Start by marking “Wild Cat (Shifters Unbound, #3)” as Want to Read:
Wild Cat (Shifters Unbound, #3)

Wild Cat (Shifters Unbound #3)

4.09  ·  Rating Details ·  5,565 Ratings  ·  256 Reviews
Heartbroken from the death of her mate three years ago, Shifter Cassidy Warden is tracking down his mysterious killer-one who could bring danger to all Shifters. But Detective Diego Escobar rekindles the flames of her mating desire. And once the fires begin, nothing and no one can put them out...
Published January 3rd 2012 by Berkley (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Wild Cat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Cat

Ingela
3,75 Stars - Romantic, hot and captivating as always in Shiftertown

As I said in a previous review of a novel in this Shifter Unbound series, am I all the time looking forward to know much more about the opportunity for all the different kind of shifters to become free. A Freedom from a nasty and very hard discrimination, reservats similar settlements, collars and a lot of unjust laws and rules. Everything decided by the "ordinary" people. Some small steps toward this change is also made in this
Gina
Jan 21, 2013 Gina rated it really liked it

This is about Cassidy a female Shifter that is seeking justice for the murder of her mate. Cassidy needs to perform rituals at the anniversary of his death and ends up trying to perform them at an abandon construction site. While in process of this ritual someone tries to shoot Cassidy and the police officers that were already on the scene. Diego a Las Vegas detective, he answers a call to investigate because he happened to be in the area. If you have read the previous books in the series you al
Laura the Highland Hussy
Feb 17, 2011 Laura the Highland Hussy rated it it was amazing

I just posted a review for Bodyguard which you can read HERE, which is Shifters Unbound 2.5. If any of you have read it, you know it takes place in the Austin Shiftertown, and has a full cast of familiar characters. But Wild Cat is full of all new characters, which frankly caught me off guard, but within just a few paragraphs I was so excited and caught up in the story, I forgot I was miffed.

This story takes place in Las Vegas (my hometown!), and what’s re
Jen
Another great read from Jennifer Ashley. This book is the third story in the Shifters Unbound series. I thoroughly enjoyed it, although I was surprised to see that instead of going back to Shifter Town in Austin, Texas; we were introduced to a new Shifter Town in Las Vegas. We did meet the Alpha of Vegas's clan in the last book; but we hadn't met any of the other shifters. In this installment, we are introduced to the Alpha's sister, Cassidy. She is quite a dominant shifter as well, and she lost ...more
Sophia Triad
Apr 12, 2016 Sophia Triad rated it it was amazing
This is a great book. From the shifter town in Austin, we transport to the shifter town in Las Vegas. In this town the leader is Eric, a snow leopard we met briefly in Primal Bonds.

A number of different stories are mingled wonderfully.

Let's see:

1. The main story is about Cassidy and Diego. Cassidy is Eric's sister who lost her mate a year ago. Diego is a police detective. Cassidy is trying to come in terms with the recent death of her mate and falling in love with Diego at the same time.

2. The s
Jennifer Ashley
Mar 16, 2011 Jennifer Ashley added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Book 3 of Shifters Unbound. (Diego and Cassidy.)
Melindeeloo
Answering a call for backup in an abandoned Vegas high rise,Vice Detective Diego Escobar arrests the feline shifter female Cassidy Warden even after she saves him from a plummeting death, but Diego does manage to keep her from being caged and left to the dubious mercy of the officers in the Shifter Division who have little love for 'the animals' they police. Instead Diego, wrangles her two weeks of probation by agreeing to be responsible for Cassidy now the trick will be keeping his behavior pro ...more
Keri
Jul 03, 2011 Keri rated it really liked it
Diego Garcia is a Las Vegas cop with a huge issue. He is afraid of heights, so it is just his luck to be dangling off the edge of an abandoned high-rise chasing ghost....or so he thought until he is rescued by the blond and beautiful shifter Cassidy. Cassidy was just minding her own business working on trying to get over losing her mate when a crazy man takes a shot at her. After everything is said and done, Diego arrests Cassidy for trespassing. He also ends up having to look after her for her ...more
Jacqueline
3-1/2 stars. A fairly solid addition to the series. I liked the hero Diego and how he was dominate enough to give the dominate shifters problems. This is especially important since he was hooking up with an alpha female. The heat level between them was pretty nice. The thing that held the story back from being rated higher for me is that the plot seemed to wander. It just wasn't as tightly plotted as others in the series. It was nice to see a story take place in a different shifter town. I'm loo ...more
Maria11
Nov 29, 2015 Maria11 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Best one yet!

Wasn't thrilled with the first two, but this one hit the mark! Cassidy was a great strong lead heroine! I really liked her. Diego I liked too. He was a tad strong minded, but Cassidy was just as strong. I like when the main couple is on even footing.

The plot was interesting. Lessons were learned abour loyality, friendship, family, love, and forgiveness.

The sex was hot and the characters had great interaction.

Good read! Tad pricey though. I borrowed the book from my friend Karen.
Laura (Kyahgirl)
Jul 09, 2013 Laura (Kyahgirl) rated it really liked it
4/5; 4 stars; A-

I really enjoyed this story with Cassidy and the human Diego. The fae character Reid was a good tie in to the Texas shiftertown group.
Patricia
This was so disappointing. I'm not sure if the PNR-mhe mood hit me again or not, but here are somet hings I had issues with:

1. Even though in the last quarter of the book that changed, most of the times everyone kept talking about how much better than humans Shifters were. I mean, I'm not the biggest fan of humanity, and observing yourself and other people does that to a person, but there is something to be said about how absolute the things the people here said were.

2. I don't think it's neces
SheLove2Read
Dec 15, 2011 SheLove2Read rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
Too many good reviews to add anything new....let me just say I loved it. It was flamin' hot, sexy and wicked. Diego (latino lover extraordinaire) is TO...DIE...FOR. When he calls her little names in Spanish, you just melt. I love that there was never any hesitation on his part to continue to want her - none of that "breaking up for her own good" crap. He made a choice and he committed. I also liked that his big fear (spoiler so I won't mention it) was NOT magically overcome. Fears are real and s ...more
Beanbag Love
Nov 09, 2013 Beanbag Love rated it really liked it
Just a quickie. I've been totally pulled into this series and I have no regrets. This is the third in the series and deals with Diego Escobar (a human police officer) and Cassidy Wardon (sister to Eric Wardon, the leader of the Las Vegas shiftertown, who we met in the previous book). Cassidy and Diego meet when Diego is called to the scene of a trespassing in an abandoned construction site. She saves his life even as she's the one being hunted. The rest of the story is poignant and sexy, but is ...more
Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}
2 stars, barely.

What the hell happened? This isn't what I've come to expect from this author at all. Excruciatingly slow and boring at times, just begging me to DNF. I was ready for the book to end halfway through.

I didn't buy the romance. The writing concerning Diego was stilted. I couldn't care less about him. Eric and Iona's chocolate scene held more passion and intrigue than Diego and Cassidy's. Reid and Peigi's as well as Xavier and Lyndsay's pairing also drew more interest from me than th
Mandapanda
Nov 21, 2011 Mandapanda rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Solid shifter romance by a very prolific author. Great beginning to the story. I'm afraid of heights too and the scene where Diego has to climb around that tall building had me biting my nails. There were a couple of subplots competing with the main story of Cassidy and Diego but I don't mind because I've followed the series from the beginning and I'm interested in everything that goes on in this world. The romance is OK. Nothing earth shattering but still entertaining. Will definitel ...more
t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ t'irla's Talk Book Blog
Just as exciting as the first two with the MC being a Cat Shifter and the mate a human male...nice twist and worth the read. This series gets better with each book...you really need to give it a try!
Maddy Barone
Jan 03, 2012 Maddy Barone rated it really liked it
I adore this series! I downloaded this book from Amazon at 6am the day it came out so I'd be able to start it during my lunch break. It's so hard to wait for a good book but the wait was worth it. Can I have Diego? Pretty please? Can't wait now for Iona and Eric!
Deiras
Mar 08, 2017 Deiras rated it liked it
3,5 stars
Steph
Jan 13, 2012 Steph rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-read
This is what I said after reading the previous book Primal Bonds...

I was really looking forward to the rest of this series, but after this book and the synopsis of Wild Cat, I find myself a little disinterested. The next book moves away from this shiftertown, which we have only just started learning about and moves to a new town in Vegas. I'm never a fan of things like this, I want to stay where we are and learn more about the people in Liam's town.
I think I will have a break from this series
Zaza
Oct 09, 2014 Zaza rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sp, para, garou-loup, 2014
Décidément, cette série se bonifie au fil des tomes ! Après un premier tome en demi-teinte, et un bon deuxième opus, voici le troisième de la série, le meilleur de tous à l'heure actuelle.

On quitte Austin et le clan Morrissey pour la ville brûlante de Las Vegas et le clan Warden. On avait fait la connaissance d'Eric dans le tome 2, frère de l'héroine, Cassidy, il est à la tête du quartier garou de la ville du péché.

Diego Escobar est un flic, un humain, dont la seule faiblesse est une peur irrati
Ami

I think reading the novella Bodyguard in between book #2 and this one helps to get me into the world of the Shifters again; especially since I don't like book #2. This time, I'm still in a 'familiar' mode. I have to admit that I love Diego, the Spanish cop who is the hero of this book. He is loyal, he is fierce, and an Alpha without being too agressive. Since he's not a Shifter, I can "take a break" of all the usual you're-my-mate thing that happens generally in shifter novel. I also en
Lauren
Wild Cat
3 Stars

This is the 3rd installment in the Shifters Unbound series, which takes place in a different setting with a completely new set of characters, and as such it can be considered a first book.

The primary couple, Cassidy and Diego, have absolutely no chemistry whatsoever and the development of their relationship is slow and tedious. The secondary romance building between Eric and Iona is far more compelling and their short scenes together burn up the pages.

The plot is comprised of se
Heather
Feb 01, 2016 Heather rated it liked it

I am sorry to say I did not like this book as much as I did the first two. I listened to this one instead of reading it so maybe the narrator colored my perception, but I was very annoyed with the Cassid
Darcy
Feb 14, 2011 Darcy rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012, pnr, shifters
I wasn't sure about this one when I started it. This one isn't set in the Shiftertown we are used to from the rest of the books, this one takes place in Las Vegas with there shifters, with the head of the town being one we have met before. I am happy to say that this new group of characters are just as much fun as the ones we know.

I love how this time we have the humans brought in a unique way, a cop. Diego has to reconsider everything that he has ever thought about Shifters and at the end deter
Lekeisha
Feb 06, 2017 Lekeisha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Love the Shifters Unbound world that Jennifer Ashley has created. She has easily become one of my favorite paranormal authors. Ms. Ashley easily entwined so much action, steamy romance and storylines. Great story and writing. I love when I am so drawn into the story that I feel as if i'm right there with the characters.
The main story follows Diego and Cassidy. Although Diego is human and Cassidy is a shifter, he proves that he is just as strong and loyal as any Alpha.
Can't wait to read the ne
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
This book was a fast, easy, sexy read. I love Diego and Xavier. It was great getting to see Eric Warden again and meeting Cassidy and Eric's son Jace. Cassidy is definitely one of those easy to like heroines. She didn't act stupidly or rush headlong into danger with no back up. She and Diego were great for each other.

I ended up liking Reid a lot. I hope things work out for him and Peigi.

I like the set up for the next book with Eric meeting Iona. Things are going to be a struggle for him with he
Linda
Jan 18, 2012 Linda rated it really liked it
As reviewed on Read Our Lips:

Someone is hunting Cassidy, and in her attempt to get away, the police get called in. Diego answers the call from dispatch and comes face to face with Cass and another. Theyre instantly drawn together despite him being human and she as a shifter. We also get to see Cass brother Eric finding the one he wants, an uncollared shifter living as a human, Iona, and i cant wait to read their book in october.
Shifters, alpha males, suspense, action and of course =) smutty flu
Carolyn F.
Apr 14, 2012 Carolyn F. rated it really liked it
A little slow in the beginning but then the book really picked up and all kinds of adventures happened.

Diego has to go up a building to see what happened to other officers and see if there is a shifter up there. The problem is he very scared of heights. There are actually two questionables up there and when one tries to push him off, a female shifter partly shifts back to human to pull him back up. Then he arrests her. He has to keep an eye on her and finds he is more and more attracted to her a
TheGeekyBlogger
Jan 15, 2015 TheGeekyBlogger rated it really liked it
Read for Fun (Library Book)
Overall Rating: 4.00
Story Rating: 4.00
Character Rating: 4.25

First Thought when Finished: Wild Cat by Jennifer Ashley was slow to start but ended up being on of my favorite in the series.

Quick Thoughts: I really loved Cassidy and Diego. Looking forward to Eric's story. That has the potential to ROCK!

Part of my Read It, Rate It, File It, DONE!
  • Unbound (Time Hunters #2.5, Shifters Unbound #4.5, The Elementals #1.5)
  • Bear Meets Girl (Pride, #7)
  • On the Prowl (The Others, #6)
  • Savage Awakening (Alpha Pack, #2)
  • Cynful (Halle Shifters, #2)
  • Dire Desires (Eternal Wolf Clan, #3)
  • Untouched (The Amoveo Legend, #2)
  • Ecstasy Untamed (Feral Warriors, #6)
  • Beneath the Skin (de La Vega Cats, #3)
  • True Colors (Elder Races, #3.5)
  • Hunter of Shadows (Moonlight, #5)
NY Times Bestselling author Jennifer Ashley writes historical and paranormal romance and historical mysteries, as Jennifer Ashley, Allyson James, and Ashley Gardner.

Jennifer's novels have won RWA's RITA and RT Reviewer's Choice awards. More about her books at http://www.jenniferashley.com, http://www.allysonjames.com, and http://gardnermysteries.com.
More about Jennifer Ashley...

Shifters Unbound (10 books)
  • Pride Mates (Shifters Unbound, #1)
  • Primal Bonds (Shifters Unbound, #2)
  • Mate Claimed (Shifters Unbound, #4)
  • Tiger Magic (Shifters Unbound, #5)
  • Wild Wolf (Shifters Unbound, #6)
  • Mate Bond (Shifters Unbound, #7)
  • White Tiger (Shifters Unbound, #8)
  • Guardian's Mate (Shifters Unbound, #9)
  • Red Wolf (Shifters Unbound, #10)

“What does that word mean?" Cassidy asked. Her voice was soft, sexy. Mind-blowing. "Querida, or whatever you said? I don't speak Spanish."

"It's a term of endearment. An Anglo might say darling or honey."

"What was the other one you used? Me ha?

"Mi ja. Short for mi hija. It's what you say to someone you care about."

She smiled. "When you say that you sound ---I don't know---affectionate."

"Maybe I like cats," Diego said.

Cassidy rested her hand on his chest, and her smile widened. "Meow.”
8 likes