Start by marking “Justice League: Generation Lost, Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
Justice League: Generation Lost, Vol. 2

Justice League: Generation Lost, Vol. 2 (Generation Lost #2)

Written by JUDD WINICK Art by AARON LOPRESTI, FERNANDO DAGNINO, JOE BENNETT and others Cover by DUSTIN NGUYEN In this second JLGL collection featuring issues #13-24 of the twice-monthly series, the U.N. revokes Checkmate's charter, Captain Atom is wanted
Published October 18th 2011 by DC Comics (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Justice League, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Justice League

William Thomas
Jan 23, 2012 William Thomas rated it really liked it
I don't know how many other books could have been so singly focused on one villain for 24 issues and still kept me interested. More than interested- in love. The JLI, superhuman misfits extraordinaire, reunite to stop one of DC's most compelling villains- Maxwell Lord. Adding Rocket Red and the new Blue Beetle, this book was probably the most entertaining and flat out fun book to come out of the Brightest Day schlock. The book tried to flesh out some of the previous problems between the team as ...more
Paul Riches
Mar 22, 2013 Paul Riches rated it it was ok
What starts with a huge whoop ass bang ends with a mildly stifled yawn.

Which translates to mean: Why yes I was mostly bored.

The comic series in question is the twenty four issue bi weekly comic series from DC, a spin-off from the phenomenally successful Blackest Night crossover, mixed with one last kick at the can for the Bwahaha funny Justice League.

During Blackest Night, the dead rose all around the DC universe and chaos reined, with a byproduct being the vile villain Maxwell Lord regaining hi
Bevans
Sep 09, 2011 Bevans rated it really liked it
This series was a blast. I really enjoyed the characters they focused on, especially the new Rocket Red and Blue Beetle. (In fact, I just picked up Shellshocked from the library yesterday.) It was also fun to see Max Lord back again, and I'm still not sure if he was really a "villain" in this.

Short version: art was great, story was great, characters great, everything great.
Kyle
Apr 15, 2013 Kyle rated it really liked it
Shelves: dcu
A little anti-climactic to the lead-in volume; however, the artwork and plotting is really well handled. Probably the best tie-in to the Brightest Day event, plus, Winnick uses the JLI characters so very well, breathing new life into these peripheral personalities.

4/5
Scott
Jun 02, 2011 Scott rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels, own, dc
This has truly been a great series and almost was better than the main Brightest Day storyline. For me this was a brilliant introduction to the JLI with a very compelling plot and great writing, art and twists throughout! Awesome stuff!
Mike
Dec 11, 2011 Mike rated it really liked it
Shelves: justice-league
A really good, entertaining book. I found it more exciting than Brightest Day. As far as improvements, there could have been a recap at the beginning of the book that covered the events of volume 1. Nice addition of the original 80's JLI issue at the end of the book.
Shannon Appelcline
Apr 03, 2013 Shannon Appelcline rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, comics-dc
This volume drags more than the first, but it's still a well-written story about interesting characters. A pity that the setup for a new JLI comic was then immediately dropped due to DC's decision to reboot its universe.
Rocky Sunico
Jan 20, 2016 Rocky Sunico rated it liked it
Maybe I was expecting too much from such an epic plot that began with Maxwell Lord mass hypnotizing the world. But still, the ending was a bit of a hoser.
David
Apr 01, 2012 David rated it it was amazing
I wouldn't say I'm a fan of the old Justice League International. But this two volume tale was pretty great. I was a bit disappointed with the ending, but the adventure all the way was first rate.
Craig
Sep 13, 2015 Craig rated it it was amazing
I loved how this one incorporated the then current Wonder Woman story into it. I love the jli! It's really sad they didn't last line in the new 52.
John Yelverton
Sep 30, 2011 John Yelverton rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic read, as the former JLI attempt to hunt down and kill/capture Maxwell Lord despite his best efforts to sabotage them.
Lou Rosen
Lou Rosen rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2012
Randy Lander
Randy Lander rated it liked it
Nov 26, 2011
Duncan
Duncan rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2015
Mike
Mike rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2014
William Stankiewicz
William Stankiewicz rated it it was amazing
Oct 09, 2014
Derek Parker
Derek Parker rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2012
Martin
Martin rated it liked it
May 14, 2016
Maxoel Costa
Maxoel Costa rated it it was ok
Jul 26, 2012
Michael DeLong
Michael DeLong rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2016
Beaugan Gama
Beaugan Gama rated it liked it
Oct 14, 2015
Michael
Michael rated it really liked it
Jan 23, 2012
Nick Zambrano
Nick Zambrano rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2015
Jon
Jon rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2012
Kris
Kris rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2012
Sarah rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2011
Matt Kramer
Matt Kramer rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2013
Claire
Claire rated it liked it
May 28, 2015
Jordan
Jordan rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2015
Collin
Collin rated it really liked it
Oct 22, 2012
  • Blue Beetle, Vol. 5: Boundaries
  • Blue Beetle, Vol. 4: End Game
  • Booster Gold, Vol. 3: Reality Lost
  • Justice League International, Vol. 3
Born February 12th, 1970 and raised on Long Island in New York, Judd began cartooning professionally at 16 with a single-paneled strip called Nuts & Bolts. This ran weekly through Anton Publications, a newspaper publisher that produced town papers in the Tri state area. He was paid 10 dollars a week.

In August of 1988, Judd began attending the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor bringing Nuts &am
More about Judd Winick...

Generation Lost (2 books)
  • Justice League: Generation Lost, Vol. 1