Start by marking “Bunny Drop, Vol. 4” as Want to Read:
Bunny Drop, Vol. 4

Bunny Drop, Vol. 4 (Bunny Drop #4)

Having lived with his adopted daughter, Rin, for over a year now, Daikichi still considers the female mind to be far beyond his grasp! So when his cousin Haruko shows up on his doorstep with her daughter, Reina, in tow and claims to have "run away," Daikichi is faced with navigating the twists and turns of the female psyche to get to the bottom of Haruko's situation. And ...more
Published September 20th 2011 by Yen Press (first published May 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Bunny Drop, Vol. 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bunny Drop, Vol. 4

Arminzerella
Aoi
May 16, 2016 Aoi rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
I have been spoiled to what happens post the time skip in Volume 5 - and just to say, it isn't my cup of tea. So my journey with the manga will be ending here itself

A charming exploration of what it means to be a single parent; in face of the rather draconian work habits of corporate Japan
Sara
Feb 23, 2012 Sara rated it it was amazing
This volume is really good. I love Daikichi's time with the other parents. They're all so cute. And Kouki-kun's such a rascal! I adore him. hahaha
Linda
Jan 18, 2013 Linda rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Some very lovely heartwarming moments where Daikichi finally makes some Dad friends. Rin and Daikichi are really and truly a family in this volume.
Shannon
Sep 20, 2012 Shannon rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, manga
Sometimes the story gets a bit saccharine because it's so cute, but I really can't help but enjoy this series. Watching Daikichi learn what parenting really means and entails is pretty heartwarming.
Tineke
Oct 05, 2014 Tineke rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
Still cute. Finding a lot of differences in Japanese and western culture regarding childraising.
Jo
Sep 19, 2011 Jo rated it it was amazing
Continues to be as charming and refreshing as ever. Also I just LOVE the art.
Jessica
Apr 26, 2015 Jessica rated it it was amazing
I love these!! My favorite by far!!
Wing Kee
Sep 24, 2014 Wing Kee rated it really liked it
Here ends the first arc of this Manga, I think this is a good place to write my first review of this series.

Usagi Drop, or Bunny Drop, dropped into my lap when I was looking at something light to read after I burned myself out with reading doom and gloom and derivative books, I was looking for a slice of life manga as I am often want to do to cleanse my palate:

World: Japan, it's a slice of life book so it does indeed paint us a picture of modern Japan, more specifically the family unit and even
Amy Keeley
Dec 18, 2013 Amy Keeley rated it it was amazing
Estara
Oct 15, 2011 Estara rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: friends of slice of life and children
Shelves: manga, read-in-2011
This is the fourth and last volume before the big time jump and we finish it as strong as the others with Daikichi reaffirming what it means for single parents to have children, that you learn to realize that time with the child is me-time for the parent anyway. That your horizons broaden when you have a child and that having children is something lots of people do.

It is also made ever more clear that Daikichi is reticent in the extreme, it really was very out of character that he reached out to
Kari Ramirez
Feb 18, 2013 Kari Ramirez rated it it was amazing
I catch myself smiling every time I read one of these books!

Rin is the best and I am on pins and needles wondering if something will ever happen with Nitani. I just adore her and I think she and Daikichi would make the best couple ever!

Daikichi still questions everything he does, wondering if he's doing the right thing for Rin. Always putting himself second to her and doing his best to take care of her, he doesn't realize that he's already the best father for Rin. But his insecurities concerning
Gabi Mata
Jan 19, 2016 Gabi Mata rated it liked it
S. J.
Sep 26, 2013 S. J. rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Manga lovers, teenage boys and girls, people interested in manga, fans of the series
Recommended to S. by: Library: Series
More loveliness! Rin and Daikichi face sickness, his cousin running from home for a time, the loss of baby teeth, and more learning to be a parent. Daikichi makes friends with fellow parents and can begin to get answers to some of the questions that have bothered him.

One of my favorite times is when they practice jump roping together along with their friends. Wonderful moments.

Another great addition to the series but sadly this is all I'll be able to read for awhile. This is the last volume my
Soobie's heartbroken
Il voto così basso è dovuto solamente al primo capitolo di questo quarto volume. Un capitolo grazie al quale mi accorgo di quanto sia distante il mio modo di vedere il mondo da quello giapponese. C'è Haruka, la cugina di Daikichi, che si è resa conto di avere un matrimonio infelice e, nonostante tutto, stringe i denti e torna dal marito perché se no gli creerebbe problemi. Devo dire che dopo averlo letto mi sono sentita tanto male...

Ovvio, visto che il mio senso materno scarseggia, faccio fatica
Miss Ryoko
Dec 04, 2015 Miss Ryoko rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, library-book
When I think about this series, I wonder why I'm enjoying it... really, there isn't much purpose to the storyline other than to depict Daikichi and Rin's sort of every day life and things they go to, but really I think what drives this series IS the characters. I feel like nothing is really happening in the story other than the character development, which is kind of a fun thing to witness. I feel a lot for Daikichi and love seeing the things him and Rin go through as they become more and more ...more
Dani
Jun 04, 2015 Dani rated it it was amazing
I love how this manga shines such a brilliant light on parenthood.

Haruko (Daikichi's cousin)comes with her kids for a "break" and we got a darker view on parenting that really highlights why Daikichi is so incredible!

I'll never forget reading this arc where Daikichi and Kouki's mom experience school brought on sickness! Rin was so concerned she had brought it home. I was appalled at those mothers letting kids go to school contagious and am now seriously conscious of committing such a crime!

Love
Lara
May 20, 2013 Lara rated it really liked it
In this volume, flu season has come and Daikichi and Kouki's mom worry about their kids getting sick and how to deal with missing work as single parents. He also makes some new daddy friends and there are some fun scenes with them, including some jump rope practice for an upcoming event at their kids' school. And then Haruko shows up at Daikichi's with Reina saying that she's run away and Daikichi wonders what the real situation is. I think the next volume takes place something like ten years ...more
Miss
Oct 28, 2012 Miss rated it really liked it
This volume left me a little worried about Haruko. I understand her choice to just stick it out – sometimes that's all you can do – but with so little information on what led her to run away I'm left feeling concerned about her home situation. :l Other than that I enjoyed the rest of the volume as usual. I particularly liked the moment Daisuke realized that parenting is difficult but not out of the ordinary. That perspective change was nice to see. 4 stars
Kimi
Jan 27, 2015 Kimi rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, ya
This continues to be disgustingly adorable. I love the way Daikichi and Rin have formed their own little family, even though it is unconventional. I would love to read more of this series.

Unfortunately, I know how this series ends. In the next volume, Rin becomes a teenager and it is just getting closer and closer to the incest, so unfortunately, I will end the manga here and pretend it is just a really cute 4 volume series about the unexpected sweetness and joy of parenting.
Thomas Andrikus
Jun 20, 2013 Thomas Andrikus rated it it was amazing
In this volume, Daikichi learns "Parenting 201"...in how to take care of a sick kid and how to handle the kid's falling out of tooth. Daikichi and Rin have grown much more mature by each volume. The only thing I'm really anticipating now is the possibility of blooming romance between Daikichi and Nitani...
Emily
Why I picked it up: Continuing the series

This continues to be a cute series about a single man raising his grandfather's illegitimate child. It's very sweet and touching. The story fast-forwards in time after this volume and I'm not interested in a time-jump, so I'm stopping here. I've enjoyed it.

Contains: nothing objectionable

Reading Challenges: YA-MA Finish What You Started
Charlie
Dec 28, 2014 Charlie rated it liked it
I think I'll stop here - there are technically another six volumes, but it looks like those all take place "ten years later". It's a nice series, aside from the body image stuff that came up in this volume or the one before it. The character relationships are where the series really shines. Rin's a cool kid, and I enjoyed seeing her grow as a person.
Douglas Cootey
Jul 16, 2012 Douglas Cootey rated it liked it
Shelves: borrowed, manga
This volume felt like it was losing steam. The storyline featuring Masako was dropped, and the relationship between Natani-San & Daikichi has stalled. Certainly there were charming bits, but this volume felt like it had more exposition than previous volumes and the pacing felt off. I suspect there are too many new characters stealing time away from the earlier characters' storylines.
Hillary
Oct 18, 2011 Hillary rated it really liked it
Daikichi continues to grow in this still very wonderful series. From dealing with cousins Haruko and Reina running away from home to the jump rope competition, Daikichi steadily becomes a better parent. I really enjoy the everyday situations that come up and how Daikichi opens up to his new "parent" friends.
This is where the anime stops, so I am looking forward to the next vol.
Brian
Oct 18, 2015 Brian rated it liked it
In this volume, our reluctant father deals with a variety of different issues, including his budding romance with the mother of Kouki, a relative who shows up mysteriously, and having an ill child. The section about the relative was a bit odd, since it was never fully explained as to why she showed up on Daikichi's doorstep, even at the resolution. Overall, a quick but solid read.
I was a little disappointed with how Haruko's situation was handled- was it abuse? merely stress? what's going on??- and felt like it was a slightly distracting story line. Apart from that, though, a good book.
Monique
Dec 30, 2015 Monique rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-books
Daikichi makes some daddy-friends, forms a bit of a closer bond with his cousin, Haruko, and helps Rin try to win a skip-rope contest (so he has a reason to lose weight). It's all very cute and sweet moments. I especially loved the chapter where Rin loses her two front teeth. Adorable!
Patricia
Jun 21, 2012 Patricia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Daukichi is still struggling with how to be a good father & how to juggle that with work & other interests. His cousin shows up unexpectedly on his doorstep, with her own little daughter, & he continues to learn more about what parenting means in his life.
Jasmine
Dec 29, 2015 Jasmine rated it it was amazing
I'm in love with this series. If I have free time on my hand I can finish it in one sitting, but I like to savor it for a few days.
  • Cross Game 2 (Cross Game, #4-5)
  • A Bride's Story, Vol. 2 (A Bride's Story, #2)
  • Wandering Son, Vol. 2
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 05
  • With the Light: Raising an Autistic Child (With the Light, #7)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 6 (Library Wars: Love & War, #6)
  • Bakuman, Volume 8: Panty Shot and Savior
  • Yotsuba, tome 8 (Yotsuba&! #8)
Japanese Name (宇仁田ゆみ)

Yumi Unita was born in Mie Prefecture on May 10th, 1972. In 1998, she debuted with "VOICE" in Hakusensha's Young Animal. Since then, she has worked in many genres, having her works featured in seinen, josei, and shounen magazines.
More about Yumi Unita...

• Bunny Drop, Vol. 5
  • Bunny Drop, Vol. 6
  • Bunny Drop, Vol. 7
  • Bunny Drop, Vol. 8
  • うさぎドロップ 9 (Bunny Drop, #9)