Start by marking “Bad Sisters” as Want to Read:
Bad Sisters

Bad Sisters

Deeley is the fake wife of a Hollywood TV hunk, who is secretly gay. But Deeley's five-year contract is up, and his cut-throat publicist wants Deeley out. So, dejected and penniless, Deeley wends her way home to London, hoping to re-establish links with her two estranged elder sisters.
Published August 1st 2011 by Simon & Schuster (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Bad Sisters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad Sisters

Shaz Goodwin
Jul 09, 2011 Shaz Goodwin rated it really liked it
There’s been much excitement as bloggers have been tweeting about reading Bad Sisters. Much enjoyment shared too.

At the start of our journey through the three sisters lives, the scene is set in the prologue when we’re in 1993. Deely is 9, Devon is 13 and Maxie the eldest at 17. Straight away we are introduced to their childhood and the secret that determines how the sisters react to the world around them.

We read about each sister in separate chapters, which flow seamlessly from one sister to th
Nathan Burgoine
Apr 16, 2015 Nathan Burgoine rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobooks
I recently had the opportunity to hear Rebecca Chance speak at the Saints and Sinners Literary Festival in New Orleans, and walked directly to the bookshop right after the panel ended. She was - in a word - hysterical.

Like many, I read Sidney Sheldon's If Tomorrow Comes and fell in love with the idea of a woman taking back the reins of her life after someone had destroyed it - and having delicious sex to boot. Rebecca Chance was described as “Jackie Collins meets Sidney Sheldon in a gay bar in
Zarina
Aug 19, 2011 Zarina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
I don't generally give a book I assume to be a chick-lit 5 stars (unless it includes cupcake recipes - as I have a weak spot for cupcakes!) as I see them as mindless reading fun rather than something that makes me think beyond the inevitable romantic conclusion. However, I don't think Bad Sisters is an ordinary chick-lit, if it falls into that category at all. While it certainly contains romantic relationships (and very sexy scenes) it's also filled with suspense, intrigue, drama and a generous ...more
Melanie Trevelyan
Oct 07, 2011 Melanie Trevelyan rated it really liked it
This book follows the fortunes of three sisters, Maxi, Deeley and Devon. They all share a dark secret one which had to be buried to ensure the success they have built for themselves.
Each chapter follows one of the characters, the ruthless Maxi, TV cookery hit Devon and the Hollywood princess Deeley.

A terrible chain of events is set into motion when Deeley is sent packing from her comfortable Hollywood lifestyle and appeals to her sisters for help. Both are reluctant, their younger, needy sister
Amanda
Dec 12, 2013 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Another great read by Rebecca Chance. Probably my favourite out of the other 3 I have read, had a great story and characters were very relatable. Loved it!! Can't wait to read her other 2 and really hope she continues writing more!!
Debbie Baldock
Jan 28, 2014 Debbie Baldock rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading about the 3 sisters rise from bad childhood to glamorous famous women and their present lives. They are then forced to acknowledge what happened in their past which has a good twist to it.
Emma
Jan 18, 2017 Emma rated it it was amazing
This author seriously never disappoints, always edgy and sexy and so hard to put down her books, always love reading what she has in store
Ingrid
Mar 06, 2017 Ingrid rated it liked it
Fun and easy reading about three very different sisters sharing a dark secret. Great Characters, good plot and a satisfying ending!
Georgina
Aug 26, 2011 Georgina rated it it was amazing

Bad Sisters, is a novel that as soon as I first heard about it. I knew I wanted to read. Just from the cover I could tell that it would be another of Rebecca Chance’s fun, glamorous novels. After reading and loving her two previous novels, Divas and Bad Sisters, I now see Rebecca Chance as a younger fresher version of Jackie Collins, looking into the celebrity world in England.

Three sisters have a deadly secret that they must keep hidden at all costs. First the
Susan Becraft
Jan 21, 2015 Susan Becraft rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A parlor game, drinking game and book?

Having read thousands of books in my life, I have never encountered anything like Bad Sisters. It was part English parlor game, Yankee drinking game and a mind-numbing story.

First the parlor game. Almost every paragraph and many "sentences" began as follows: ", while she was walking down the street." (quotation marks mine). What, pray tell, preceded the comma? I made a game of guessing. Was she humming, thinking of a way to snag her sister's husband? I merri
Sandy Cox
Oct 08, 2012 Sandy Cox rated it liked it
Shelves: ideas-from-mbtb
Maxie and Devon have the perfect lives.

Maxie runs a fictional version of Burberry, while her husband is a member of Parliament and they are on the verge of adopting a baby girl.

Devon is Britain's sexier version of Martha Stewart and married to one of the top footballers in country.

Everything in their lives is picture perfect until her youngest sister Deeley arrives home from Hollywood, where she was just "dumped" by her in the closet boyfriend. Trying to make a new a little money for her new l
Hsiau Wei
Nov 08, 2011 Hsiau Wei rated it really liked it
I ve read the earlier books by the author and i have that her writing have improved and the plot is vey much engaging ;) The story is about three sisters, who during their early days, have committed a murder. And 18 years later when everything seems to be fine for the three sisters, things that threaten their present status begun to emerge. Among the three sisters, Maxie is depicted as the stronger character, Devon as the follower while Deeley, being the youngest sister, the weakest among the si ...more
Jenny mcfarlane
Feb 07, 2017 Jenny mcfarlane rated it it was amazing
i enjoyed this book
Shelley
Oct 05, 2011 Shelley rated it liked it
Shelves: chic-lit
Not the usual light and fluffy chic-lit I had expected. First time reading a Rebecca Chance and I was pleasantly surprised.

Three sisters are living lives which many would envy, at least from the outside. Devon and Deeley are barely surviving emotionally day to day, whilst the eldest, Maxine, appears to have everything the way she wants it. Devon is a binge eater, Deeley is an air head. As the reader gets to know Maxine, her sisters' behaviour becomes more and more understandable.

There is a dept
Laila Bangwar
May 01, 2014 Laila Bangwar rated it really liked it
The McKenna sisters. The amount of times the author spoke about the beauty of these girls just made me fall in love with them. Never have I ever read about a character that is oh so gorgeous. Perfect skin, hair, face. But their beauty was necessary wasn't it? For the kind of fame and attention they received, it was necessary to remind the readers of their beauty. I enjoyed this book though by the very end everything was crystal clear but the state of mess these girls were in and were going throu ...more
AshleyiSee
Feb 27, 2012 AshleyiSee rated it liked it
People think 50 Shades of Grey was scandalous? Well Chance didn't go so far into SMDM, but this book can be seen as a appetiser for James' books. I wasn't particularly impressed with the writing, it read like a Jerry Springer show towards the end and honestly the drama is so entertaining I couldn't help but it give it a three. Reading 50 Shades? Give this book a chance for some more hot and spicy English writing that wouldn't ask you to think too hard.
Danielle
Jan 10, 2016 Danielle rated it it was amazing
I love love love this author ❤ all of her books are amazing!
Bad sisters is about 3 siblings who have a rough childhood and one night they committed a crime. The book goes on to tell you about the lives now and how it all comes out of the woodworks when one sister returns from living overseas for 5 years. Having all the sisters back together secrets start coming out and even more shocking is the betrayal between them.

I give this book 5 stars
Jennifer Antony
Nov 25, 2015 Jennifer Antony rated it it was amazing
I choosed the book mainly becuase of the cover. I find most of Rebecca's cover book are amazingly designed. Right from the beginning I didn't liked Maxie's character, she seems to be sophisticated and full on attitude. Devon is funny where else the lost Deeley is trying to find herself adapting with current situation after being dumped.

Emily Ireland
Mar 15, 2015 Emily Ireland rated it it was amazing
Like bad brides I couldn't put this book down. I now know not to attempt to read one of Rebecca's books unless I can afford to take time out to just finish the book. While the ending felt a bit rushed, kind of a sprint to just wrap the book up, every single piece of this story is so vividly east to picture, there is something about Chance's writing that just takes me there instantly
Cassie Caine
Mar 14, 2014 Cassie Caine rated it liked it
Bit of a poor sister to the first two Rebecca Chance books, and I was a bit iffy about the part where one of the sisters builds character by going to Europe and taking it up the bum from an Italian count. Decent fun though overall.
Sandra
Sep 18, 2012 Sandra rated it liked it
I found it quite hard to warm to the characters in this book - Deeley was the only one that I had any feelings for. I found Maxie to be a horrible person (which I think Rebecca Chance wanted the reader to feel). I liked the ending and was happy it went the way that it did.
Sally Hope
Aug 22, 2012 Sally Hope rated it liked it
I am still reading Bad Sisters. I have read Bad Girls which I enjoyed. Bad Sisters first few chapters are very explanatory. Rebecca likes to name each chapter and base it on the point of view of one of the characters. I will let you know how I feel about this book once I have finished it.
Babola
Aug 27, 2012 Babola rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, I had to stay up to finish reading it as I could not put it down, I have purchased killer heels and am reading that at the moment but would love to also read her other books. Highly recommended.
Hayley
Sep 01, 2012 Hayley rated it it was amazing
This book should be made into a film. It is sexual and devious, like a regular woman, it gives such a twist at the end. The characters are portrayed in such detail. I think all women should read this book. I couldn't put it down and I cannot wait to read another one of her books!!
Giulia
Jan 21, 2013 Giulia rated it liked it
La trama era interessante, i personaggi anche, avrei voluto leggere qualcosa di più del finale però.
Ho adorato Deelay e Devon, e odiato a morte Maxie.
Matt è il mio marito ideale, stupida Devon; niente a che vedere con l 'italiano Cesare pieno di stereotipi dell'italiota.
Courtney Smyth
Apr 08, 2015 Courtney Smyth rated it really liked it
This is the first book by Rebecca Chance I've actually honestly enjoyed ! I couldn't put it down, pure escapism, a bit of mystery as well, good twist at the end ! After reading I may just give her other books another chance !
Julie
Mar 08, 2013 Julie rated it liked it
Enjoyable chick lit
Tara
Dec 02, 2014 Tara rated it it was ok
Shelves: abandoned
I didn't actually finish this. It was OK for a light read - but I put it down and forgot that I hadn't finished it - not a great sign
Sabrina Williams
Aug 28, 2011 Sabrina Williams rated it liked it
Nice, easy going read but a bit disappointed with the ending
Kerri Mccaw
Nov 25, 2012 Kerri Mccaw rated it really liked it
Took me a while to get into this book, but once I did and had a feel for characters I really enjoyed it.
  • If This is Paradise, I Want My Money Back
  • He's the One
  • Wives V. Girlfriends
  • Crazy in Love
  • Neurotica
Rebecca Chance was born in Hampstead to international art dealer parents, and grew up in the exclusive millionaire’s row surroundings of London’s St John’s Wood. Tiring of her cushioned, privileged existence, she ran away to Tuscany to live a wild bohemian life on a wine-making estate, where she lived in a 14th century villa in a Chianti vineyard, partying with artists, learning Italian, and picki ...more
More about Rebecca Chance...