Start by marking “The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 5” as Want to Read:
The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 5

The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 5 (The Story of Saiunkoku #5)

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  254 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Shurei Hong, destitute but of noble birth, has always dreamed of working as a civil servant in the imperial court of Saiunkoku, but women are barred from holding office. The emperor Ryuki, however, refuses to take command, leaving everything to his advisors. Shurei is asked to become a consort to the emperor to persuade the ne’er-do-well ruler to govern.

Shurei falls ill an
Published November 1st 2011 by VIZ Media LLC (first published January 26th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 5

May
Drat! Don't you simply hate it that Goodreads still hasn't incorporated 1/2 stars into its ratings system?

Anyway, this book is more of 2 1/2 stars for me as opposed to 3 stars. The problem with this volume is the introduction of yet another male character. There is already too many characters with storylines that don't necessarily seem to be going anywhere. Most of the men appear to be in love with Saiunkoku which is all fine and dandy, but she is really oblivious to all of their attention. I st
Estara
Natalie
Ok, where to begin . . . .

Well, I will start by saying that this review will go between volumes 1-5. If anybody knows any online site that goes even further than volume 5, let me know.

Anyway, I guess I should say that as sad as this is I'm still having problems with their names. I can tell the difference between characters but it's just that some names are so similar that when their names are mentioned I'm thinking, who?

Going into this series, I thought I was going to hate it. The idea that this
Rachel (Sfogs)
Shurei has been secretly working at a very interesting place. Which is good because having people like Kocho on your side, may just save your life!
Her poor Uncle ;-)
Vani
very cute!
Weng Lopez
Weng Lopez marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Latoya
Latoya marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
Astrid Tansidar
Astrid Tansidar marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Esmay
Esmay marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Scarlett
Scarlett marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Sari Koskinen
Sari Koskinen marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Ovi Choihyunsang
Ovi Choihyunsang marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Bobby Noviarman
Bobby Noviarman marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Raven
Raven marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Topu Masum
Topu Masum marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
  • Cross Game 2 (Cross Game, #4-5)
  • Basara, Vol. 22
  • Natsume's Book of Friends, Volume 10
  • From Far Away, Vol. 9
Also known as 由羅 カイリ
More about Kairi Yura...

The Story of Saiunkoku (9 books)
  • The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 1
  • The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 2
  • The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 3
  • The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 4
  • The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 6
  • The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 7
  • The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 8
  • 彩雲国物語 9
The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 1 The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 2 The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 3 The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 4 The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 6