Start by marking “Casse-tête (Locke & Key, #2)” as Want to Read:
Casse-tête (Locke & Key, #2)

Casse-tête (Locke & Key #2)

4.37 of 5 stars 4.37  ·  rating details  ·  14,747 ratings  ·  837 reviews
Et si surmonter ses peurs était aussi simple que de tourner une clé dans une serrure ? Après le drame qui a frappé leur famille, Kinsey et Tyler Locke cherchent du réconfort auprès de Dodge, leur nouvel ami. Mais ils sont loin d'imaginer les noirs secrets de son coeur. Pendant ce temps, leur petit frère Bode met la main sur une clé au pouvoir insoupçonnable. Un pouvoir qui ...more
Published June 24th 2011 by Milady Graphics (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Casse-tête, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Casse-tête

Raeleen Lemay
*4.5*

I liked this one even more than the first! I was glad that it focused more on the keys and WHAT THEY MEAN, as well as all the supernatural things that go along with them.

On to volume 3!
Algernon

Their father was murdered.
They don’t know one of their closest friends is really their enemy...
And he’ll stop at nothing to get the key to the black door.
The other keys have the power to save them.
This is where they’ll make their stand.

house

“They” are the Locke kids from the title of the series: Tyler, Kinsey and Bode. In the first volume, they must overcome personal tragedy and survive the terror of being hunted by a psychopat. Now they find out that there is more to discover behind the murder of
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

It’s time for another visit to Keyhouse : )

Commercial Photography

Head Games is the second volume in the Locke and Key series. While I’m still holding firm to the hope that this will end up being a 5 Star collection, this particular volume only earns 4 . . . Which is still good, so lay off! After a gut-wrenching and action packed debut, Volume II settles down a bit in order to go over some much needed, but not as exciting, backstory. In order to move forwar
Trudi

2015 re-read. Magical, wondrous, crazy series continues to feel magical, wondrous and crazy. Like Warren Ellis in his introduction to this volume, I too want to find a key that opens up Joe Hill's head and steal from within all the "clever bits" -- because Mr. Hill is just too clever for his own damn good. Can this series possibly end as Herculean strong as it's begun? Also, a resounding standing ovation for the artwork of Gabriel Rodriguez.

2012 review:
If you've yet to begin on the wondrous and
mark monday
oooooo..... more eerie adventures on that strange island in that creepy Key House with that poor, haunted family. wonderful! this volume is as strong as the first. while the first book was focused on slowly bringing the family and the reader into this fascinating world - introducing a handful of magical keys, throwing out a few hints of the incredible backstory, setting up a confrontation between the family and both a dreadful psycho & a creepy spirit villain - the second book zooms in one p ...more
Wil Wheaton
Just like the great second chapters in epic series (like Empire Strikes Back or The Two Towers) this ends on a very dark, down, disturbing note. Things just keep getting worse for the Locke family, and I'm really glad that I'm so late to the party on Locke & Key, because I can go right into Volume 3 without letting the despair of Volume 2 linger too long.
Kristijan
Obično me nastavci filmova, romana, grafičkih novela,... razočaraju ali Hil i Rodrigez definitivno znaju svoj posao. Mislim da sam totalno navučen na ovu grafičku novelu. Oduševljava me Rodrigezov smisao za detalje i mračan ton Hilove priče.
Moram priznati da je Darkwood odradio pravu stvar sa ovim izdanjem, a Marčelu svaka čast za prevod!
David Sven
The story from the first graphic novel “Welcome to Lovecraft” continues right where we left of in “Head Games.” Right from the get go I should say that you can remove from your mind any notion that this will have the same gore-fest we got in book 1. And that I think is a good thing because the story, even in book 1 was never about the violence. It was always about the keys. Having said that, I think this book actually maintains the dark and sinister (even more sinister) undertones we began with. ...more
Michael
The second chapter in Joe Hill's brilliant dark magical mystery. The Locke kids have survived the traumas of book one but in this one the threat is far more insidious. They have a viper in their midst disguised as Tyler Locke's new best school friend Zack Wells. Zack is the mysterious creature Bode met trapped in the well house in book one. He's a nasty piece of work too, ruthlessly murdering or manipulating anyone who can unmask him. Hill creates great characters with complex history and psycho ...more
Brendon Schrodinger
I'm going to attempt to review the second part of a serial story without any spoilers. It's going to be short.

Head Games follows on from the first volume with a more insular look into memory and emotions, therefore the Head Games title. With the previous traumas that the Locke family had suffered, what happens when they have the chance to forget things or remove emotions? It is a very tempting situation. This theme is then woven into the ongoing story line and instigates events.

While Volume two
El
As I figured in my review of Vol 1 of Locke & Key, the series is getting cooler as we go along. I love watching things slooooowly unfold.

I felt parts of this story (or the illustrations matching with the story? Meh.) were a tad disjointed, but the main premise behind this installment is wicked cool. I have always been fascinated with the idea of removing memories (or just random stupid shit that's clogging up the works, like high school Chemistry or sumthin), or just how memories work (can't
Ferdy
Really liked it, the plot and characters were interesting and the artwork was done really well. Loved the whole key aspect and the mystery surrounding Luke/ZacK/Dodge.
Bode was definitely the best character, didn't like Tyler as much, he was pretty daft blabbing about the keys - he should have learned not to trust so easily especially after what happened with his dad.
Sam Quixote
The Locke family kids, Tyler, Kinsey and Bode, are slowly recovering from their father’s brutal death and settling in to their Lovecraftian manse which is located in, funnily enough, Lovecraft, Massachusetts. But their new friend, Zack Wells (because he lived in a well, geddit?!) aka Lucas “Luke” Don Caravaggio (Worst. Character Name. Ever.) is killing people because he has a plan for the Locke kids that nobody knows anything about but it’s bound to be creepy. Also: more magic keys!

I have no ide
Becky
I feel almost a little bad giving this volume only 4 stars, because it was another great volume in what's sure to be a fantastic series. I just came into this one expecting the same kind of raw emotional power that the first volume had, and unfortunately it was missing.

That's not to say that this volume wasn't as good, it was just good in a slightly different way. We get to learn more about the characters, and see more of their history, and their innermost thoughts and fears, which I loved. We'
Ronyell
After reading the first volume of Joe Hill’s fantastic “Locke and Key” series, “Welcome to Lovecraft,” I wanted to see more adventures from the Locke siblings, Tyler, Kinsey and Bode! But after reading the second volume of the “Locke and Key” series, “Head Games,” I got even more than I bargained for as I not only saw more adventures starring the Locke kids, but we also got more background information on the mysterious “lady in the well” or is known as Zack in this volume! “Locke and Key: Head G ...more
Anne
Wow. This is a series I would recommend even if you're not traditionally a fan of horror or the graphic medium. Really. It's just storytelling at it's best.

Volume 2 is about the Head Key. As far as the Key goes, I thought it was less scary and more sci-fi. I'm sure a lot of you would disagree with me, but it just didn't seem creepy to unlock your head. Weird, strange, and slightly unsettling, but not horrific.
No, all the horror in this one came from seeing Zack slowly insinuating himself into t
Keely
Well, I was hoping that if I kept on with the series, I'd get used to the art, but unfortunately not. Giant chins and tiny, lipless mouths everywhere. And everyone looks like a pallid corpse thanks to the questionable choice of shading all fleshtones with an unsaturated grey. It's just not pretty.

And I don't think it's some deliberate attempt at disquieting horror art, either, because low-saturation isn't the way to make unsettlingly corpselike characters. There's a whole palette of greens, blu
Brandon
This volume is even better than the first! Unfortunately, I can't give it anything higher than 5 stars. If there was an option, I'd do that. I have a feeling this entire series is going to end up on my favorites list - well, barring some unforeseen decline in quality.

I tore through this in one sitting, not that there was a lot of material here. Coming in at 160 pages, this book is so tightly edited that it barely gives the reader any time to breathe. That's not to say that it suffers from any pa
Pete
That's what's up. Things are heating up with more keys opening doors that cause mind bending....stuff. More is revealed as to why the events from vol. 1 took place.

What's cool about this graphic novel is that it probably would not work as a regular book. A lot of the concepts would require LSD to paint the same image in your head as Hill and Rodriguez have in theirs. Great art.
Sesana
This volume is exposition central. It really expands on the cliffhanger at the end of the first volume (that the Locke family has now befriended a monster). There's a lot of tension from that: Will they realize who he is? What is he doing here? What will he do next? What is he, really? And what, exactly, is his agenda? And then there's the head key, which literally opens the mind so you can look inside and manipulate your own thoughts, memories, and emotions. Or somebody else can do it for you, ...more
Rob
Story
This one focuses on the Head Key, which is just crazy. I really find myself getting attached to the Locke kids here. We get inside their heads (literally) and get a better understanding for who they are.

I also really like Rufus.

Artwork
The artwork continues to impress. I especially like how he handles the head key. I don't think my imagination would have done it the same justice. This really is a story that works better as a graphic novel.
Paul Nelson
Locke & Key volume 2, Head Games brings yet more of the magical keys first encountered in Welcome to Lovecraft and of course focuses on a key that unlocks the mind. Not just metaphorically, this key actually removes the top half of your head and all your memories, emotions and well pretty much everything is on display like naked twister (scary thought).

The Locke children start to experiment, Kinsey removes tears and fear from her head, Ty crams books into his to avoid homework and Bode well
Raina
I am completely eating this series up.

(view spoiler) There are a lot of cool new characters.

The execution and illustration is stellar. To the point where I have nothing to say about it. I love that Rodriguez is including square views of the house, and extra f
Scott (GrilledCheeseSamurai)

This 2nd volume is a little less gruesome - but no less menacing.

Imagine a key that you can use to unlock your head and take stuff out that you don't want to remember...or put stuff in that you instantly want to learn.

Yeah. Pretty f'ing cool.

There's also some murder. Glorious, Joe Hill scripted, murder.

I say yes please.
rhea
Nov 17, 2011 rhea rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to rhea by: Nick Kives
I don't remember many of my exact thoughts since I finished this book during my wedding week and my brain was everywhere, sort of like this book. If I recall correctly though, I think I said/thought things such as: "Wha?!" "Whoa!" "Ew!" & "Cool." I can't wait to read on!
Chris
My exposure to Joe Hill has been limited. It wasn't until a few months ago I found this author, and then found out that he is the son of Stephen King. I have read two of Hill's novels and, I try not to, but I keep comparing him to his father. Hill has yet to impress me, but when a friend reviewed Locke and Key, Vol. 1: Welcome to Lovecraft, I figured this is a different media and I might finally be able to see Hill for who he is. I'm glad I picked up this series because Hill is defiantly growing ...more
Vanessa
The second installment of Locke & Key was just as captivating at the first, but takes a real step into the surreal. The drawings are astounding in this volume, and I just love Gabriel Rodriguez's art style. I do find the storyline to be a tad confusing at times, but this doesn't take away from my enjoyment of the graphic novel as a whole. I can't wait to read the next volume!
Clark Hallman
Locke & Key, Volume 2: Head Games by Joe Hill (writer) and Gabriel Rodriguez (artist) – Hill again places his characters in confusing, fantastic, and dangerous situations in Head Games. Bode the younger child finds a mysterious key that can be used to change what a person fears, what they know, and what skills they can master. It’s another grievous, and deadly installment in this fascinating series. Hill’s story is excellent and the art work by Rodriguez is wonderful in this graphic novel.
The Flooze
Just re-read this and it's still intriguing. The mix of gore and mystery is thrilling. The amount of detail in each frame is sometimes astounding and I noticed even more clues this time around. One of the themes of this installment is that memories are unreliable things; I'm so pleased to say this series is just as great as I remember!
___________________________________________

So far, this series has impressed me. Both the story and the artwork display a wonderful level of imagination and a stro
Reads of a geek a...: Locke and Key Vol. 2 1 3 Feb 10, 2014 09:26AM
  • American Vampire, Vol. 4
  • Chew, Vol. 5: Major League
  • The Unwritten, Vol. 3: Dead Man's Knock
  • Sweet Tooth, Vol. 3: Animal Armies
  • Revival, Vol. 2: Live Like You Mean It
  • Fatale, Vol. 2: The Devil's Business
  • Saga, Volume 2 (Saga #7-12)
  • Morning Glories, Vol. 3: P.E.
  • The Walking Dead, Vol. 13: Too Far Gone
  • The Sixth Gun, Vol. 1: Cold Dead Fingers
Joseph Hillstrom King (born 1972) is an American writer of fiction, writing under the pen name of Joe Hill.

Hill is the the second child of authors Stephen King and Tabitha King. His younger brother Owen King is also a writer. He has three children.

Hill's first book, the limited edition collection 20th Century Ghosts published in 2005 by PS Publishing, showcases fourteen of his short stories and wo
More about Joe Hill...

Locke & Key (6 books)
  • Locke & Key, Vol. 1: Welcome to Lovecraft
  • Locke & Key, Vol. 3: Crown of Shadows
  • Locke & Key, Vol. 4: Keys to the Kingdom
  • Locke & Key, Vol. 5: Clockworks
  • Locke & Key, Vol. 6: Alpha & Omega
Heart-Shaped Box Horns NOS4A2 Locke & Key, Vol. 1: Welcome to Lovecraft 20th Century Ghosts

“-one teebs? You mean tablespoon?"
"I don't know.”
4 likes
“That's it? 'Damn, it smells like the fishsticks are burning and don't do that with your head, Bode?' What the fuck?” 2 likes