Start by marking “ZooBorns Cats!: The Newest, Cutest Kittens and Cubs from the World's Zoos” as Want to Read:
ZooBorns Cats!: The Newest, Cutest Kittens and Cubs from the World's Zoos

ZooBorns Cats!: The Newest, Cutest Kittens and Cubs from the World's Zoos

4.40  ·  Rating Details  ·  97 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews

ZooBorns
showcases the newest and cutest animal babies from accredited zoos and aquariums around the world. With interesting animal facts and background stories on the featured babies, ZooBorns illustrates the connections between zoo births and conservation initiatives in the wild.
Published November 1st 2011 by Simon & Schuster

To ask other readers questions about ZooBorns Cats!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about ZooBorns Cats!

karen
Mar 15, 2012 karen rated it it was amazing
oh my goodness!!! it's like the internet, in book form!!! aaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Kathryn
Jan 13, 2012 Kathryn rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Lovers of cute animal photography/cats
Recommended to Kathryn by: Annie
I should clarify that I haven't read this word for word, but my review is based on the little glances I stole at this over Christmas since my sister got it as a present. It's just soooo cute! And I'm very impressed with the variety/types of cats covered, from the usual "big cats" to smaller wild cats. I definitely recommend it to animal lovers and cat lovers.
Melissa
Mar 12, 2016 Melissa rated it it was amazing
It was a short book, but it was cute, insightful, and a bit sad. I liked learning about different types of cats and where they live and their different characteristics. It was a bit sad though because it also told you what animals are endangered, near threatened, vulnerable, etc. and it seemed that like 95% of these cats are. I'm glad there are people trying to make a change and help these cats survive, but it's still sad to think about these animals dying out.

I recommend this book for anyone w
Debra
Mar 27, 2012 Debra rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
So cute... sadly, most are seriously endangered.
Donna Brown
Nov 12, 2011 Donna Brown rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Cat lovers, animal lovers
Shelves: christmas-picks
I was excited to receive this book because I love cats and there’s something very special about the ZooBorns series. Although I’m not an advocate of all zoos, the remarkable work that many zoos undertake to try and support long term conservation of species is both admirable and important. ZooBorns books offer an excellent opportunity to spread the word about zoos and the conservation programs but also to showcase some of the beautiful animals.

The authors behind ZooBorns Cats! are Andrew Bleiman,
Kristin
Jan 06, 2016 Kristin rated it really liked it
I might die from the cuteness. Really, I read this book in about 15 minutes, but I've already gone though to look at the pictures several more times. And shown them to anyone unlucky enough to be in my general vicinity. I just loved these baby kitties, and it was really interesting to see species of cats rarely seen by people. Even though the focus of this book was on the pictures, I really would have liked more information. Some species, like the jaguar, had several paragraphs worth. Others, li ...more
Julie
On my way out of the library today, I passed the new releases display and I simply could not resist when I saw the cover of this absolutely delightful picture book of kittens and cubs from a variety of world zoos. While this book could easily be a 5 minute read, I can almost guarantee that you will want to spend more time with these incredible cats. Hats off to the photographers who perfectly captured these kittens and cubs in all their glory. Each shot speaks volumes. It would be too simple to ...more
Kaethe
Jul 16, 2014 Kaethe rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cats, nonfiction, art
Really lovely photography of kittens for many wild cat species, some the only photo ever published of a juvenile. Unspeakably cute, yes, but also informative about which species are endangered, and which are thriving.

Library copy.
g-na
Mar 27, 2012 g-na rated it it was amazing
Of course I gave this five stars--have you seen the incredibly cute photos?!!

But seriously, while the kittens here are adorable many of them are also extremely endangered. This little book helps to bring these animals to the attention of people around the world, and more importantly, it teaches us that there are many cat species most people have never heard of (myself included, and I thought I knew a lot about wild cat species), and these species need protection before they slip away into oblivi
Cindra
Mar 08, 2015 Cindra rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kitty-kiddy-lit
OMG, the cutest baby wildcat pictures I've seen.
PWRL
May 27, 2014 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2014-new
O
Marilyn
Dec 21, 2011 Marilyn rated it really liked it
An excellent way to learn about feline species, especially about the smallest ones.
Much of them we did not know about because they are so elusive in the wild. To have pictures of them, and moreover their kittens is wonderful !
I recommend it to whoever has a passion for wild cats !
Apr 04, 2012 Sarah rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, animals
This is a cute little book that touches upon a serious topic: the endangerment and extinction of many of the world's wild cats. The pictures are great and it covers not only the most popular but many cats that remain unknown to most of the world's population.
Scott
Nov 14, 2011 Scott added it
cute, fun book

my interview with the co-authors is here

Marie
Apr 01, 2016 Marie rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Some cute kittens and cubs, and I enjoyed the variety. I kinda wish they had adult pictures of the cats too (mostly because there were some I have never seen and was curious!) but it was a cute fast read.
Tricia
Nov 27, 2011 Tricia rated it really liked it
very cute! I loved the layout, not only were there the names of the baby cats, but a little description about the breed and fun tibbits of info!
Moorhead Public Library
Look at that face.

LOOK AT THAT FACE!!!

You can't resist that face. You have to check this book out now.

Reviewed by: Meg
Karen
Jan 01, 2014 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who knew all these wild cats even existed, much less the efforts being made on their behalves? Sometimes I think I missed my calling!
Kathy
Nov 14, 2011 Kathy rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Never knew there were so many wild cat species. Some I've never heard of. The pictures are adorable!
Robert
Feb 14, 2012 Robert rated it it was amazing
Just plain cute—great photos and many different species featured.
Maya
Dec 03, 2011 Maya rated it it was amazing
OMG!!!!!! One of the cutest books ever. LOVED IT
Mark
Mar 12, 2012 Mark rated it really liked it
Cute pics, skipped over most of the text.
Katie Bruce
Mar 19, 2012 Katie Bruce rated it it was amazing
Shelves: j-nonfiction, animals
Not gonna lie--I just looked at the pictures.
Almeta
1dodge2
Jun 03, 2013 1dodge2 rated it it was amazing
OMG! So cute! :D
Julie Crank
Julie Crank rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2016
Aiden
Aiden rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2016
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Andrew Bleiman is a lifelong animal nerd who serves on the Auxiliary Boards of the Lincoln Park Zoo and Shedd Aquarium in Chicago. In his day job he develops new media strategy for the Bradford Group.
More about Andrew Bleiman...