful book! Definitely going on my Amazon wish list.
Natashya KitchenPuppies
Beautiful book, filled with simple and flavourful family-style recipes. See my review here:
The book had some great recipes with antidotes about where they came from. Eva includes recipes from family and friends. She also gives some backgroung on how she came to love cooking.
Lisa Hübner villarreal
I have to say this is one of the best cookbooks i've ever got. Really delicious meals in there combined with great pictures and i could totally feel the flair while cooking.
Fun cookbook to read. Haven't made anything from it yet but planning to soon. Lots of Mexican recipes that don't take too many ingredients. That's what I like!
Not bad and easy to read/ do, I just didn't find that much that I really wanted to make out of this, but I did find a few things that will probably become staples.
Gabriela Carolina
I wasn't thrilled. The recipes were okay, but nothing new. Two recipes I want to try: avocado stuffed with shrimp and dad's shrimp cocktail.
She didn't need to have recipes... I would have bought it if it were just photos of Eva Longoria with food.
Ashley Katsuyama
The recipes are nothing new and the few that I've tried have not come out well.
Rather pedestrian, but overall pretty nice.
Great Tex-Mex recipes.
Need to buy this book,
Letty Diaz
Letty Diaz is currently reading it
Nov 01, 2015
Lynn added it
Oct 07, 2015
C Johnson
C Johnson marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Casserole Queens Cookbook: Put Some Lovin' in Your Oven with 100 Easy One-Dish Recipes
  • Michael Symon's Live to Cook: Recipes and Techniques to Rock Your Kitchen
  • Bobby Flay's Bar Americain Cookbook
  • Southern Plate: Classic Comfort Food That Makes Everyone Feel Like Family
  • A Love Affair With Southern Cooking: Recipes And Recollections
  • Saveur: The New Comfort Food: Home Cooking from Around the World
  • Top Secret Recipes--Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits, & Shakes: Creating Cool Kitchen Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Drinks
  • I Can't Believe It's Not Fattening!: Over 150 Ridiculously Easy Recipes for the Super Busy
  • Martha's American Food: A Celebration of Our Nation's Most Treasured Dishes, from Coast to Coast
  • Get Cooking: 150 Simple Recipes to Get You Started in the Kitchen
  • Top Pot Hand-Forged Doughnuts: Secrets and Recipes for the Home Baker
  • The Lee Bros. Simple Fresh Southern: Knockout Dishes with Down-Home Flavor
  • Nigellissima: Instant Italian Inspiration
  • Glorious One-Pot Meals: A Revolutionary New Quick and Healthy Approach to Dutch-Oven Cooking
  • Great Food, All Day Long: Cook Splendidly, Eat Smart
  • Down Home with the Neelys: A Southern Family Cookbook
  • Home Cooking with Trisha Yearwood: Stories and Recipes to Share with Family and Friends
  • Slow Cooker: The Best Cookbook Ever
Eva Jacqueline Longoria (née Eva Jacqueline Longoria) is an American actress. She is best known for portraying Gabrielle Solis on the ABC television series Desperate Housewives.

She became a nationally recognized model in the 2000s after appearing in several high-profile advertising campaigns and numerous men's magazines, reaching #14 in the FHM "Sexiest Women 2008" poll, and having appeared on the
More about Eva Longoria...