Start by marking “The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 5” as Want to Read:
The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 5

The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 5 (The Story of Saiunkoku #5)

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  222 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Shurei Hong, destitute but of noble birth, has always dreamed of working as a civil servant in the imperial court of Saiunkoku, but women are barred from holding office. The emperor Ryuki, however, refuses to take command, leaving everything to his advisors. Shurei is asked to become a consort to the emperor to persuade the ne’er-do-well ruler to govern.

Shurei falls ill an
Published November 1st 2011 by VIZ Media LLC (first published January 26th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 5

May
Drat! Don't you simply hate it that Goodreads still hasn't incorporated 1/2 stars into its ratings system?

Anyway, this book is more of 2 1/2 stars for me as opposed to 3 stars. The problem with this volume is the introduction of yet another male character. There is already too many characters with storylines that don't necessarily seem to be going anywhere. Most of the men appear to be in love with Saiunkoku which is all fine and dandy, but she is really oblivious to all of their attention. I st
Estara
Natalie
Ok, where to begin . . . .

Well, I will start by saying that this review will go between volumes 1-5. If anybody knows any online site that goes even further than volume 5, let me know.

Anyway, I guess I should say that as sad as this is I'm still having problems with their names. I can tell the difference between characters but it's just that some names are so similar that when their names are mentioned I'm thinking, who?

Going into this series, I thought I was going to hate it. The idea that this
Rachel (Sfogs)
Shurei has been secretly working at a very interesting place. Which is good because having people like Kocho on your side, may just save your life!
Her poor Uncle ;-)
Vani
very cute!
Denisse
Denisse is currently reading it
Oct 21, 2014
Reg
Reg is currently reading it
Oct 17, 2014
Hazel Mary Cussons
Hazel Mary Cussons marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Vivienne
Vivienne marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Nasharahmohamed
Nasharahmohamed marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Zm Dimla
Zm Dimla marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Kimberly Saldana
Kimberly Saldana marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Heidi
Heidi added it
Sep 09, 2014
Luula
Luula added it
Aug 31, 2014
Somethingpurple
Somethingpurple marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Deval Singh
Deval Singh marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Jenna Anderson
Jenna Anderson marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • A Bride's Story 02
  • Basara, Vol. 24
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 04 (Library Wars: Love &  War, #4)
  • Cross Game 3 (Cross Game, #6-7)
Also known as 由羅 カイリ
More about Kairi Yura...
The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 1 The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 2 The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 3 The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 4 The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 6