Start by marking “Queen and Country, Vol. 5: Operation Stormfront” as Want to Read:
Queen and Country, Vol. 5: Operation Stormfront

Queen and Country, Vol. 5: Operation Stormfront (Queen and Country #5)

4.21  ·  Rating Details  ·  317 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
When an agent dies in the field, it's their fellow spies that are always hit the hardest. When the agent that doesn't make it home is an ex-lover, "hard" doesn't begin to describe it. As Tara Chace and the rest of the department reel over the demise of one of their own, a ghost from Director Paul Crocker's past has him sending his minders into danger yet again. But will th ...more
Published April 20th 2004 by Oni Press (first published April 7th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Queen and Country, Vol. 5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Queen and Country, Vol. 5

Quentin Wallace
Dec 22, 2015 Quentin Wallace rated it really liked it
Very Powerful Volume. A major character dies, and it appears to be from natural causes, but I have a feeling more may come up about that in later volumes. And that's not the only death in the volume.

Tara Chace is sent to Soviet Georgia to retrieve a kidnapped businessman. The twist is, the victim is the son of someone killed on the watch of Tara's boss years ago. So for him this one is personal. Tara fights fire with fire in this one, and we get to see that sometimes even the good guys have to g
Jonathan Roberts
Jul 24, 2015 Jonathan Roberts rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
Good book. Not quite as good as the other trades but still high quality.
Ashish
Apr 13, 2014 Ashish rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, spy
...aaaaaand we're back! Back to the rough edges, the basic style and most of all, the hard, grimy, rip-roaring gritty reality that is Tara Chace. Can't believe that Rucka had the balls to end the romance as finally as he did - and that she dealt with it like she did.
Some bits were a level of awesome that a Fleming or a Le Carre dream about, and others were at a level of hilarity one seldom comes across - sardonic, tough and grimly amusing, like the rest of the comic.
In short - balls-to-the-wal
Karly
Mar 17, 2014 Karly rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
One of the best volumes I read, but I couldn't really get into the art as much as others,
Amory
Sep 07, 2015 Amory rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 75-in-2015-maybe
Brutal. But brutally good.
Bryson Kopf
Ok, so I think it was slightly telegraphed, but finally one of the Minders is dead, and ho-boy the team is not taking it well. After the low-key nature of Blackwall, this mission ramps up the tension. Like the other volumes, this is building on the last few story arcs (be sure to read the first volume of Declassified since it draws directly on next generation of characters from that tale). Really great moments for Tara and Crocker in this volume, good stuff.
Mel
May 29, 2007 Mel rated it liked it
Recommends it for: spy fans
Shelves: comics, friendrec
I wasn't sure what I was getting into when I read this. It started a bit dry, really geared toward fans of the spy genre. If you like Alias or Bourne Identity, you'd probably enjoy this. It was a tad uninteresting to me, although I could recognize it was well-crafted. Artwork was clean and simple, and interpreted some of the scenes in interesting ways. I'm not a huge fan of this genre, but you should check it out if you are.
Brian
Jul 02, 2015 Brian rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-fiction
Ed, the operative with the least seniority whom Tara had a brief fling with, suffers a stroke and dies overseas. There's no indication of foul play, but everyone is suspicious anyway.

Meanwhile, Tara goes to Tblisi to fulfill an obligation of her boss to a kidnapped politicians father.
catechism
Jan 29, 2015 catechism rated it really liked it
good gritty story building on previous volumes, but ended really abruptly. I also didn't love the art, but it also wasn't outright offensive like in v3. still really enjoying being caught up in the adventures of Tara Chace.
Selwa
Aug 07, 2008 Selwa rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, violence, british
This one was really heart wrenching. It's still hard to get used to a different artist for each volume, but this one was good, although not my favorite.
Joe
Mar 14, 2014 Joe rated it really liked it
This just keeps getting better.
We start with a plot twist.
One that changes what everone else is doing and saying.

Just good, clean fun.
Michael Bryan
Sep 01, 2007 Michael Bryan rated it really liked it
Classic Rucka grit, but this installment of Chace's adventures was somewhat anti-climatic, if biting realistic.
Doug
Sep 01, 2009 Doug rated it really liked it
Best story yet in this series, worst art yet.
Jason
Jason added it
May 28, 2016
Huggishunter
Huggishunter marked it as to-read
May 24, 2016
All Graphic
All Graphic marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
Adrian
Adrian marked it as to-read
May 14, 2016
Matthew Price
Matthew Price rated it really liked it
May 10, 2016
Matt
Matt marked it as to-read
May 09, 2016
Sandi Worthen
Sandi Worthen marked it as to-read
May 07, 2016
Cal
Cal marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Przemysław Gumułka
Przemysław Gumułka rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2016
John Seetoo
John Seetoo rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2016
Esmira Serova
Esmira Serova rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2016
Brendan O'neill
Brendan O'neill rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2016
Alexa Burks
Alexa Burks marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2016
Anders
Anders rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2016
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Thaddeus
Thaddeus rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2016
  • Casanova, Vol. 1: Luxuria
  • Finder, Vol. 04: Talisman
  • Doom Patrol, Vol. 6: Planet Love
  • Super Spy
  • The Losers, Vol. 3: Trifecta
  • Lobster Johnson, Vol. 1: The Iron Prometheus (Lobster Johnson, #1)
  • Astro City, Vol. 6: The Dark Age, Book One: Brothers and Other Strangers
  • Velvet, Vol. 1: Before the Living End
  • Bacchus, Vol. 1: Immortality Isn't Forever
  • The Surrogates
  • Global Frequency Vol. 1: Planet Ablaze (Global Frequency, #1)
  • The Escapists
  • Honour Among Punks: The Complete Baker Street Collection
Greg Rucka, is an American comic book writer and novelist, known for his work on such comics as Action Comics, Batwoman: Detective Comics, and the miniseries Superman: World of New Krypton for DC Comics, and for novels such as his Queen & Country series.
More about Greg Rucka...

Queen and Country (8 books)
  • Queen and Country, Vol. 1: Broken Ground